MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kb420ps Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:48 pm

Just found another controller mode bug in MPC 2.11.5. The filters are labeled wrong in the software starting from "High 1" to the end of the list. The MPC X hardware is displaying what filter you are actually using, but the software is displaying the wrong filter. Here is a list of what's actually happening:

MPC X Display (Actual Filter) - MPC Software Display

Off- Off (Correct)
Low 1- Low 1 (Correct)
Low 2- Low 2 (Correct)
Low 4- Low 4 (Correct)
Low 6- Low 6 (Correct)
Low 8- Low 8 (Correct)
High 1- MPC (Incorrect)
High 2- High 1 (Incorrect)
High 4- High 2 (Incorrect)
High 6- High 4 (Incorrect)
High 8- High 6 (Incorrect)
Band 2- High 8 (Incorrect)
Band 4- Band 2 (Incorrect)
Band 6- Band 4 (Incorrect)
Band 8- Band 6 (Incorrect)
BS 2P- Band 8 (Incorrect)
BS 4P- BS 2P (Incorrect)
BS 6P- BS 4P (Incorrect)
BS 8P- BS 6P (Incorrect)
BB 2P- BS 8P (Incorrect)
BB 4P- BB 2P (Incorrect)
BB 6P- BB 4P (Incorrect)
BB 8P- BB 6P (Incorrect)
Mode 1- BB 8P (Incorrect)
Mode 2- Mode 1 (Incorrect)
Mode 3- Mode 2 (Incorrect)
Vocal 1- Mode 3 (Incorrect)
Vocal 2- Vocal 1 (Incorrect)
Vocal 3- Vocal 2 (Incorrect)
MPC- Vocal 3 (Incorrect)

Has anyone else run in to this problem? Have you already reported this bug?
Last edited by kb420ps on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:04 am
That's alot of incorrects!

Are the X and Software on the same version? 2.11.5?
By kb420ps Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:06 am
Lampdog wrote:That's alot of incorrects!

Are the X and Software on the same version? 2.11.5?

Yes. I updated both my MPC X Firmware, and the MPC Software to 2.11.5 today.

Can you or anyone else verify this bug?
By Lampdog Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:41 am
I'll have to wait till this weekend, working nights at the moment.
By Monotremata Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:09 am
Jesus Christ AKAI TURN OFF PAD PERFORM ALREADY. God that shit is annoying.

Yeah filter display bug is there. I haven't fired up the software in so long it showed me a novel of all the updates I missed since then haha. Lowpass filters are all good but somebody **** up an internal XML file or something and the rest of them are shifted by one heh.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:24 am
That's been there for the past few updates, they don't seem to be in any rush to fix this. Surely a really simple fix as well.

It's down to the position of the 'MPC' low pass filter, which is shown last on the entire filter list in the hardware UI, but after LP8 in the software.

kb420ps wrote:

Just found another controller mode bug in MPC 2.11.5. The filters are labeled wrong in the software starting from "High 1" to the end of the list. The MPC X hardware is displaying what filter you are actually using, but the software is displaying the wrong filter. Here is a list of what's actually happening:

MPC X Display (Actual Filter) - MPC Software Display

Off- Off (Correct)
Low 1- Low 1 (Correct)
Low 2- Low 2 (Correct)
Low 4- Low 4 (Correct)
Low 6- Low 6 (Correct)
Low 8- Low 8 (Correct)
High 1- MPC (Incorrect)
High 2- High 1 (Incorrect)
High 4- High 2 (Incorrect)
High 6- High 4 (Incorrect)
High 8- High 6 (Incorrect)
Band 2- High 8 (Incorrect)
Band 4- Band 2 (Incorrect)
Band 6- Band 4 (Incorrect)
Band 8- Band 6 (Incorrect)
BS 2P- Band 8 (Incorrect)
BS 4P- BS 2P (Incorrect)
BS 6P- BS 4P (Incorrect)
BS 8P- BS 6P (Incorrect)
BB 2P- BS 8P (Incorrect)
BB 4P- BB 2P (Incorrect)
BB 6P- BB 4P (Incorrect)
BB 8P- BB 6P (Incorrect)
Mode 1- BB 8P (Incorrect)
Mode 2- Mode 1 (Incorrect)
Mode 3- Mode 2 (Incorrect)
Vocal 1- Mode 3 (Incorrect)
Vocal 2- Vocal 1 (Incorrect)
Vocal 3- Vocal 2 (Incorrect)
MPC- Vocal 3 (Incorrect)

Has anyone else run in to this problem? Have you already reported this bug?
By KAANG Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:42 pm
Just got 2.11.5, just opened a project standalone today, tried to load some of my samples i keep on my drive, nothing loads. The dialog will show but no sample will populate. I've noticed this is only for songs that I've either added in, or recorded into my mpc live 2. All my drum packs audition and populate sample pools, same with MPC expansions but my crates are just not loading. Anyone else experincing this?
By dez perado Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:26 am
No more rex file support in software after 2.11.5 update
By enzyme Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:36 pm
Bug 2.11.5

Every time I try to bounce a track to sample the machine hangs at the end of the process and I have to cancel it. Worked fine before…
By ck4000 Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:42 pm
ck4000 wrote:Here is the bug I reported for the MPC One - Anyone else experiencing this issue?

It's been like this since 2.11 update.

1. Open any sample in Sample Edit mode
2. Zoom in 100%
3. Select start or end value field
4. Turning the Data Dial now increases and decreases the selected value by 2 instead of 1
5. Pressing the + and - Buttons now increase and decrease the selected value by 2 instead of 1

This bug is still present in 2.11.5
By enzyme Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:22 pm
enzyme wrote:Bug 2.11.5

Every time I try to bounce a track to sample the machine hangs at the end of the process and I have to cancel it. Worked fine before…

Downgrading to 2.11.4 brought functionality back… BUT there’s another bug where bounced samples are named incorrectly if an existing bounce is present, eg. Usually it would be something like ‘Bounce-Track 10’ followed by ‘Bounce-Track 10-1’. Currently it assigns seemingly random labels, my bounce track 10 example resulted in ‘Track 1’ & ‘Track 2’, without even the Bounce prefix.
By PRAYTHEPO Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:35 pm
I don't know if it is bug or hardware issues, but when i lower master volume knob on my MPC One back panel, sound disappears from left channel, i can hear all the sound only in right ear. As only I raise volume up, its gradually comes to a center. I can provide a video if needed :)
By PRAYTHEPO Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:56 pm
PRAYTHEPO wrote:In compare with 2.11.4, now in 2.11.5 when you scroll beat counter with main knob (jog-wheel), it lags as crazy. In 2.11.4 it was a little bit more smooth

https://fpic.in/XEdt4oc

NEWS: Using Q-links (bank1, q-link 2) changing parameter "PLAYHEAD" doesnt lag. Still lags while scrolling time bar with main knob