MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Avasopht Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pm
kazakore wrote:
Avasopht wrote:
I'm talking about the mix view within the mixer where you can choose the mixer for MIDI, Audio, Programs, Buses, or the Master Bus, not changing a program on a track.

The mix screen should have only changed to the program mixer (which it did).

So am I. Look at the top of the screen, you have a pulldown list for both Program and Track in the Pad Mixer. Pretty much everywhere in the MPC it follows your Track>Pattern/Pad/KG for editing and this is something to be aware of and get used to. The Tracks/Program/Outputs etc mixers are rare exceptions to this.

Oh right, I just realized, in the pad mixer it's not changing the mixer view. The MPC was by my window so I didn't notice the black text.
By colonyrecords Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:06 pm
Not sure if this was posted. As a Mpc old head, they changed the play/stop button function where you now have to press it twice to quickly restart the beat. Think the pharell neptunes 4x repeat intros. Can’t do that anymore in standalone mode. It still works correctly in desktop controller mode. I really would like this feature back..
By Ekl1p5e Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:38 pm
I went to add a plugin track after recording a couple of drum program tracks and the plugin track was still playing a drum program. Had to switch track and switch back to resolve.

Also, while recording a drum track, deleted a note from event list but note still played. Tried to remove sample from program and it still plays.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:34 pm
Ekl1p5e wrote:I went to add a plugin track after recording a couple of drum program tracks and the plugin track was still playing a drum program. Had to switch track and switch back to resolve.

Also, while recording a drum track, deleted a note from event list but note still played. Tried to remove sample from program and it still plays.

Did you recently do an update and not do a pref reset afterwards?
By 8ty8 Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:10 pm
Lampdog wrote:Did you recently do an update and not do a pref reset afterwards?

Yo Lamp, I thought you had to do the pref reset first and THEN the update?

Or did I get my order of operations mixed up? Is it update first, THEN reset prefs?
By Lampdog Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:52 pm
8ty8 wrote:…….update first, THEN reset prefs
By Ekl1p5e Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:16 am
Lampdog wrote:
Ekl1p5e wrote:I went to add a plugin track after recording a couple of drum program tracks and the plugin track was still playing a drum program. Had to switch track and switch back to resolve.

Did you recently do an update and not do a pref reset afterwards?

Whats a pref reset? Or how is it done?
By jamos Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:07 pm
I apologize for asking this, I have not been paying attention. I am on 2.11.7, did not upgrade until .7, because the earlier versions were so spotty. Is .8 an improvement? Any new bugs?
By simonb Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:06 pm
jamos wrote:I apologize for asking this, I have not been paying attention. I am on 2.11.7, did not upgrade until .7, because the earlier versions were so spotty. Is .8 an improvement? Any new bugs?

I've just upgraded my MPC One to 2.11.8 and have a fantastic bug that is so glaring I'm thinking it must have been reported already.

Steps:

1. Enter an existing project ensuring you're on the Main Mode page
2. Tap top left Main button to go to Mode Selection Menu
3. Tap New Project from bottom menu bar

Expected:

Show New Project Dialogue

Actual:

MPC shuts down and restarts
By jamos Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:05 am
simonb wrote:Expected:

Actual:

Gah. Well, in that case, I won't be updating. Thank you.
By Lampdog Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:13 am
simonb wrote:
jamos wrote:I apologize for asking this, I have not been paying attention. I am on 2.11.7, did not upgrade until .7, because the earlier versions were so spotty. Is .8 an improvement? Any new bugs?

I've just upgraded my MPC One to 2.11.8 and have a fantastic bug that is so glaring I'm thinking it must have been reported already.

Steps:

1. Enter an existing project ensuring you're on the Main Mode page
2. Tap top left Main button to go to Mode Selection Menu
3. Tap New Project from bottom menu bar

Expected:

Actual:

I’ve done this many times before and that has never happened to me, that is crazy.
By 8ty8 Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:13 pm
Yeah I went back to 2.10 myself. The various 2.11 versions are an absolute joke of an update, even after performing: Update then reset prefs. Still unstable as hell. I have tried all of them up to and including 2.11.8, and big nope.

I am also on my second MPC X, as the first one I had was equally as unstable. Returned it for an exchange thinking it was a defective unit, but still kept having the same/similar OS 2.11 issues with my brand new replacement!

I recommend OS 2.10 until version 3.0 comes out, which hopefully brings some OS stability.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:49 pm
8ty8 wrote:I recommend OS 2.10 until version 3.0 comes out, which hopefully brings some OS stability.

Surely the opposite is going to be the case with a '3.0'? Assuming it has lots of new features etc, then that's just going to introduce a bunch of new bugs, on top of all the existing bugs. The MPC ecosystem is, IMO, currently not in any position to be looking at a major update/upgrade.
By 8ty8 Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:54 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
8ty8 wrote:I recommend OS 2.10 until version 3.0 comes out, which hopefully brings some OS stability.

Surely the opposite is going to be the case with a '3.0'? Assuming it has lots of new features etc, then that's just going to introduce a bunch of new bugs, on top of all the existing bugs. The MPC ecosystem is, IMO, currently not in any position to be looking at a major update/upgrade.

I don't know if you own any other InMusic products, but Denon had similar issues with the SC5000 Prime. They kept releasing new feature after new feature after new feature with each version, and just introducing more and more bugs at the same time, then they stopped releasing updates, and after a long pause released a full new OS version and it fixed ALL of the previous problems while still introducing some slightly new features.

They also very recently released Engine OS 3.0 as well as Engine DJ Desktop ver 3.0 (which is similar to MPC Desktop Software) and this introduces some new features as well, but keeps the stability of the previous fixes.

I see many overlaps between Akai and Denon, and hope that the MPC OS 3.0 follows the same path.

Until then, I will continue to use MPC OS 2.10