MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:53 am
Lancerben wrote:Version 17 fixed that but then I lose my ability to save favorites and to see my numerous user presets.

I can confirm that 2.11.7, in standalone mode only, seems to be suddenly ignoring all user presets - including all existing presets and any newly saved user presets.

The user presets still exist in the presets folder in 'MPC Documents', the MPC just seems to be ignoring them. This is affecting anywhere where you would normally browse presets, e.g. program edit, sounds browser and MAIN

Any 'favourites' that link to a user preset are visible but do nothing when double tapping them.

BTW, to avoid confusion, this is not MPC version '17', it's 2.11 version '7', i.e. 2.11.7
By Lancerben Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:06 am
Some kind of partial crash / reset lights flashing on pads when trying to send midi data through my novation launch control XL to the EQ insert plug in setting on the master. Are issues like this common with external controllers?
By Terry Bollea Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:48 pm
In 2.11.7 I continue to have a midi bug. When you play the same note via midi on two separate channels the note off interferes with the other channel. This does not happen with a recorded sequence now, but continues to happen when playing live through two midi channels routed through the MPC. For example playing 1 plugin on channel 1 via a midi keyboard and another plugin on channel 2 via the mpc pads at the same time. So still a problem for live midi playing and routing of external synths, sequencers, or arppegiators. This even happens when routing midi through MPC to an external device making the sound, the note cutoff interferes.
By turnipwagon Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:26 pm
Hi All,

I'm experiences audio dropout at random when in controller mode. Seems to be happening in sequences that utilise several 3rd party VSTs (the more VSTs the more the likelihood of dropout happening).

Doesn't seem to happen in standalone mode, or when just playing MPC software on PC (with ASIO4ALL).
Anyone else experiencing this?

All the best!
By turnipwagon Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:34 pm
turnipwagon wrote:Hi All,

I'm experiences audio dropout at random when in controller mode. Seems to be happening in sequences that utilise several 3rd party VSTs (the more VSTs the more the likelihood of dropout happening).

Doesn't seem to happen in standalone mode, or when just playing MPC software on PC (with ASIO4ALL).

All the best!

One thing I did notice once I had installed 2.11.7 is that the audio device prefrences listed the MPC One with different buffer size and latency. At over 500 samples for buffer size compared to its previous listing of 256 samples. Perhaps this could cause a problem? I checked in the MPC device control panel (the software driver on PC) and the buffer size there was 256 as previous. So, this could be a problem with the PC driver...

Anyway, I have reverted back to 2.11.4 and admitted have only tested once but so far the issue of audio dropout has not occurred. touch wood, fingers crossed etc. I have also raised a bug report.

Peas
By KanelaStudio Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:54 pm

All the best!

This is the tipical driver/device issue. There are three possible causes: CPU (not enough cpu), buggy device drivers, asio4all configuration. I recommend to use a DAW and route channels via daw instead using only the effect rack on the mpc software. It is buggy.
By turnipwagon Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:23 am
KanelaStudio wrote:
This is the tipical driver/device issue. There are three possible causes: CPU (not enough cpu), buggy device drivers, asio4all configuration. I recommend to use a DAW and route channels via daw instead using only the effect rack on the mpc software. It is buggy.

Hi Kanela,
I supect buggy device driver. It looked very odd in the audio device prefs how the buffer size was off.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding your coment "I recommend to use a DAW and route channels via daw instead using only the effect rack on the mpc software." - Can you please explain?

I use the MPC in controller mode for most music applications.

Cheers!
By turnipwagon Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:38 am
turnipwagon wrote:

All the best!

One thing I did notice once I had installed 2.11.7 is that the audio device prefrences listed the MPC One with different buffer size and latency. At over 500 samples for buffer size compared to its previous listing of 256 samples. Perhaps this could cause a problem? I checked in the MPC device control panel (the software driver on PC) and the buffer size there was 256 as previous. So, this could be a problem with the PC driver...

Anyway, I have reverted back to 2.11.4 and admitted have only tested once but so far the issue of audio dropout has not occurred. touch wood, fingers crossed etc. I have also raised a bug report.

Peas

Unfortunately after revert back to 2.11.4 I'm still experiences this audio dropout issue. No idea what can be causing it. Damn. I can't play live like this :( - i hope it's not the unit packing in
By parisot benoit Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:06 pm
Terry Bollea wrote:In 2.11.7 I continue to have a midi bug. When you play the same note via midi on two separate channels the note off interferes with the other channel. This does not happen with a recorded sequence now, but continues to happen when playing live through two midi channels routed through the MPC. For example playing 1 plugin on channel 1 via a midi keyboard and another plugin on channel 2 via the mpc pads at the same time. So still a problem for live midi playing and routing of external synths, sequencers, or arppegiators. This even happens when routing midi through MPC to an external device making the sound, the note cutoff interferes.

I am experiencing a quite similar problem with my midi controllers, two faders set to cc number 7 but on channel 3 and 4 seems to move at the same time when moving only one fader, I think they introduced a bug on the midi channel assignment
By Lancerben Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:54 am
Just loading around 8 keygroups from mpc instrument collection (which is excellent Imo) the mpc keys 61 started clicking like crazy. It happened after I cleared the first 8 then reloaded 8... Memory was at 42% CPU 21-40% depending on patch
. They all clicked and popped once it started.. Like audio thing... No wonder it can't connect to audio interface their own isn't even stable...

That is 2.11.6 btw... 2.11.7 even more buggy I rolled back. Maybe I should roll back to 2.11.5 that I did try yet. What do I lose in function and effects in that version?

Maybe will get rid of the bugs?

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/ldV8CEppC5oB
By turnipwagon Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:05 pm
[/quote]

Unfortunately after revert back to 2.11.4 I'm still experiences this audio dropout issue. No idea what can be causing it. Damn. I can't play live like this :( - i hope it's not the unit packing in[/quote]

I think I found the problem... hopefully... and in this case it is seemingly not a bug. The problem of audio dropping out was due to the license of a plugin and it cutting out the audio. Bloody hell!
By Lancerben Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:40 am
Tried to work with my mpc keys again.. Didn't take long... Half an hour into it. This is not the first time I noticed this ... the undo redo function is extremely buggy. And if course it's a super important feature.
I've already mentioned this but this time I paid extra attention. If you undo then try to redo. Often it doesn't work. It often cannot redo the undo and often it just won't undo what you want to remove in the first place because it registered a bunch of insignificant events that took all of the undos

I do like the interface of the grid after some getting used to. I have found tricks to speed things up.. But the undo redo function is very important Imo...
By HanHuman Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:25 pm
I get a LOT of random clicks and pops when recording through a Scarlett OctoPre connected via ADAT to a Clarett 8pre as an audio interface for the MPC X. I though it was a good idea to plug them directly to the X instead of feeding sound through the internal inputs, but it starts to seem like a bad move. Recording more than a few seconds without any clicks is almost impossible atm.
By Mjt1138 Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:59 pm
Apologies if this has already been reported but I have had a major bug in my MPC key 61 since the 2.11.5 update. It only occurs occasionally, sometimes only once out of 10 or more boot ups, but sometimes once every other time. Basically the units takes about 3 minutes to boot up and when it finally does all the internal drive data is missing. So ALL samples, kits, expansions, projects, and demos are gone. Only the plugins remain. In browse, when I press the folders along the top it only lets folder 2 display and it is empty. I have reported it to Akai and sent a video of the issue but as they could not replicate it they asked me to report it as a bug on their website. I thought it might be a defect with just my keyboard, but I have since seen the identical problem reported by two other users in a Facebook group. Also, when I revert back to 2.11.4 the problem disappears so I presume it isn't a disc rf registry error but a bug. The bug still remains in the 2.11.6 and now 2.11.7 updates. Has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be? It's so annoying.
By Bradley Smith Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:11 pm
Just want to confirm, Bounce to Audio Track is bugged in 2.11.7 for both standalone and controller mode? For me it plays one note then seems to glitch and bail out.

Akai are trying really hard to get me to abandon this device.