MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By radzmar Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:55 pm
With 2.11.4 on MPC One I'm facing the same issue as with 2.11.2: It locks up at the bootscreen. None of the buttons is lit.

I discovered that this happens als long I've connect a USB hub to the MPC. In this case an Elektron Overhub which connects the external gear to be controlled by the MPC. When I unplug it, the MPC boots fine.

Similar problem when shutting it down. The screen MPC stay itn the "shutting down" screen until you unplug USB hub.

Downgrading to 2.11.3, since this version had no such problems.
By Lampdog Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:37 pm
Is there another hub you can use?
What exact hub is it?
Is the hub powered? MPC’s need a powered hub.

Elektron uses usb power? Hub is not powered? All trying to pull power from mpc’s usb port? That would be a large fail if this is what your doing?
By radzmar Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:29 pm
No, I don't have another USB hub for testing. The Elektron Overhub can be powered externally, but didn't need it in the past because everything was fine between the MPC and the hub until 2.11.4. Also, the connected devices are not powered over USB, it's just for transferring the Midi data, so there shouldn't be any power issue for the MPC. I guess it's more an issue with the mounting of the USB devices.

I've made a downgrade to 2.11.3 and there is no problem with the connected USB hub now.
By ck4000 Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:59 am
Here is the bug I reported for the MPC One - Anyone else experiencing this issue?

It's been like this since 2.11 update.

1. Open any sample in Sample Edit mode
2. Zoom in 100%
3. Select start or end value field
4. Turning the Data Dial now increases and decreases the selected value by 2 instead of 1
5. Pressing the + and - Buttons now increase and decrease the selected value by 2 instead of 1
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:15 pm
ck4000 wrote:Here is the bug I reported for the MPC One - Anyone else experiencing this issue?

It's been like this since 2.11 update.

1. Open any sample in Sample Edit mode
2. Zoom in 100%
3. Select start or end value field
4. Turning the Data Dial now increases and decreases the selected value by 2 instead of 1
5. Pressing the + and - Buttons now increase and decrease the selected value by 2 instead of 1

Confirmed. Bottom Q link seems to be the only way to achieve single units.
By BigSmilez Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:20 am
Plugin Latency Bug - Standalone mode
Open any in-built plugin (Hype, Fabric, Tubesynth) in Standalone mode. Play around for a bit.
Sometimes, for no reason at all, there is a huge latency added to this particular program: Tap on a pad, the midi is registered instantaneously (track meter moves) but there is a huge 200-300ms delay between that tap and the plugin producing any sound. (the CPU and RAM remains below 50%)

No definite way to reproduce this but it has happened in three different projects of mine.
Workaround: Delete that particular program, load up that plugin in a new program and it all just works fine.
By algx Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:49 am
MPC One was fine before 2.11 then:

On Win 11PC, MPC only connects as a USB device MPC stays on pink screen looking for PC. Reinstalling MPC software and drivers does not solve this so no more controller mode.

Updated to 2.14:
Now MPC hangs on boot up screen, gets no further than the MPC logo. Can't even get into it to switch it off, only unplugging it turns it off.

So, where do I get the older firmware so I can resurrect my MPC? And where are the instructions to do this?
What's going on with Akai they seem intent on destroying what was until 2.11 a stable platform?
By JrTMoney2 Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:36 am
kangawookiee wrote:2.11.4 users anyone missing octave controls in Pad Perform? I reverted back to 2.10. Don't know if it was an actual bug or a bad flash.

Same here - the scale has turned into a single line that just shows the key, but is still titled "Scale & Octave"
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:41 am
Akai tell me that this is intended. Double tap the key select box and from the resulting pop up you can use the top left arrow to go back to change octave, a bit like how you double tap a plugin preset and go back to change the category.

Or use the octave buttons. Not sure this is an improvement, but a decision was made somewhere and there you go!

JrTMoney2 wrote:
kangawookiee wrote:2.11.4 users anyone missing octave controls in Pad Perform? I reverted back to 2.10. Don't know if it was an actual bug or a bad flash.

Same here - the scale has turned into a single line that just shows the key, but is still titled "Scale & Octave"
By giacecco Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:13 pm
Bug, 2.11.4 MPC-X standalone: current track always plays input MIDI notes whatever the MIDI channel they are coming from

To reproduce:
1) set at least two plugin tracks to receive MIDI notes input from an external keyboard on a different channel, e.g. track 1 receives port MPC 1 channel 1 and plays TubeSynth, track 2 receives MPC 1 channel 2 and plays Fabric Piano, etc.
2) choose one track and set the external keyboard to a different channel than the current track's

Outcome: the current track will play, whatever channel the notes come from.

The same happens for MIDI tracks. I haven't tried other track types. I've submitted the bug to AKAI.
By Lampdog Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:25 pm
I have MPC X, OS 2.11.4 & Korg Kronos2.

MPC X tracks playback exactly what midi chnl I tell them play.

Check and configure TRACK VIEW, INPUTs.

By giacecco Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:34 pm
@Lampdog you’re using the Kronos connected using USB, right? Can you try using MIDI DIN?
By Lampdog Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:18 pm
UPDATE.

Texted a friend ‘round the block. He brought 2 din’s.
With the below MPC X setup, I can change midi chnls on Kronos2 and play the plugins separately without touching X’s main/current view. Works as I expected it to work.

Use this setup w/ din, lemme know what you think.

By Lampdog Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:41 pm
I think TRACK VIEW is where you’ll end up findings answers to your misery.

Midi Monitor in modes.
Track midi inputs.
Track record arm.

I say TRACK VIEW because you can see multiple tracks at once instead of MAIN VIEW dialing into each track.