MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Zack Zerox Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:30 pm
Expansions are taking an age to show up in my browser in 2.11.8
Initially I thought it was first time after resetting preferences, but it's continued.
(My expansions are in an SSD.)
By Lancerben Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:16 am
Zack Zerox wrote:Expansions are taking an age to show up in my browser in 2.11.8
Initially I thought it was first time after resetting preferences, but it's continued.

Mine is fine.. I can also save to my ssd (2.11.8)
So far no issues with that version except zooming feature still doesn't stay centered as it should... So far. Didn't mess with it too much yet.
By Zack Zerox Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:38 am
Lancerben wrote:
Zack Zerox wrote:Expansions are taking an age to show up in my browser in 2.11.8

Mine is fine.. I can also save to my ssd (2.11.8)
So far no issues with that version except zooming feature still doesn't stay centered as it should... So far. Didn't mess with it too much yet.

To be fair I've got a lot on there... But I've never even seen a 'looking for expansions' message before now.

Not a major problem though, just a bit annoying.
By PRAYTHEPO Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:32 pm
After updating to 2.11.6 in TubeSynth "doubling" and "quad" parameters affected only after double-tap of stop and play again. 2.11.5 allows it on the fly.

Same story with 2.11.7 and 2.11.8
By Kwerky Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:39 am
Bradley Smith wrote:Running 2.11.8 on MPC One. Midi note-on / note-off bug has NOT returned. Scarlett 2i2 interface continues to work. All good so far from my perspective.

Am I reading this right? Do you mean the bug where a note on one MIDI channel is turned off by the same note ending on another channel? Have they actually fixed this?
By Lampdog Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:35 am
Yes.
By Jeffmhopkins Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:12 am
Updated to 2.11.8, for the external audio interface fixes. I'll using an Expert Sleepers ES-9 in my Eurorack system.

-while soloing/unsoloing channels, loading the tuner, and various other things can cause the interface to go static and hissy on all channels. In the case of solo induced noise, a cycle of solo sometimes makes the noise go away.

The MIDI noteOff bug still exists for me while sequencing via external USB midi devices. In my case, a Keystep Pro outputting notes on ch1 and ch2, any noteOff messages will apply to all channels simultaneously, cutting off longer chords and bass lines.
By Bradley Smith Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:18 am
Kwerky wrote:
Bradley Smith wrote:Running 2.11.8 on MPC One. Midi note-on / note-off bug has NOT returned. Scarlett 2i2 interface continues to work. All good so far from my perspective.

Am I reading this right? Do you mean the bug where a note on one MIDI channel is turned off by the same note ending on another channel? Have they actually fixed this?

Was fixed in 2.11.7 :)
By Avasopht Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:47 am
Sometimes when I save my project, it plays the preview for the first project in the browser (even though my last screen with the menu and main).
By Jeffmhopkins Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:24 pm
For sanity check since I used USB midi and still had the note off bug, I tried it via MIDI DIN as well. Cross channel noteOff bug still exists across both external USB MIDI and DIN midi in 2.11.8

Setup note: verified two tracks were set to only allow one channel from one device, verified in midi monitor the note on/off messages only came for each channel when played.
By ontherun Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:05 pm
my SD Card which I use for over 2 years does not work on 2.11.8.
everything is fine with 2.11.4.
I can load files but saving gives me an error, when I try to format that card inside the MPC it gives me an error also. I can format the card in Windows 10 without problems.
When I go back to 2.11.4 it works again.

I bought another one and that one works with 2.11.8
strange Problem
By Bradley Smith Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:37 am
Jeffmhopkins wrote:For sanity check since I used USB midi and still had the note off bug, I tried it via MIDI DIN as well. Cross channel noteOff bug still exists across both external USB MIDI and DIN midi in 2.11.8

Setup note: verified two tracks were set to only allow one channel from one device, verified in midi monitor the note on/off messages only came for each channel when played.

Now you had me questioning my own sanity!

Track I’m working on has a fast bass pulse of E flat 1 to a Blofeld on midi channel 2 over usb and a long pad of E flat 1 to an Argon8x on channel 1 over usb. The track wouldn’t work if that bug was there and I tested it and it’s fine. I also tried putting the Argon8 on midi din cables and connected an mpk mini so I could trigger identical notes from the Argon8 and mpk to the Argon8 and Blofeld and there were no erroneous note cutoffs.

I don’t know what else to say. Sorry this is still a problem for you. Can’t explain why!
By Monotremata Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:11 pm
Bradley Smith wrote:Now you had me questioning my own sanity!

Track I’m working on has a fast bass pulse of E flat 1 to a Blofeld on midi channel 2 over usb and a long pad of E flat 1 to an Argon8x on channel 1 over usb. The track wouldn’t work if that bug was there and I tested it and it’s fine. I also tried putting the Argon8 on midi din cables and connected an mpk mini so I could trigger identical notes from the Argon8 and mpk to the Argon8 and Blofeld and there were no erroneous note cutoffs.

I don’t know what else to say. Sorry this is still a problem for you. Can’t explain why!

The bug seems to affect incoming MIDI from external devices. If you're using the MPC as your sequencer and it's the one sending all the MIDI you're fine.
By Bradley Smith Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:46 pm
I’ve done both and it all works. I believe I was the original bug reporter of this issue and the later one where you couldn’t even trigger a second same midi note so I do have some experience replicating the issue but that doesn’t mean I can’t have messed up in my testing!

If you can post some absolutely exact steps and setup to highlight the issue then I’ll be happy to try it out because maybe you’ve found something I’m going to hit later on!
By Wul Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:25 pm
Is it me or has the colour drained out of the save pop up icons and the sounds thumbnails and program types. 2.11.8 Mpc one .