MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BigSmilez Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:57 am
Calcaire wrote:I also got this "double pad trig " with 2.11.6 ( maybe 2.11.4) , with another pad lighting, and even on soft impact

It looked like my mistake ... After update and (mandatory) resetting of preferences, my pads threshold and sensibility was reverted to defaults ( medium, 8 and 8) . Increasing pad threshold to the high level I always used ( around 12-14) seemed to do the trick .

BUT it 's on 2.11 that it was evident (on my MPC Live 1 I've got since 2.5) , and it wasn't the same "very fast double trig of an adjacent pad" , but a " 2 rows distant double pad trig without banging" . So maybe something changed on these last versions...

I have figured out a solution. I too had changed my pad sensitivity and threshold after updating to 2.11.6. It appears that the issue is because of this setting.
Reset preferences -> restarted -> pad double trigger persisted. Now, enter preferences -> Hardware section -> bang on all pads one by one. The velocity, aftertouch move as expected. Now, exit the preferences screen. Bug resolved!
By BigSmilez Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:58 am
Monotremata wrote:Is the second pad actually triggering or are you just seeing Pad Perform in all its lovely glory highlighting every octave of the note you're playing? With keygroups (and MIDI programs and I believe the plugins) Pad Perform is on all the time. Even when set to 'Custom' with no scale or anything selected, Pad Perform will light up ALL of the octaves of the note you're playing. If you press the pad to play a C2, its also going to light up C3. Some folks on the FB group didn't understand why I keep complaining about Pad Perform and this is part of why.

Actual triggering, not just the lighting but the audio as well. I might have stumbled on a fix for this issue.
By martijnow Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:51 pm
Bounce to sample always freezes
Mpc standalone mode
Sequence -> bounce to sample
Track drum program
Can someone give an example? Or what I doing wrong?
By akaimpclive2 Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:36 pm
martijnow wrote:Bounce to sample always freezes
Mpc standalone mode
Track drum program

Check page 26
By The0N3 Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:09 pm
after 4 months they submittied the ticket CLOSED without even replying or reaching out to me, the f is wrong with these people...

Monotremata wrote:
kb420ps wrote:Do any of you have any connections with the people at Akai? Is there any kind of timetable that they are making to resolve some of the new bugs? I submitted a tech support ticket, and they have NEVER responded at all. All I got was an email that says the following:

"We have received your request and a ticket has been created.
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a response asap."

That was 14 days ago. I don't know what they consider "ASAP".

Hah got the same response when I submitted one the day the firmware was released (still haven't heard back either). Man, at our help desk, the SLA is 48 hours. You dont respond to a ticket by then, that's your job heh. But I guess thats why we get the ratings for customer service we do and Akai isn't even on the map for it..
By The0N3 Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:11 pm
Lampdog wrote:
kb420ps wrote:That was 14 days ago. I don't know what they consider "ASAP".

I feel like that automated response is just an attempt to butter up the masses.
I’ve sent 3 and haven’t heard from anyone in more than a year.

a year bro?? :x :x they closed my ticket after 4 months without doing anything about it
By bad mind Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:00 am
martijnow wrote:Bounce to sample always freezes
Mpc standalone mode
Track drum program

Having the same issue with Track Edit > Bounce Track To New Sample
Progress bar moves for a moment then freezes up, no new sample gets created
Standalone on MPC Key 61, latest OS
By Lampdog Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:31 pm
Keys61, os 2.11.6
Sequence pencil, bounce to sample, does NOT work as expected, it stops and sits there @around 75%, no small audible “click” is heard. I hit cancel and went back to main menu.

Track pencil, bounce to sample, does NOT work as expected, it stops and sits there @around 75% AND when it stops I hear an small audible “click”. I hit cancel and went back to main menu.

Track pencil, bounce to audio track, does NOT work as expected, it stops and sits there @around 75%, no small audible “click” is heard. I hit cancel and went back to main menu.

MPC X, os 2.11.6
Sequence pencil, bounce to sample, Works as expected.

Track pencil, bounce to sample, does NOT work as expected, it stops and sits there @around 75%, no small audible “click” is heard. I hit cancel and went back to main menu

Track pencil, bounce to audio track, does NOT work as expected, it stops and sits there @around 75%, no small audible “click” is heard. I hit cancel and went back to main menu.

Conclusion (my experience):
MPC X seq bounce to sample, Y
MPC X track bounce to sample, N
MPC X track bounce to audio track, N

Keys61 seq bounce to sample, N
Keys61 track bounce to sample, N
Keys61 track bounce to audio track, N
By Calcaire Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:35 pm
BigSmilez wrote:

I have figured out a solution. I too had changed my pad sensitivity and threshold after updating to 2.11.6. It appears that the issue is because of this setting.
Reset preferences -> restarted -> pad double trigger persisted. Now, enter preferences -> Hardware section -> bang on all pads one by one. The velocity, aftertouch move as expected. Now, exit the preferences screen. Bug resolved!

Bug reappeared today :( With very high pad thresohold level .

- I've got the 2 lower Rows ( Pads A1 to A8)mirror- triggering the 2 uppers row ( pads A9 to A 16)

- The upeer roxs pads are sometimes not working at all until they "unlock" themselves...

-When in hardware preferences settings, you can see that these pads just give very low velocity .

I'm on original LIVE 1 ... Never have this issue before 11.6.

Thanks for any hints, as setting pads threshold and sensitivity in hardware settings doesn't help .

:(
By Ekl1p5e Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:57 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xskDkcQxss

Its amazing this software works at all with some of the bugs that ive seen trying to use the mpc x since its been released. I look at people using it professionally and I have to wonder what their workflow is like to have so much trust in this. Ive lost and corrupted plenty of projects not even doing anything advanced
By dilingdong Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:58 am
Hi,

Just got my mpc and learning how to use it. I was playing around with drum synth and when I get to the mixer tab, the qlink knobs are not assigned to the correct parameters. It all over the place there. Anyone got this error?
I'm on the latest firmware. 2.11.6
By Lex Luthor71 Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:40 pm
Not sure if this is a bug or if it’s been reported but prior to 2.11.6 (last I checked when I did this was on 2.10) selecting multiple pads in the EDIT ZONES page of my MPC LIVE allowed me to simultaneously edit start and end points in the program page using PAD parameters. Sometimes I used this method to chop samples rather than use the sample edit as it speeded up my workflow. For instance, if I selected the start and end points to the first kick in a drum break on one pad using pad parameters, the other pads start and end points would do the same. Now this doesn’t happen as the other pads start and end points encompass the whole break I’m attempting to chop. Also changes made in the Drum FX page on one pad are not reflected to the other pads selected in the Multiple EDIT ZONES page.
By Visconte Cobram Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:15 pm
Is anyone else experiencing massive lag when pinch zooming (using touch screen) in Sample Edit on 2.11.6?
Mine was so bad (MPC One) that I had to revert to 2.11.4