MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jonbon Fri May 12, 2023 7:28 am
I am experiencing pops while useing the Behringer UMC1820.
Very evident when using a reverb pedal, and having the input realtime monitored during play.

I upgraded from a UMC404 that had no issues, so i am not sure what version might have introduced it, but its been like that since .7 atleast.
By Avasopht Fri May 12, 2023 11:30 pm
Sometimes when loading multiple patches that use the same sample (or maybe just the same filename), the MPC doesn't like loading them.

Not sure if anyone had this issue.
By Lampdog Sat May 13, 2023 1:39 am
2.11.9 crashes alot.

Reverted both X and Keys61 back to 2.11.8, made beats for an hour, no crashes, solid!
By Blups Sat May 13, 2023 1:40 pm
jonbon wrote:I am experiencing pops while useing the Behringer UMC1820.
Very evident when using a reverb pedal, and having the input realtime monitored during play.

I upgraded from a UMC404 that had no issues, so i am not sure what version might have introduced it, but its been like that since .7 atleast.

I have experienced pops with 1820 too, with firmware 2.11.8 so I have downgraded to 2.11.4 and pops are gone.
By Avasopht Sat May 13, 2023 1:51 pm
Muting/soloing bug:

Sometimes the MPC will get confused when you mute or solo an audio track, and also mute/solo a MIDI track (and vice versa).

It's an intermittent bug, and while it often does not go away, it did in my most recent project after fiddling around and doing random stuff and muting/soloing random tracks (which usually doesn't resolve it).
By jamos Sun May 14, 2023 3:38 am
Yeah. The solo/mute nonsense has hit me many times, most recently today. I solo'd a track, changed sequence, unsolo'd the track, and suddenly a program was muted.
By Howretings Mon May 15, 2023 11:01 am
Have an issue with MPC One controller mode an M1 Mac.

It works fine when I have MPC 2 standalone software open but if I use it as a plug-in in Ableton my screen on the MPC freezes. It’s generally fine but if move from any mode to the main screen, the main screen doesn’t load. Only the volume shows. Happens intermittently but happens more often than not making controller mode in ableton unusable for me.

Anyone else with this issue?
By Lancerben Mon May 15, 2023 8:09 pm
New update available as of today... Hopefully they fixed the unstable 2.11.9
New one is 2.11.10
By mairc Tue May 16, 2023 7:04 am
Routing MIDI IN to MIDI OUT ports ("MIDI THRU") on MPC LIVE II

In versions 2.11.9 and 2.11.10 incoming MIDI (e.g. port MPC 1) is no longer forwarded to MIDI OUT (e.g. port MPC A).

Can be reproduced and watched in the Midi Monitor: Put a Midi Program on a track, set input to "MPC 1", output to "MPC A" and set mode to "merge". After booting only the first two, three or four incoming note-ons are forwarded to the out port, then no more.

This has been working perfectly up to version 2.11.8!
By EnduserJuan Tue May 16, 2023 10:26 pm
I just updated my MPC One to version 2.11.9 and also purchased the new Air Delay Pro plugin. I'm having serious issues with not being able to load the Delay plugin as I can't seem to log out/log in to my account on the MPC or enter a new serial number.

I have hit the refresh tab, that seems to do nothing and the log out tab and enter serial number tabs are just greyed out.

I did a factory reset in the preferences menu. Turned the unit off and on but still no luck.

Also when I turn my MPC One on I keep getting the message 'new plugins instruments are available for your MPC, to use them you must first download and install their content files'

I clear this message and goto new project and preferences and then the whole cycle starts again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
By wavejockey Thu May 18, 2023 8:30 am
Fletchnyc wrote:The Expert Sleepers ES-9 audio interface suffers from distorted audio when in use on a project. It’s not constant, it comes in waves. Everything will be fine, and then suddenly the music is distorted.

2.11.4 was the last stable release with this audio interface
By Nutrisse Thu May 18, 2023 7:54 pm
I think I found a bug on the latest 2.11.10 - can someone else confirm?

1) Load two different keygroups
2) Assign first keygroup to track one
3) Assign second keygroup to track two
4) Transpose track two to whatever value from main screen
5) Have track one send all note data to track two, this way both tracks are layered

Issue:

The MPC is ignoring all track transpose values when using a track to control the track with the transpose applied. Also, if you try and apply pad perform values as a workaround, the MPC ignores this value as well if using the same keygroup on two tracks. As is, if I want to layer a keygroup with a higher/lower octave, I'm forced to load it twice, one with a different name.
By Nutrisse Thu May 18, 2023 7:56 pm
mairc wrote:Routing MIDI IN to MIDI OUT ports ("MIDI THRU") on MPC LIVE II

In versions 2.11.9 and 2.11.10 incoming MIDI (e.g. port MPC 1) is no longer forwarded to MIDI OUT (e.g. port MPC A).

Can be reproduced and watched in the Midi Monitor: Put a Midi Program on a track, set input to "MPC 1", output to "MPC A" and set mode to "merge". After booting only the first two, three or four incoming note-ons are forwarded to the out port, then no more.

This has been working perfectly up to version 2.11.8!

I am also noticing this bug. HUGE PROBLEM, AKAI.
By Kwerky Sun May 21, 2023 12:52 am
MPC 2.11.10 Firmware Update
https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/air/MPC%202.11.10%20Firmware%20Update.pdf
MPC 2.11.10 Firmware Update
Firmware
This release is for MPC X Special Edition, MPC Key 61, MPC One, MPC Live Mk2, MPC X
and MPC Live hardware.

Downloading the Update
To download the 2.11.10 Firmware Update, connect to the Internet with your MPC, go to
Preferences > Info, press the Update F-key and select Online Update.

Stability and reliability

MIDI Tracks
• MIDI notes on MIDI Channel 16 are now recorded correctly

The following issues have been confirmed by Akai Professional to be present in this and
previous versions of MPC firmware. We are actively working on a resolution to these issues.
• In some cases, MIDI note-off messages can be sent to the wrong MIDI channel when
received from multiple sources simultaneously.
By Avasopht Sun May 21, 2023 1:11 pm
I think we just have to accept that MPCs will be buggy from now on as stability is clearly not a priority or a strongly held value.

It's still a great device to use.