MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:27 pm
kb420ps wrote:Software Version 2.11.4.10 and Firmware version 2.11.4 are now available for download. I installed them on my computer and MPC X, and the Controller Mode Data Dial bug on the MPC X is STILL there. The problem has still not been fixed, and tech support still has not responded to the ticket I created back on June 25th.

Damn it we're moving today I just packed up my MPC back in the box last night! Did they put in an option to turn the annoying **** Pad Perform off this time??
By kb420ps Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:10 pm
I'm not sure. I plugged it in, updated it, and checked to see if the bug was fixed. Then I unplugged it again and put it away. I don't know what was fixed in the update. The release notes don't tell you anything.

By LivePsy Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:05 pm
enzyme wrote:Not really a bug per se, but I'm finding it annoying that the new shortcuts tab on the left of the screen covers up the first little bit of any waveform I'm editing. Its relatively simple to work around but annoying having to do it.

Absolutely crazy. I spend a lot of time trimming the attack of samples. The adding of features is starting to have a negative impact.
By brimi89 Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:35 pm
Djktf wrote:Yoooooo fwiw, just tried to reload the first beat I made using 2.11 and got a project with no MIDI tracks (programs/plugins or MIDI sequences) audio tracks saved (not even the names I gave em; all "unused") BUT all the samples I used and the recorded audio are loaded in the project. Happen to anyone else yet? Using MPC One, updated firmware via standalone USB, data saved on 32GB SD card... Haven't tried to replicate yet, still mourning the loss of this fiiiiire beat. Haven't loaded any 2.10 beats yet either... eek

Same here.. does anyone have a workaround? I saved my plug-ins to an external hard drive I wonder if that is the issue? I did see an option to save to the internal. Gonna continue to investigate. I lost 2 beats with plug-ins so far. i saw this on youtube about vocals gonna try this tonight.
By kangawookiee Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:54 pm
2.11.4 users anyone missing octave controls in Pad Perform? I reverted back to 2.10. Don't know if it was an actual bug or a bad flash.
By xonox Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:47 am
kangawookiee wrote:2.11.4 users anyone missing octave controls in Pad Perform? I reverted back to 2.10. Don't know if it was an actual bug or a bad flash.

Same problem here. You can still adjust octaves on the touch screen with the "- octave +" buttons at the bottom right of screen but this change is annoying since it doesn't adjust which octave is mapped to Bank buttons A/B/C/D.
By Monotremata Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:07 am
LOL sounds like the same nimrod that **** up Pad Perform to begin with is in charge of 'fixing' it too haha.
By lazerface66 Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:24 pm
kangawookiee wrote:2.11.4 users anyone missing octave controls in Pad Perform? I reverted back to 2.10. Don't know if it was an actual bug or a bad flash.

Yep, got that same issue. Tried flashing it again too, just in case it might have been a bad flash, but nope, somebody messed up pretty bad and removed the octave part from the scale.
By giacecco Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:15 pm
A major 2.11.3 and 2.11.4 bug, perhaps older. Samples loaded in an audio track simply are not saved with the project and disappear when reloading the project. Very simple to reproduce:

1) select an empty audio track
2) load a sample in it
3) save the project
4) re-load the project

... and the sample is no longer there :-/
By BostonGreen Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:28 pm
giacecco wrote:A major 2.11.3 and 2.11.4 bug, perhaps older. Samples loaded in an audio track simply are not saved with the project and disappear when reloading the project. Very simple to reproduce:

1) select an empty audio track
2) load a sample in it
3) save the project
4) re-load the project

... and the sample is no longer there :-/

I work frequently with audio tracks, my last project after bouncing was entirely audio tracks .... no issues here with anything lost after saving/reloading :hmmm:
By giacecco Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:49 pm
Re: my bug at viewtopic.php?f=48&t=213969&start=300#p1852623 and @BostonGreen's response above, I've found that the issue is the project file. A bug likely corrupted one of my project files. If I perform the steps I described above on a new project, I have no issues, but if I do the same on a project I started some time ago (2.11.3?), then the audio disappears.
By giacecco Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:04 pm
Sorry for the multiple posts but I've found the issue: renaming the audio track. If I use the audio tracks' default names, I do not have the issue and the samples in the audio tracks are saved. If I change their name, audio tracks are empty when re-loading.
By LivePsy Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:21 pm
giacecco wrote:Sorry for the multiple posts but I've found the issue: renaming the audio track. If I use the audio tracks' default names, I do not have the issue and the samples in the audio tracks are saved. If I change their name, audio tracks are empty when re-loading.

Good catch! I always rename before using any track because its so easy, and would have fallen into that trap.
By Selahl Tapes Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:05 am
Found a bug with Granulator, constant feedback loop when a automate the mix parameter, happens random when automation has been recorded. Sounds like the freeze button is on when it’s not. Weirdnessss. To fix it I must reload plug-in. Also I’ve had the missing audio tracks bug when reloading project. Also if your programs have long names I found they load on the track empty and you have to choose that program again even if you have recorded notes. This is happening only with sliced and convert programs I have noticed so far. MPC Keys 61 user