MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:42 pm
Oooooo Ok...I've been using Pad Parameters lately
By Monotremata Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:45 pm
Ahh makes sense. I use Pad Parameters every time now too so I can mess with it later if I need to. Plus I got tired of the project folder being a mess with all the chopped samples in it.
By kb420ps Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:07 pm
I've come across a bug in Controller Mode.
I'm using a MPC X on a Windows 11 computer.
Firmware and Software Version 2.11.2

In Controller Mode when trying to switch sequences or tracks, the Data Dial on the MPC X will only work in increments of 2. In other words, if you are on Sequence 1, and attempt to switch to Sequence 2, you can't do it. The Data Dial will only allow you to got to Sequence 3, 5, etc. It does the same thing when trying to switch tracks. If you use the "-" or "+" buttons, you can still switch sequences/tracks in increments of 1, but the Data Dial will only work in increments of 2. Like I said earlier, this only happens in Controller Mode.

Standalone works like it is supposed to.
Have any of you run in to this bug?

Here is a short video demonstrating the bug.
By kiddles Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:57 am
So the pad mode thing mentioned previously, where it keeps reverting to notes instead of off, has definitely followed me back to 2.10 weirdly. I'm sure this isn't how it worked before, or am I tripping? haha..

Even if I turn it off, then if I change sample, it reverts back to notes mode. So odd...
By Kestudidbo Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 am
Bradley Smith wrote:Soloing an external midi track just mutes everything, including the midi track.
EDIT: No, I get it. By soling the midi on that track, I'm simultaneously muting the audio of that track. Seems dumb but I can picture the routing in my head and it makes sense. So, to solo this track I basically have to mute all the others?

Have You tried to just solo this audio track maybe ? Is it muting the midi track so same result ?
By Bradley Smith Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:44 am
Kestudidbo wrote:
Bradley Smith wrote:Soloing an external midi track just mutes everything, including the midi track.
EDIT: No, I get it. By soling the midi on that track, I'm simultaneously muting the audio of that track. Seems dumb but I can picture the routing in my head and it makes sense. So, to solo this track I basically have to mute all the others?

Have You tried to just solo this audio track maybe ? Is it muting the midi track so same result ?

Yeah that's the issue. The whole way you toggle the midi and audio tabs is a bit weird if I'm honest. It's like at a core level say a track is either midi (internal instruments, samples, external synth whatever) or it's audio e.g. from an external audio source. But, when you set up a new external synth you can set up all the midi params correctly but then if you hit a key on your keyboard you'll hear nothing... until you at least toggle into the audio page temporarily, then you go back to the midi tab (you have to do this) and hit a key and you get audio. So the two are intrinsically linked. However, if you solo the midi then the audio output coming from the synth is muted, and if you solo the audio then the midi input is muted so any notes you play live, or a recorded midi sequence (I need to double check this part) are ignored so no audio is generated anyway.
By Monotremata Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 pm
kiddles wrote:So the pad mode thing mentioned previously, where it keeps reverting to notes instead of off, has definitely followed me back to 2.10 weirdly. I'm sure this isn't how it worked before, or am I tripping? haha..

Even if I turn it off, then if I change sample, it reverts back to notes mode. So odd...

I've noticed that too. Creating a new keygroup turns Pad Perform on, but at least in 2.10 you can go in and turn it off again.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:45 pm
Yes, pad perform is now always 'on' for any melodic program, with a default of chromatic, this is not a bug. I'm not sure about the decision for chromatic instead of 'custom' as the default, although at least it starts you off on a more sensible octave on pad bank A. My assumption is that this seems to be catering for people who were struggling with the idea that a melodic program always started on C-2 on pad A01, i.e. unusable notes.

'Custom' at least retains any custom pad colors you might have pre-configured. Remember pad perform settings are saved in your project, so once configured for that project they will remain at your preferred setting. Set a project template with your preferred options as well.
By Jawbrizza Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:12 pm
kb420ps wrote:I've come across a bug in Controller Mode.
I'm using a MPC X on a Windows 11 computer.
Firmware and Software Version 2.11.2

In Controller Mode when trying to switch sequences or tracks, the Data Dial on the MPC X will only work in increments of 2. In other words, if you are on Sequence 1, and attempt to switch to Sequence 2, you can't do it. The Data Dial will only allow you to got to Sequence 3, 5, etc. It does the same thing when trying to switch tracks. If you use the "-" or "+" buttons, you can still switch sequences/tracks in increments of 1, but the Data Dial will only work in increments of 2. Like I said earlier, this only happens in Controller Mode.

Standalone works like it is supposed to.
Have any of you run in to this bug?

Here is a short video demonstrating the bug.

yo me too! Windows 10. Keeps happening, can only change to odd numbers. Odd sequences. 1,3,5 and so on. Also can’t set bars to anything except 1,3,5…. Ridiculous bug I’ve plugged in for the first time in a while and hit it multiple times I’ve tried so far. How on earth did they manage to release this :hmmm: q links have the same issue setting bars
By kb420ps Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:50 pm
Jawbrizza wrote:yo me too! Windows 10. Keeps happening, can only change to odd numbers. Odd sequences. 1,3,5 and so on. Also can’t set bars to anything except 1,3,5…. Ridiculous bug I’ve plugged in for the first time in a while and hit it multiple times I’ve tried so far. How on earth did they manage to release this :hmmm: q links have the same issue setting bars

I don't understand how they missed this. It's almost as if they don't even beta test the new versions in Controller Mode. It's such a basic function.
By 40Beatz Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:52 pm
We're the Beta Testers
By KaoticShock Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:59 pm
Anyone come across a bug in the Drum synth? When using the Multi, channel 6 doesn't correlate correctly to the selected instrument. The Instrument still shows Kick, even though I change it.