MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Masi Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:34 pm
Ekl1p5e wrote:I look at people using it professionally and I have to wonder what their workflow is like to have so much trust in this. Ive lost and corrupted plenty of projects not even doing anything advanced

I own the MPC One not so long to have lost stuff. But it crashed out of blue air without me doing anything. I was busy knob fiddling on a hardware synth.

Makes me wonder if it can be trusted to be taken on a live gig.

Masi
By Kwontize Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:26 pm
In my humble opinion…. No. MIDI mapping needs to be fixed and reliable first.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:25 am
Had fun with midi mapping the other night. Took far longer than it should have as pads kept reassigning themselves.

No idea if this has already been reported.
When note repeat is on on a drum program midi input will trigger the pads
Despite the keyboard being setup to control individual synths and midi input on the drum program being set to none.

It was still triggering a synth with repeated drums being played over the top
By giacecco Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:39 am
Short description: MIDI "Note off" stops the same note playing on any channel

Found on MPC X 2.11.6

To reproduce:
- connect two keyboards to the MPC, and configure them to play different tracks on different MIDI input channels, e.g. 1 and 6. Set the tracks to "merge" or "in".
- play a drone C3 note on the first keyboard
- press down C3 on the second keyboard and do not release, the first plugin keeps playing the drone correctly, but...
- release C3 on the second keyboard, and both tracks stop playing

This happens whether the tracks are plugins or used to control external gear.

I've submitted the bug to AKAI support today. It's amazing how many issues - and trivial ones like this - I can find without even being a professional musician.
By thesaltmine Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:35 pm
I don't think it started right with 2.11, maybe 2.11.3, but some operations take way too long now on my MPC Live. First of all, the boot time is like 5x longer than it used to be (from ~40 seconds to 3 minutes). And starting a new empty project throws up an hourglass that takes a full 2 minutes to clear. I'm running 2.11.6 now, but it started earlier.
By Calcaire Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:49 pm
thesaltmine wrote:I don't think it started right with 2.11, maybe 2.11.3, but some operations take way too long now on my MPC Live. First of all, the boot time is like 5x longer than it used to be (from ~40 seconds to 3 minutes). And starting a new empty project throws up an hourglass that takes a full 2 minutes to clear. I'm running 2.11.6 now, but it started earlier.

Erase the content of MPC DOCUMENTS / MIDI LEARNS folder from you browser, standalone. 2.11 is creating lot of dummy midi learn files that could cause the problems.

giacecco wrote:Short description: MIDI "Note off" stops the same note playing on any channel

Found on MPC X 2.11.6

To reproduce:
- connect two keyboards to the MPC, and configure them to play different tracks on different MIDI input channels, e.g. 1 and 6. Set the tracks to "merge" or "in".
- play a drone C3 note on the first keyboard
- press down C3 on the second keyboard and do not release, the first plugin keeps playing the drone correctly, but...
- release C3 on the second keyboard, and both tracks stop playing

This happens whether the tracks are plugins or used to control external gear.
Very documented bug also on older firmwares, never fixed, just changing a bit in every update. Can't wait Akai to fix it :( Workaround is to transpose all of your programs in the project, in order not to "have to" play the same note on two different controlles:/chanels / ports
By thesaltmine Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:00 pm
Calcaire wrote:Erase the content of MPC DOCUMENTS / MIDI LEARNS folder from you browser, standalone. 2.11 is creating lot of dummy midi learn files that could cause the problems.

Thanks! that did help
By Rocky Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:50 pm
Newish MPC One owner on 2.11.6 experiencing persistent issue with MIDI note-ons and note-offs being missed/ignored..
I am now having to record MIDI externally and import as sequences, but I’m unhappy having to spend time away from creating music to do these workarounds..

Anyone know which was the last firmware version to have reliable MIDI recognition and recording? I’m considering downgrading.
By Synthetica Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:08 pm
Live II, OS 2.11.6

Enable OPs-4 on a track, enable Arp , play some notes over Midi. Lots of Pops and clicks in the sound
By Synthetica Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:10 pm
And another one , OS 2.11.6, Live II

Have a Midi Track on MPC set to Midi Port A and a specific channel (Channel 1 for example, the default is ALL)

Have a controller sending Midi in on Midi Channel 8 and Midi Port A and out to another synth on Channel 6

Because the track is set to a specific channel in I would expect no midi to be sent to the Midi out port but it still is sent (BAD)

Midi monitor clearly shows midi received on channel 8 and sent on channel 6 even though the track is set only to receive midi on channel 1.
By Ultros Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:24 pm
Synthetica wrote:And another one , OS 2.11.6, Live II.

Metric? Mr. Shaw? (if not this will seem like the weirdest reply lol.. just that name..)
By Synthetica Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:27 pm
Ultros wrote:
Synthetica wrote:And another one , OS 2.11.6, Live II.

Metric? Mr. Shaw? (if not this will seem like the weirdest reply lol.. just that name..)

Weird to me, huh ???
By Ultros Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:33 pm
Synthetica wrote:Weird to me, huh ???

Just your name is the title of a popular album / song from a canadian group "metric". Wouldnt really be surprised to find out they rock an mpc... figured id ask cus i'm nosey!!! merry christmas.
By Synthetica Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:19 am
Ultros wrote:
Synthetica wrote:Weird to me, huh ???

Just your name is the title of a popular album / song from a canadian group "metric". Wouldnt really be surprised to find out they rock an mpc... figured id ask cus i'm nosey!!! merry christmas.

Ah Ok, didn't know, just something I picked many years ago (at least 20, lost count), when I started with Synths and listened to Metallica :)

I will have to look it up now, curiosity , Merry Christmas to you too !!!