MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By philipformby Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:31 pm
Bounce to sample is locking up the system .only works periodically. Tried clearing out the unused samples in cache and still not working
By philipformby Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:34 pm
enzyme wrote:Bug 2.11.5

Every time I try to bounce a track to sample the machine hangs at the end of the process and I have to cancel it. Worked fine before…

You are not alone its a bug for sure.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:37 pm
philipformby wrote:Bounce to sample is locking up the system .only works periodically. Tried clearing out the unused samples in cache and still not working

Is this standalone or mpc software? The past few days I've regularly been using 'bounce to sample' in the MPC Software 2.11.5 and it's working 100%.
By enzyme Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:34 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
philipformby wrote:Bounce to sample is locking up the system .only works periodically. Tried clearing out the unused samples in cache and still not working

Is this standalone or mpc software? The past few days I've regularly been using 'bounce to sample' in the MPC Software 2.11.5 and it's working 100%.

It worked for me too at first, but started misbehaving. I think the problem happens if there is already a bounce of that track, it has trouble making the -1 -2 -3 etc, copies. I rolled back to 2.11.4 and that also has a similar issue where the multiple copies are named completely incorrectly (instead of the -1 -2 -3 multiples it uses the tracks starting from the first, eg. Should be ‘Bounce- Track 7-1’ but is named ‘Track 1’), BUT it doesn’t freeze up. EDIT: using standalone in both cases.
By lm.ipstudio Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:44 pm
flucto wrote:
Bradley Smith wrote:Best get this down again in the bugs thread then:

Requirements:
MPC
Standalone Midi Controller set to output on midi channel 1

Steps to reproduce:
1. New project
2. Track1 - Tubesynth-Rich swell, midi in channel 1, midi out none, Merge mode
3. Track 2, add plugin program, choose Atomic pluck, midi input none, midi output none, merge mode
4. Make track 2 active
5. Trigger a note with external midi controller and keep held down
6. Hit same note on MPC pad

Expected result: Both sounds can be heard
Actual result: Hitting pad on MPC produces no sound

Second test:
1. Hold pad on MPC
2. Play same note on external controller

Expected result: Both sounds can be heard
Actual result: Hitting key on external controller has no effect and produces no sound

This is the report I'll send to Akai

EDIT: Ticket raised.

This happens even if the track played by the controller is muted.
Also, the plugins have nothing to do with it. I have a sample tracks and a midi tracks for my synths (the synths can be played by the MPC an also can record midi into the MPC). If I play a synth from it's keyboard, I cannot play the same note with the MPC PADS, no matter which track is in focus, even if it's soloed.
It seems like the pads are interfered with by all incoming midi note signals. Needless to say, it renders the pads all but useless in a live situation where you want to play the pads and a synth at the same time.

Hi, is the issue solve since this report ?

I use thes PADs to trigger chords on an external piano and another midi input to play the lead melody.
The notes in the chords can't be played in the mélody :-(
By akaimpclive2 Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:17 am

+1
By akaimpclive2 Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:32 pm
When I try to convert any program to a sample using the "bounce to sample" function mpc crashes. The progress bar is not moving, nothing is happening. There is still an option to "cancel" while doing this, so you can go back to the program, but the "bounce to sample" function does not work.
By enzyme Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:37 pm
2.11.6 Standalone. Track menu, 'Bounce to sample' still stalling at the point of saving in an affected project. From a new project it works though, BUT...

Bounced samples names are being appended incorrectly. Example: If I bounce Track 1, three times, I get 'Track-01', 'Track-02', 'Track-03' listed in RAM. If I do this ten times on various tracks, the 10th is named 'Track-010', then if I actually bounce track 10, the resulting name is 'Track-10' (without the zero in front of the 10).

It definitely didn't used to do this, with Track 1 bounced 3 times, I used to get 'Track 1-01', 'Track 1-02', 'Track 1-03', etc. Also, its weird that its only stalling in certain projects, maybe I started that project on the version before the issue started happening. I have a feeling it stalls when there is already a sample with the same filename as it is trying to write (which is likely to be the case with projects that contain bounces made before the issue started)

Easy workaround is to just rename each sample as its bounced, from the project overview, in fact this is probably good practice anyway, I'm just lazy! But still, when freeing up CPU by bouncing, it could get messy quickly. I'll try and get a vid of it soon but my workspace is really unsuitable for cameras at the moment.
By enzyme Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:56 pm
2.11.6 Standalone. After starting up the MPC One, the plugins aren't immediately detected and I get that popup about 'New Plugins Available', as if the SD card wasn't inserted. After a few times, I've now set that to be hidden, but the plugins still take a little while to show up in preferences, only similar to reading any expansions, but it didn't used to do this. I've never had to hide the popup before, and my account info in the preferences used to show up immediately.
By Tony82 Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:20 pm
enzyme wrote:2.11.6 Standalone. After starting up the MPC One, the plugins aren't immediately detected and I get that popup about 'New Plugins Available', as if the SD card wasn't inserted. After a few times, I've now set that to be hidden, but the plugins still take a little while to show up in preferences, only similar to reading any expansions, but it didn't used to do this. I've never had to hide the popup before, and my account info in the preferences used to show up immediately.

I am dealing with same issue, only with 2.11.5. Was about to try the .6 version and see what happens
By NearTao Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:28 pm
The MPC seems to like to remind you to install things, even when they are already installed. I've just been telling it to stop reminding me and go on my merry day :D