MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Calcaire Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:43 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:MPC Software only: filter 'type' in program edit is one step out of sync, after 'low 8'.

If you try to set an 'MPC' low pass filter type in the MPC Software GUI, it actually applies a HIGH 1 filter. Try to apply a HIGH 2 filter in the GUI and it actually applies a HIGH 4.

If you are using a controller to set parameters it's not an issue as the controller is still showing the correct filter types. This is purely a visual issue in the MPC Software.

This is a awful bug !!

Please Akai now that the key 61 is gonna get some success... Make a bugfix version really soon ...

So far
- drumsynth voice nr 6 always on kick, playing a "tom" sound
- pad perform need clearance
- pops and drops in keygroups sequenced playing

°°° I can't believe it .... I Stay on 2.10.1 with enormous qlinks and learns that are not saved and midi note off conflict... but I stay because of FEAR to workaround more bugs by updating ... Can't they really do better ?
By MuttBeats Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:54 pm
12 pages in… and 1) to everyone who has posted stuff so far, I feel your pain, and 2) no way is 2.10 coming off my MPC Live 2, I am not touching this bugfest until Akai get a good few more point release fixes down the road. Shame because the new functions look good. But not so good that I could put up with the problems people have posted about so far.
By Komatos Records Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:58 pm
My impressions also. Usually I'm updating my MPC X within a few days/week of a new release, but I think I'll hold off until these serious bugs/feature changes are addressed (maybe by 2.11.3, 2.11.4, 2.12?). Funny how Akai can think it's perfectly ok to push a $499 overpriced plugin pack when they are creating serious bugs that are breaking the base firmware features. If anything, I'd rather pay money for a 100% bug free firmware than plugins. Or an honest to goodness vocoder plugin. Now that I'd spend $50 or so on.
By KaoticShock Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:06 am
Komatos Records wrote:My impressions also. Usually I'm updating my MPC X within a few days/week of a new release, but I think I'll hold off until these serious bugs/feature changes are addressed (maybe by 2.11.3, 2.11.4, 2.12?). Funny how Akai can think it's perfectly ok to push a $499 overpriced plugin pack when they are creating serious bugs that are breaking the base firmware features. If anything, I'd rather pay money for a 100% bug free firmware than plugins. Or an honest to goodness vocoder plugin. Now that I'd spend $50 or so on.

Well, I think it has something to do with the QA department. InMusic currently has QA Tester and QA Software Test lead positions on their website that are 2 months old. The also have open positions for UI/UX designers. I reckon the QA Test lead and QA tester positions were supposed to be working on the new Firmware, and we got the results of not having employees but promising a specific release date. I would've waited months for the new firmware if they had fixed the bugs, but I think they just had to meet the deadline and released the firmware with bugs in it anyway. The one thing I've learned over the past 5 years about Akai is that there is a direct correlation between the amount of new features added and bugs that arise.

Honestly, its really "Funny how Akai can think it's perfectly ok to push" a keyboard for $1899 when the keyboard doesn't even compete sonically with the Roland Fantom-0, entry-level priced at $1599. Yes, they got $500 out of me for the standalone plugins because I knew what I was getting into, but I'm really surprised at how many people picked up this keyboard.

Either way, hopefully they pay these software developers, hire some more QA testers and leads, and get these bugs fixed.
By wavejockey Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:55 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:It sounds like pad perform could do with its own set of preferences under 'project defaults', that way we can tweak the default actions to suit individual requirements.

yes, good idea
By Wul Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:20 pm
Elcausito wrote:I've found another bug that I didn't see reported anywhere yet:

When you are receiving a MIDI-CLOCK signal, any attempt to load anything through the browser OR saving the project, will stop the playback.

This was confirmed by another user on Reddit.

Yea can confirm that. Mpc one 2.11.1
It may be related to a bug in 2.10 and maybe earlier, and is still there in 2.11.1 if you are recieving midi clock, you can’t record an audio track or a looper loop because in both cases the record arm turns off as soon as it receives a start signal.
Gonna report em both.
I’ve been told by akai to report everything here.

http://feedback.akaipro.com/feedback/cr ... alone/none

All my other tickets started via my account have been stopped .
By Lampdog Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:49 pm
By DET1200 Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:14 pm
MPC One 2.11.2
Just had a boot hang/loop. Stuck on MPC boot screen for about 5 mins. Held power button until it switched off, released and it does the same. Did this 3 times. On the 4th I held power button, screen went blank, I unplugged power cord. Checked my USB hub, removed Lan cable. Worked fine on next attempt.
Never had that before.
By Lampdog Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:18 pm
There may be a few “Never had that before’s”.
Unfortunately.

Just like a few updates ago when bug were bad, Akai will end up fixing some shit cause the people have spoken (read: Yelled ‘bout this bullshit update). They’ll never fix all.

I had a feeling things would get broken because of too much new stuff in this ambitious update, but, damn.
By DET1200 Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:13 am
Lampdog wrote:There may be a few “Never had that before’s”.
Unfortunately.

Just like a few updates ago when bug were bad, Akai will end up fixing some shit cause the people have spoken (read: Yelled ‘bout this bullshit update). They’ll never fix all.

I had a feeling things would get broken because of too much new stuff in this ambitious update, but, damn.

The last straw for me. I've had more crap in the past week with 2.11 than I have in the past 18 months. No joke.
Hesitant to roll back after that boot loop, but now back on 2.10.1. What a difference! The feel, the sound. It even plays nice with 2.11 Software. Controller mode seems stable and responsive. No latency problems though I encountered the midi input ports not being recognised, a quick exit and back and it works. I can live with that.
Even the beats I made on 2.11 work. 8)
By Lampdog Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:16 am
MPC KEY61, 2.11.2
LINE IN only lets audio thru when I’m sitting on the AUDIO TRACKS screen.

MPC X, 2.11.2
LINE IN lets audio play thru no matter what mode/screen I’m on.

Prior to trying I mirrored all KEY61 input settings and preferences to what MPC X shows.
KEY61 only lets LINE IN audio be heard while your on the AUDIO TRACKS screen.
Anyone else having this exact problem on KEY61?

Am i missing something obvious because I think I should know it already?

By Certified Beatz Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:15 am
They need to just hold off on any new features .. just monthly bug fixes.. I don't want another f!@#k plugin! I have not been this mad when I jumped ship from akai to only complain and get banned from NI website for the same reasons akai is doing now more shiny hardware and nor fixing the bugs .. screw the software I gave up using to only mirror the same bugs I see on my X..
By twntyfive2life Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:17 pm
Lampdog wrote:MPC KEY61, 2.11.2
LINE IN only lets audio thru when I’m sitting on the AUDIO TRACKS screen.

MPC X, 2.11.2
LINE IN lets audio play thru no matter what mode/screen I’m on.

Prior to trying I mirrored all KEY61 input settings and preferences to what MPC X shows.
KEY61 only lets LINE IN audio be heard while your on the AUDIO TRACKS screen.
Anyone else having this exact problem on KEY61?

Am i missing something obvious because I think I should know it already?

Is the monitor set to auto in the channel strip panel (the one that opens when you hit the eye)?
By Lampdog Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:47 pm
twntyfive2life wrote:Is the monitor set to auto in the channel strip panel (the one that opens when you hit the eye)?

……and now today it’s working as you just suggested. Only with monitor IN will it let audio thru. I had it setup like this yesterday, I didn’t change anything. Powered on and now it works when IN is lit up even when I change to MIDI tracks and other screens…

That’s foreign to me since X let audio pass without restrictions. Gotta get used to this change, just like many others. Should be the same in both.