MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ontherun Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:34 am
updated to 2.11.6 on my MPC One, i couldn't save onto SD Card any more, tried 3 different one.
Saving to USB Stick works. I formatted on SD Card inside the MPC and tried saving, takes ages and fails after a while.
Downgrading to 2.11.4 solves that problem.
By Zack Zerox Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:17 am
I don't think this is new bug, probably an old unfixed one: inconsistent results (and some errors) when bouncing audio.

It's not something I do very often, but it's something I usually experience when I do. Some tracks export/bounce just fine, others have clicks /pops instead of some of the samples. So for example, exporting a drum stem and some parts are fine, but say the kick might just be replaced by a click sound throughout.

It can happen in both software and standalone.

It's really annoying. Yesterday I gave up on it and just resampled into my DAW instead, which works fine.
By HanHuman Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:11 pm
They need to pause any new features development and start focusing on fixing those bugs. The list can't pile on like that forever, it has gotten to the point where a lot of people won't even risk the upgrade and many who do end up going back to previous versions. This is ridiculous.
By wadewatts Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:45 pm
Hey.
I'm encountering a bug on MPC One with Remote MIDI and Akai Network MIDI on v2.11.6.
When I change the transposition a few times on a MIDI track, it stops sending MIDI until I reboot the MPC.
The MPC is recognised by the Network MIDI app and the MIDI Monitor on the MPC shows MIDI data being sent.
I've tried disabling/re-enabling the Ethernet connection but that didn't change anything. :hmmm:
So, I imagine it's the network daemon on the MPC that needs to be rebooted.

Encountered another bug in MIDI Learn, also v2.11.6 on MPC One:
flickering through CC numbers and mapping seem to overload the CPU and RAM until the point the MPC freezes and I've to reboot.
Workaround is to leave MIDI Control after a few mappings (and preferably save) and come back but that's not ideal.

Anyone has the same issues?
Are these bugs or am I using it wrong? haha
By Lampdog Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:31 pm
HanHuman wrote:They need to pause any new features development and start focusing on fixing those bugs. The list can't pile on like that forever, it has gotten to the point where a lot of people won't even risk the upgrade and many who do end up going back to previous versions. This is ridiculous.

What was it 2.7 something something and now 2.11.5.
Only twice I've reverted back cause it was so bad. Bugs squashing should take precedence. Agreed.
By HanHuman Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:35 pm
At least if it was only going in the fixing direction, but oftentimes they fix something to break something elsewhere. :Sigh:
By LivePsy Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:03 pm
Remember when hardware mpcs got no updates, yet had glaring bugs, and had a fraction of the features? Kinda missing those days.
By Empy C Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:08 pm
chrismayall wrote:Hello,

Got a MIDI themed bug. I've got a Nord Stage 3 which outputs MIDI on channels 1 and 2, either simultaneously or once at a time.

Running this through the MPC 2.11.3 via the midi input port.

Track 1 is set to MIDI input + output 1.
Track 2 is set to MIDI input + output 2.

...then running it out of the MPC midi output to a midi splitter, with synths set to receive channels 1 and 2.

It plays and monitors as it should when the nord sends channel 1 OR 2, but if both channels are sent in simultaneously, the MPC only processes channel 1.
Only the monitor on track 1 of the MPC is affected, and only the synth on channel 1 makes a noise.

The midi log is showing note on and note off for channels 1 and 2 simultaneously.

I've tried testing it with the nord directly to midi splitter - works fine.

Anyone else had this problem, or know of any workarounds?

Thanks
Chris

Any ideas?

I am having the same issue, and it's only with unison notes.

* Alesis Q25 - track 1, midi channel 1
* Nektar LX88+ - track 2, midi channel 2

The midi monitor shows note on/off for both controllers on unison notes.
Only the first controller note sounds, and the second controller note is dead.
The note that sounds first (probably milliseconds before the other) takes priority, and then the second note never sounds at all.

For instance, a C5 on the Alesis takes priority of the C5 on the Nektar, and vice-versa.
It only occurs on the same note in unison. So a F3 on the Nectar would sound, and the F3 on the Alesis is dead.

This bug is devastating, and has no known solution. If you find a workaround, please do let me know! I'll do the same.

The only thing I can do is change octaves and transpose one of the tracks to avoid playing unison notes together. Altering the way I play is really not a solution, since my vintage Korg Triton Rack can handle this without any problem.
By BigSmilez Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:44 pm
Updated to 2.11.6 and the pads are not responding. Press Pad 1, it plays pad1 + pad9. Press Pad9, nothing happens!
By BigSmilez Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:21 pm
BigSmilez wrote:Updated to 2.11.6 and the pads are not responding. Press Pad 1, it plays pad1 + pad9. Press Pad9, nothing happens!

Downgraded to 2.11.5 and this sticky pad issue still persists. My MPC is next to unusable at the moment. Akai needs to get its shit together! :vomit: :vomit:
By Monotremata Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:19 pm
BigSmilez wrote:
BigSmilez wrote:Updated to 2.11.6 and the pads are not responding. Press Pad 1, it plays pad1 + pad9. Press Pad9, nothing happens!

Downgraded to 2.11.5 and this sticky pad issue still persists. My MPC is next to unusable at the moment. Akai needs to get its shit together! :vomit: :vomit:

That sounds like you've got some hardware issues, you might want to contact support.
By BigSmilez Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:49 pm
Monotremata wrote:That sounds like you've got some hardware issues, you might want to contact support.

I am sure that it's not a hardware issue. As soon as I switch the track, the pads work fine. For example, I loaded up Fabric Piano, played pad1, it triggered 1+9. Then, pad 9 became unusable. Then I switched to track 2, which had a drum prog. Pad 9 worked fine here till the time I pressed Pad1. Feels like a software thing.
By Calcaire Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:43 pm
I also got this "double pad trig " with 2.11.6 ( maybe 2.11.4) , with another pad lighting, and even on soft impact

It looked like my mistake ... After update and (mandatory) resetting of preferences, my pads threshold and sensibility was reverted to defaults ( medium, 8 and 8) . Increasing pad threshold to the high level I always used ( around 12-14) seemed to do the trick .

BUT it 's on 2.11 that it was evident (on my MPC Live 1 I've got since 2.5) , and it wasn't the same "very fast double trig of an adjacent pad" , but a " 2 rows distant double pad trig without banging" . So maybe something changed on these last versions...
By Monotremata Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:42 pm
Is the second pad actually triggering or are you just seeing Pad Perform in all its lovely glory highlighting every octave of the note you're playing? With keygroups (and MIDI programs and I believe the plugins) Pad Perform is on all the time. Even when set to 'Custom' with no scale or anything selected, Pad Perform will light up ALL of the octaves of the note you're playing. If you press the pad to play a C2, its also going to light up C3. Some folks on the FB group didn't understand why I keep complaining about Pad Perform and this is part of why.