MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Wul Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:43 am
What I thought was a new bug in 2.11 I.e. first three sliders in the step sequencer will not reach maximum when sliding with finger.
But it now looks like it might have been present in 2.10.1 or is actually a hardware problem.
Can anybody confirm that they have noticed the problem , thanks
By hyena Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:24 pm
Wul wrote:
fmq75 wrote:Just to summarize the drumsynth multi bug.

MPC hardware 2.11.2
new empty project,one drmsynth multi loaded

Channel 6 is always the tom sound and it‘s not possible to change it to any other instrument.the instrument selction menu is now just a“mix“ window with a long list of % numbers

if you open a set where you changed the tom to something different: it will shows the name and graphics (i.e“kick“) but sound and edit functions is still the tom.

Easy to reproduce,I did sent this to akai as well.

There’s a workaround for this, if you place the drumsynth content/ preset folders in the sdcard/synth folder the system picks these up instead of the bugged internal files.
You can also custom skin the drum synth with these files , and mess with the parameters and ranges too.
As it’s on the sd card you can’t break anything .

ok but where do you get the files from, if not from the internal bugged files? is there a repository for drum synth content?
By Wul Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:43 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Perhaps the copies on your computer, from the mpc software installation. I haven’t tried these to see if they fix the issue, but they’ll definitely override the internal presets.

If the issue is drumsynth 6 in the multi, then Yes they do fix the issue , all you need to do is copy the tom folder from the synth folder on you puter to the synths folder on your sd card, it’s probably better to copy all the drum synth folders.
By Wul Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:10 pm
Nice one gabe miller for an honest review and the first you tuber to mention the bugs.
By Certified Beatz Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:08 am
Just updated the software to 2.11.3.5 and firmware.. I don't use the software often but wanted to try it again.. now when I scroll on my MPC X it skips from track 1 to 3 to 5 and so on wow another bug..
By ink1 Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:26 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Just updated the software to 2.11.3.5 and firmware.. I don't use the software often but wanted to try it again.. now when I scroll on my MPC X it skips from track 1 to 3 to 5 and so on wow another bug..

I didn’t notice that one let me check.
By BostonGreen Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:40 am
Certified Beatz wrote:Just updated the software to 2.11.3.5 and firmware.. I don't use the software often but wanted to try it again.. now when I scroll on my MPC X it skips from track 1 to 3 to 5 and so on wow another bug..

I've seen quite a few people reporting this on FB and its only x users reporting it.
By hyena Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:57 am
Wul wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Perhaps the copies on your computer, from the mpc software installation. I haven’t tried these to see if they fix the issue, but they’ll definitely override the internal presets.

If the issue is drumsynth 6 in the multi, then Yes they do fix the issue , all you need to do is copy the tom folder from the synth folder on you puter to the synths folder on your sd card, it’s probably better to copy all the drum synth folders.

i tried it, located the synth content on computer (mac: library\applicationsupport\akai\mpc\synths\ ) copied that to the Synths folder in the root of my internal ssd. no way, it's exactly the same, so either the software version (updated) is bugged too, or they don't override anything in my case.
By Wul Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:29 pm
If it was 2.11 on the computer it’s possible that that folder is the same as the standalone, I.e corrupt.
Mine came from a 2.10 version.
Someone has uploaded them to Google drive, supposedly with custom skins, they all look the same to me though.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/mobi ... irection=a

Hope the uploader don’t mind me posting this
By Lampdog Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:34 pm
Wul wrote:What I thought was a new bug in 2.11 I.e. first three sliders in the step sequencer will not reach maximum when sliding with finger.
But it now looks like it might have been present in 2.10.1 or is actually a hardware problem.

Confirmed here on 2.11.3, MPC X & MPC Keys61. It’s a bug.
Sliders 1, 2 & 3 fully go to 127 when first turned on via bottom button.
Afterwards, manually, they max out at 124.
Other sliders work s expected.
By Lampdog Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:01 pm
Wul wrote:

Multi6 display KICK picture instead of TOM.
By Wul Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:03 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Wul wrote:What I thought was a new bug in 2.11 I.e. first three sliders in the step sequencer will not reach maximum when sliding with finger.

Sliders 1, 2 & 3 fully go to 127 when first turned on via bottom button.
Afterwards, manually, they max out at 124.
Other sliders work s expected.

Thanks , that’s the first I’ve heard of it it on anything other than the one.
I can also confirm that it was present on 2.10.1 ……and never noticed it.
By MikeMW Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:10 am
When i update to MPC 2.11 & MPC Beats 2.11 on my Windows 10 21H2 it does not start anymore. I don't know why.

Just MPC Beats 2.8.3.3 and MPC 2.9.1.4 works on my computer without any problems. All versions after that does not work anymore.

Mike
By hyena Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:18 am
Wul wrote:If it was 2.11 on the computer it’s possible that that folder is the same as the standalone, I.e corrupt.
Mine came from a 2.10 version.
Someone has uploaded them to Google drive, supposedly with custom skins, they all look the same to me though.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/mobi ... irection=a

Hope the uploader don’t mind me posting this

thanks a lot mate!!! trying it now.
wow, thanks!!! it worked! of course it couldn't work from my updated 2.11 files on the computer, how stupid! thanks, very glad to see the drumsynth multi back in shape :) also its reassuring to know that wether new bugs are created on plugins, we can always load the old ones on the sd\ssd and overwrite the internally installed ones!