MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Wul Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:53 am
I’ve previously posted about a midi controller bug in 2.11. Regarding strange keys triggering different functions of the Mpc one, when an external keyboard is connected via midi and the control field is highlighted.
I have now seen why this is happening. I have been monitoring the Mpc.settings file, in that file there is two lines which are not usually there,
Reason I say that is that on kikgens GitHub he suggests adding these two lines so as to enable global controller mapping for standalone.
I.e.

<VALUE name="MidiLearnEnabled" val="1"/>
<VALUE name="MidiLearnPreviousMapping" val="(your xmm full path file name)"/>

Now these two lines are present in 2.11 , sometimes first line is set to 0 , sometimes it 1 and the path to the .xmm file is a random preset controller, different everytime . Even if I change the value of the first line and add a different path, it gets overwritten every time.
The result is the random results I describe, and only when a midi keyboard/controller is attached.
Now the cynic in me wonders if this is intentional.
A bit like what apple do when they bring out a new model.
By Wul Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:27 pm
Can someone please confirm this bug
Set the program to midi
Go into program edit, these program edit pages are now permanently in edit mode, the edit button is missing, and if you try to rename the controller, the screen goes very very dark and non responsive.
You can get out of it by going to main etc.
I’m on Mpc one 2.11.3 albeit Hakai

Edit forget it , it’s not a bug with stock firmware. it’s part of Hakai but it’s not working right, need to be able to turn edit off , and edit needs to work, what would be great though would be a choice of slider , knob or switch.
Saying that because the stock firmware sliders have become knobs in Hakai……nice one.
By osquare Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:30 am
Minor bug for the MPC Key: When you hold a key on the keyboard while saving a project, the note keeps playing even after releasing the key. Easily solved by pressing the same key again or starting the sequencer.
By mikem Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:05 pm
hyena wrote:
Wul wrote:If it was 2.11 on the computer it’s possible that that folder is the same as the standalone, I.e corrupt.
Mine came from a 2.10 version.
Someone has uploaded them to Google drive, supposedly with custom skins, they all look the same to me though.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/mobi ... irection=a

Hope the uploader don’t mind me posting this

thanks a lot mate!!! trying it now.
wow, thanks!!! it worked! of course it couldn't work from my updated 2.11 files on the computer, how stupid! thanks, very glad to see the drumsynth multi back in shape :) also its reassuring to know that wether new bugs are created on plugins, we can always load the old ones on the sd\ssd and overwrite the internally installed ones!

I downloaded the DrumSynth files from the Google drive and put them on the SD card in the same folders as the other synth content, but didn't work here, #6 is still not working. Do I need to download all of them?
By scd Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:12 pm
Bradley Smith wrote:Best get this down again in the bugs thread then:

Requirements:
MPC
Standalone Midi Controller set to output on midi channel 1

Steps to reproduce:
1. New project
2. Track1 - Tubesynth-Rich swell, midi in channel 1, midi out none, Merge mode
3. Track 2, add plugin program, choose Atomic pluck, midi input none, midi output none, merge mode
4. Make track 2 active
5. Trigger a note with external midi controller and keep held down
6. Hit same note on MPC pad

Expected result: Both sounds can be heard
Actual result: Hitting pad on MPC produces no sound

Second test:
1. Hold pad on MPC
2. Play same note on external controller

Actual result: Hitting key on external controller has no effect and produces no sound

This is the report I'll send to Akai

EDIT: Ticket raised.

This is funny. I just created a ticket at Akaipro.com for the same bug. I ran into this, having two midi controllers connected to the MPC to control two different tracks.

The bug is simply this: two or more MIDI notes with the same note number can not be processed at the same time by the MPC. In other words, when a MIDI Note On message with Note Number XX arrives at one of the MIDI IN ports of the MPC (or is generated by one of the MPC pads, as your report learns) , all other MIDI notes with Note Number XX entering the MPC will be killed by the MPC. Only when the Note Off message from the first Note On arrives at the MPC, a next MIDI note with the same note number will be processed by the MPC.
That's quite a serious bug. Because it makes the MPC sort of "monophonic" for incoming midi notes with the same note number.
Let's hope they will fix this asap.
By v00d00ppl Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:34 am
Just reported the unwanted pad trigger as AU plugin to Akai

I found a bug with MPC 2.11.3 using the studio mk2. The issue is when I load it up in Ableton as an AU plugin for Mac I get unwanted pad presses.

To replicate
1. Start a blank live session and insert an MPC AU session on the midi track.
2. Arm the track.
3. Load one of the producer house kits. I think there is a bass house kit Deeper built in. At the end of the day it works on all of them.

Here's what I see when trying to play the MPC in Ableton
Pad 1 also triggers Pad 2
Pad 2 only triggers Pad 2
Pad 3 also triggers Pad 7
Pad 4 only triggers Pad 4
Pad 5 only triggers Pad 5
Pad 6 also triggers Pad 3
Pad 7 also triggers Pad 11
Pad 8 only triggers Pad 8
Pad 9 also triggers Pad 13
Pad 10 also triggers Pad 12
Pad 11 also triggers Pad 10
Pad 12 also triggers Pad 8
Pad 13 also triggers Pad 14
Pad 14 only triggers Pad 14
Pad 15 also triggers Pad 16
Pad 16 only triggers Pad 16
By Adrien S Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:12 pm
Each existing project that I open re-load the Akai & Air instruments plugins to default.

So am I the only one with that issue?
2.11.3 did not solve the problem.

In the meantime and just in case you don't know you can still download 2.10 on the official product page for the MPC Live here: here
By Wul Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:50 pm
scd wrote:
Bradley Smith wrote:Best get this down again in the bugs thread then:

Requirements:
MPC
Standalone Midi Controller set to output on midi channel 1

Steps to reproduce:
1. New project
2. Track1 - Tubesynth-Rich swell, midi in channel 1, midi out none, Merge mode
3. Track 2, add plugin program, choose Atomic pluck, midi input none, midi output none, merge mode
4. Make track 2 active
5. Trigger a note with external midi controller and keep held down
6. Hit same note on MPC pad

Actual result: Hitting pad on MPC produces no sound

Second test:
1. Hold pad on MPC
2. Play same note on external controller

Actual result: Hitting key on external controller has no effect and produces no sound

This is the report I'll send to Akai

EDIT: Ticket raised.

This is funny. I just created a ticket at Akaipro.com for the same bug. I ran into this, having two midi controllers connected to the MPC to control two different tracks.

The bug is simply this: two or more MIDI notes with the same note number can not be processed at the same time by the MPC. In other words, when a MIDI Note On message with Note Number XX arrives at one of the MIDI IN ports of the MPC (or is generated by one of the MPC pads, as your report learns) , all other MIDI notes with Note Number XX entering the MPC will be killed by the MPC. Only when the Note Off message from the first Note On arrives at the MPC, a next MIDI note with the same note number will be processed by the MPC.
That's quite a serious bug. Because it makes the MPC sort of "monophonic" for incoming midi notes with the same note number.
Let's hope they will fix this asap.

I can confirm this too. There was a similar bug on 2.10 where a midi note off played on say channel 2 stopped the same note if it was playing on say channel 1.
What a bunch of fckn clowns they are.
By kb420ps Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:22 am
Wul wrote:I can confirm this too. There was a similar bug on 2.10 where a midi note off played on say channel 2 stopped the same note if it was playing on say channel 1.
What a bunch of fckn clowns they are.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same way. I sent them a ticket a month ago, and still haven't received a response. How the hell did they drop a new keyboard, and a new OS that just breaks the software?
By dmitchell Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:44 pm
Having the same issue mentioned with the jog wheel skipping over even numbers.
Happens on tracks, sequences, everything. It just skips. Have to use the + - buttons to access even numbers or to go through a list without skipping.
Has anyone seen anything remedy this? This is happening on the X in controller mode only.
I have seen other issues with programs too. Just so frustrated by the skipping problem I havent focused on them yet. Want the skipping piece fixed first....
By kb420ps Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:48 pm
dmitchell wrote:Having the same issue mentioned with the jog wheel skipping over even numbers.
Happens on tracks, sequences, everything. It just skips. Have to use the + - buttons to access even numbers or to go through a list without skipping.
Has anyone seen anything remedy this? This is happening on the X in controller mode only.
I have seen other issues with programs too. Just so frustrated by the skipping problem I havent focused on them yet. Want the skipping piece fixed first....

I submitted a ticket back in June. Still no answer from tech support.
By Enfasy Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:24 pm
Hi, has anyone out there had the Q-link bug triggering when plugged into controller mode? (mpc liveII) It's annoying because it locks the screen and doesn't let you continue. it is absurd to think that assistance is requested for an "expensive" object and is ignored! From your own complaint ... Anyone who knows "AKAI" already knows that over the years it has always acted like this. Disappointing! AKAI SUPPORT ANSWER AND ADJUST MPCS WITH ULTIMATE FIRMWARE! Or is it vacation time on a mega yackt?
By semar Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:44 am
Hello, just wanted to report a small quirk happened to a brand new MPC Key 61 with a fresh update to Version 2.11.3

- in the preference page, by the WLAN tab:
-- WLAN switch switched to ON.
-- a WLAN will discovered and (providing the right password) connected. So far so good.
-- select another tab-item and then the WLAN tab again
-- the previously found WLAN icon disappears. Instead appears a rotating "connecting" animation which rotates endless.

--Workaround: set the WLAN switch to OFF and then again to ON. The WLAN icon appears again after a while.

I hope you can understand my description - sorry for my english. If more detailed screenshot are needed, drop me a line :-)
By Mega B Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:55 pm
Duplicate and Duplicate to Track is broken when using plugin instruments.
check it out