MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Shen718 Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:48 pm
For those who wish to revert from 2.11.2 back to 2.10.1 (USB) try this:

It's located on https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-live.

The legacy stuff is on Akaipro.com, not on the inMusic site.

This should work for MPC Live (I & II), One and X models.
By monkito Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:16 pm
[quote="colonyrecords"]I love the new quick keygroup feature but it should automatically detect the sample key and map it correctly, they did it lazy. You have to tune the sample in the keygroup after the fact or it Will be out of key. They already know the sample key, why not script this to make it perfect.[/quote]

The current behavior is mostly correct and while it should _offer_ to detect key when you 'quick
keygroup' it shouldn't automagically do so.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:21 pm
monkito wrote:
colonyrecords wrote:I love the new quick keygroup feature but it should automatically detect the sample key and map it correctly, they did it lazy. You have to tune the sample in the keygroup after the fact or it Will be out of key. They already know the sample key, why not script this to make it perfect.

The current behavior is mostly correct and while it should _offer_ to detect key when you 'quick
keygroup' it shouldn't automagically do so.

No I think it should definitely auto-detect and map accordingly, that's a good feature request. I can't see any downside to it doing it all for you. In the end it's supposed to be a quick, usable keygroup instrument, so it really should be setting the root note for you, especially as it already knows it in most cases, I don';t think it's a big job to include this.

In a perfect world it would also sustain loop the sample for you :)
By Monotremata Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:55 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:No I think it should definitely auto-detect and map accordingly, that's a good feature request. I can't see any downside to it doing it all for you. In the end it's supposed to be a quick, usable keygroup instrument, so it really should be setting the root note for you, especially as it already knows it in most cases, I don';t think it's a big job to include this.

In a perfect world it would also sustain loop the sample for you :)

Doesn't the key detection already happen on the sample itself though? Ever since they added that feature, when I import a sample, it's already got the key detected when I look at it in sample edit. Whether its accurate or not thats another thing, but either way.. If you're making a keygroup from a single sample, and the MPC has already detected the key on import, then as long as the root note in the keygroup is set to SMP, it will use the root note already detected and your keygroup should play just fine.
By DET1200 Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:52 pm
Hi all. New member, long time lurker.
What a shit show this 2.11/2.11.2 update is!
Loving the new stuff but was quickly disappointed like others here.
Immediately noticed the mono pop/clicking issue when I loaded up a project (saved the night before on 2.10) A Jupiter Rising expansion keygroup (unmodified).. Playing a single note repeatedly is ok....another note afterwards and it cuts off after the attack. Pops and clicks. Played on pads, midi keyboard and in a sequence. Same shit.
Drum programs were fine..or so I thought.
Did a nice clean chop on a sample, created program from slices as usual and got something cooking. Didn't notice anything different. Plays fine when playing the pads, but in a sequence... The dreaded clicks and pops. So I did some testing. Adsr, sample start points, mute groups, poly/mono mode.. it makes no difference. Saved the project to card, hooked it up to the PC in controller mode and loaded up the project in Software. Still the f*cking same!
Back in standalone mode now so I copied the track to another and muted the original... Still the same. When I muted the copied track and went back to the original, nothing was there! The pads were lighting, the sequencer showed the notes but all I could hear were the pops and clicks!?!
The core MPC experience for me is banging out 'one shot' samples and it's killing my vibe.
That's not counting the other crap like Software randomly closing or the midi ports not being recognised, or the MPC one just exiting controller mode when it feels like it.
Maybe I was lucky but 2.10 was rock solid on that front. Oh and I also got 'Audio Input device not found' after one of these episodes, but the MPC One didn't shut off (like it has for others) and played fine when I hit 'OK'
Going back to 2.10 tomorrow I think. Jesus.
By colonyrecords Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:05 am
^Yup.. If you quick keygroup a piano sample that’s a G note for example. It maps that G root note to middle C. If you play a melody it’s out of key..
By JrTMoney2 Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:02 am
I think one person mentioned it previously, but Splice seems to be broken after the 2.11 update - although I think people have had issues before 2.11 here and there.

For me personally, I have all my sounds from Splice still on my drive, but now they won't play/audition at all. After searching I saw other people who can't get their sounds, or other issues.
By fmq75 Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:59 am
colonyrecords wrote:I like many things in the updates, not going to bash them. Best thing so far is swipe left for custom menus. Love searching for plugins etc..

The blame should be all the YouTube beta testers that don’t really use the thing for music, only clicks..

I like this menu as well but when i wanted to customize it,it turns out the One has almost all of this as a buttons already but at least i can access the soundbrowser :-D

Did they fix the q link mappings?
By 40Beatz Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:45 pm
You guys haven't realized by now? We're the (free)Beta Testers. Actual Beta Testers always leak it early. Its been like that for awhile now.

Guarantee there'll be a 2.11.3 poppin up real soon :lol:
By Straker Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:01 pm
Maybe not a bug, but still track mute works with note off.
Before 2.8, the samples were on but silenced so as you switched track on, they started playing immediately.
After 2.8, when you switch track on, the sample starts playing only when it's retriggered.
Did anyone notice that?
I liked the way it was before.
By Monotremata Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:07 pm
Straker wrote:Maybe not a bug, but still track mute works with note off.
Before 2.8, the samples were on but silenced so as you switched track on, they started playing immediately.
After 2.8, when you switch track on, the sample starts playing only when it's retriggered.
Did anyone notice that?

Folks have been complaining about that since that update first dropped haha.
By Straker Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:09 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Straker wrote:Maybe not a bug, but still track mute works with note off.
Did anyone notice that?

Folks have been complaining about that since that update first dropped haha.

So is it just a change of behaviour?
Not a bug?
By psoul Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:23 pm
technically not a bug cause all the previous mpc i think they work like it is now
By Straker Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:33 pm
psoul wrote:technically not a bug cause all the previous mpc i think they work like it is now

Ok fine.
But it was better before.