MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bradley Smith Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:57 pm
Response form Akai:

Thank you for your enquiry and apologies for the delays in getting back to you.

Bug reporting can now be done directly through the MPC Beats software, this will then go directly to the development team. Please find below a link to this new bug reporting feature:

MPC Customer Feedback 

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch again.  
-----------

Note that a) there was no link and b) I can't find this bug reporting feature in the MPC Software.

Edit: There was a link!

http://18.202.138.89/feedback/create/bu ... alone/none

Yes, it has a hard coded IP address. Bit weird but it did take me to a page where I could report a bug.
By BostonGreen Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:02 pm
Bradley Smith wrote:Response form Akai:

Thank you for your enquiry and apologies for the delays in getting back to you.

Bug reporting can now be done directly through the MPC Beats software, this will then go directly to the development team. Please find below a link to this new bug reporting feature:

MPC Customer Feedback 

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch again.  
-----------

Note that a) there was no link and b) I can't find this bug reporting feature in the MPC Software.

Pre latest update it was a little smiley face, very bottom row, right hand corner, far left in the row from where you select browser, expansions etc. Not near my pc, so can't see if it's still there, should be though I'd imagine
By Bradley Smith Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:07 pm
BostonGreen wrote:
Pre latest update it was a little smiley face, very bottom row, right hand corner, far left in the row from where you select browser, expansions etc. Not near my pc, so can't see if it's still there, should be though I'd imagine

Aha! Silly me for not clicking on a smiley face :-)

Cheers mate, it's still there yep. That link takes you to:

http://feedback.akaipro.com/feedback/cr ... alone/none

Why on earth did they give me a hard coded ip address lol.
By BostonGreen Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:14 pm
Bradley Smith wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:

Aha! Silly me for not clicking on a smiley face :-)

Cheers mate, it's still there yep. That link takes you to:

http://feedback.akaipro.com/feedback/cr ... alone/none

Why on earth did they give me a hard coded ip address lol.

They'd get more responses if it was a ☹️ face
By Wul Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:02 pm
Has anyone ever had a pop up in the top right hand corner of the screen saying that it’s loading a preset on a synth on another track, there’s also a progress bar sometimes it’s quick sometimes it’s slow. But wait for it …………operating a midi controller mapped on another track pops it up. I’d post a vid or pic but not sure how to on here.
By 40Beatz Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:07 pm
Yes I noticed it. Seems Normal
By DET1200 Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:28 pm
I used the smiley face/feedback button on the Software. Had to enter an email address, but no acknowledgement or reply so far...
I then went through Akai Pro website support page-contact us and vented out my woes.
Got an automated reply and a ticket... Hopefully they will respond
By relapse808 Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:43 pm
Its a big oversight on probabilty. It seems to work for only notes so if you have a 3 or 4 note chord in your sequence there is no way to say probability amount on the entire chord. Can this please be fixed in a future update?
By Smokeychuck Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:08 pm
Not sure if this has been reported here or not. I imagine it has — I’ve already posted it on Reddit days ago.

The sampler bug.

Your first drum program cannot have samples assigned to it from the sampler. Not the default drum program, not the default drum program renamed, and definitely not if you delete the default program and create a new program 1 and rename it. You need to leave program 1 blank and create a program 2 to be able to assign samples to pads from the sampler.

What type of bunk ass shit is that.
By SuperKonquer Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:39 pm
relapse808 wrote:Its a big oversight on probability. It seems to work for only notes so if you have a 3 or 4 note chord in your sequence there is no way to say probability amount on the entire chord. Can this please be fixed in a future update?

Well now.. that really sucks. Haven't touched probability yet but I was looking forward to seeing what it could do with chords. A workaround is likely to have your chord notes slightly offset so they aren't on the same tick and you have individual notes to work with. That actually may give you the ability to do some more interesting things with chords and probability.... hhmm I really got get playing around with that
By Daniel_P Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:49 pm
kiddles wrote:Is it ok to revert to the previous version?

Sorry for posting twice before my 1st post got approved but this is stressing me out haha...

It seems the new firmware update has broken keygroups. There is now a really loud clicking/popping sound which occurs randomly, no matter whether using note on or one shot mode in mono. However it is REALLY bad when in one shot mode. No amount of dialling in ADSR settings or changing the end points fixes this either. The clip/pop actually occurs after the transient of the next triggered sample, which is extra strange, and it is slightly different every time it triggers.

I loaded up a project from yesterday just to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid, and compared it to an export I thankfully did... project now has the clipping/popping, export does not.

Take me baaaaaack! lol :Sigh:

Same issue here, can reproduce when creating a keygroup or when in 16 level.
By DZero Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:13 am
DET1200 wrote:Hi all. New member, long time lurker.
What a shit show this 2.11/2.11.2 update is!
Loving the new stuff but was quickly disappointed like others here.
Immediately noticed the mono pop/clicking issue when I loaded up a project (saved the night before on 2.10) A Jupiter Rising expansion keygroup (unmodified).. Playing a single note repeatedly is ok....another note afterwards and it cuts off after the attack. Pops and clicks. Played on pads, midi keyboard and in a sequence. Same shit.
Drum programs were fine..or so I thought.
Did a nice clean chop on a sample, created program from slices as usual and got something cooking. Didn't notice anything different. Plays fine when playing the pads, but in a sequence... The dreaded clicks and pops. So I did some testing. Adsr, sample start points, mute groups, poly/mono mode.. it makes no difference. Saved the project to card, hooked it up to the PC in controller mode and loaded up the project in Software. Still the f*cking same!
Back in standalone mode now so I copied the track to another and muted the original... Still the same. When I muted the copied track and went back to the original, nothing was there! The pads were lighting, the sequencer showed the notes but all I could hear were the pops and clicks!?!
The core MPC experience for me is banging out 'one shot' samples and it's killing my vibe.
That's not counting the other crap like Software randomly closing or the midi ports not being recognised, or the MPC one just exiting controller mode when it feels like it.
Maybe I was lucky but 2.10 was rock solid on that front. Oh and I also got 'Audio Input device not found' after one of these episodes, but the MPC One didn't shut off (like it has for others) and played fine when I hit 'OK'
Going back to 2.10 tomorrow I think. Jesus.

yeah man, same. I'm most likely rolling back tonight.
By Wul Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:48 am
Smokeychuck wrote:Not sure if this has been reported here or not. I imagine it has — I’ve already posted it on Reddit days ago.

The sampler bug.

Your first drum program cannot have samples assigned to it from the sampler. Not the default drum program, not the default drum program renamed, and definitely not if you delete the default program and create a new program 1 and rename it. You need to leave program 1 blank and create a program 2 to be able to assign samples to pads from the sampler.

What type of bunk ass shit is that.

Yea, I’ve noticed that and it’s same with looper. Thought I’d mentioned it .
I’m at a loss as to how someone that releases this shite can call themselves a developer.
Last night I attached a 61 key keyboard. The mapping of the notes was all over the place,
One octave got repeated on the adjacent octave , and the plugin actually sounded very different on the upper octaves,
Also noticed, when on the key map page a lower octave muted the tracks , wtf is the setting for that. Absolute fkn clowns they are.
By Wul Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:40 pm
Wul wrote:Yea, I’ve noticed that and it’s same with looper. Thought I’d mentioned it .
I’m at a loss as to how someone that releases this shite can call themselves a developer.
Last night I attached a 61 key keyboard. The mapping of the notes was all over the place,
One octave got repeated on the adjacent octave , and the plugin actually sounded very different on the upper octaves,
Also noticed, when on the key map page a lower octave muted the tracks , wtf is the setting for that. Absolute fkn clowns they are.

Further tests with a 61 note keyboard attached that it appears to be activating some sort of midi map to the Mpc ones octave buttons using channel one , I do have midi control mapping enabled with 2 controls mapped maybe they’ve left a map in the internal folder, which is possible. Can any one else confirm !
I’ll do some more tests , it’s possible that a qlinks are mapped too.
By Bradley Smith Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:12 pm
Soloing an external midi track just mutes everything, including the midi track.
EDIT: No, I get it. By soling the midi on that track, I'm simultaneously muting the audio of that track. Seems dumb but I can picture the routing in my head and it makes sense. So, to solo this track I basically have to mute all the others?