MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Electricmoose Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:52 pm
Hello! I was setting up an external synth which I have got working via Midi and USB. The bit that I assume is a big is when I go to the audio tab the instrument can no longer be targeted which means you can't audition effects. You have to go back to the main page. :smoker:
By Monotremata Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:06 pm
MPC_Maschinist wrote:Ah I understand. Your "Save as" workflow makes sense. THX for sharing!

I got into the habit of doing that a couple years ago haha. Most of my projects start out as 'DnB 01', 'DnB 02', 'Beats 01', etc.. Once it's close to "finished" and I finally come up with an actual title for it, purge memory, save as a new project under its actual name, all nice and tidy project folder ready for archiving.

Like Tutor, I like the fact that it does kind of act as an 'archive' though. I often create a lot of programs that will get replaced along the way, so once I have a 'permanent' archive copy of the project, I can grab all the XPMs out of the other one and throw those in my Programs library to use again and save some time.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:29 pm
I work this same way.
It’s rare I lose anything.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:30 pm
Electricmoose wrote:Hello! I was setting up an external synth which I have got working via Midi and USB. The bit that I assume is a big is when I go to the audio tab the instrument can no longer be targeted which means you can't audition effects. You have to go back to the main page. :smoker:

External synth.
Where’s that synths audio routed?
If you think this is a bug keep your issue here. If not create a separate thread for your issue.
By chrisroland Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:48 pm
i don't know if it's still the same MIDI note bug that was supposedly fixed in 2.11.7 but i definitely get choking of multiple plugins if i try to sequence more than one at the same time on different tracks (externally from Hapax). does anyone else have this issue, which obviously severely limits the number of plugins i can actually use in any given project down to one
By Lampdog Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:04 pm
Check all polyphony settings you can find, check instant track mute settings in preferences.
By Permernent Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:01 pm
Hello, since the update to 2.11.7, my iConnect Audio 2+ no longer works properly. I have bad sound and crackles. MidiLearn doesn't work anymore either.
By Jayson Wonder Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:54 pm
MPC Software does not see any of my Air, Sonixvox or 3rd Party Plugins, only the MPC Plugins such as Hype, Fabric, Hybrid, Mellotron, etc.

Strangely all of them (Silk Road Percs, Session Drums, Orchestral Companion, etc...) work in my other DAWs so I know it is an MPC things and not a user error that I can find. Plus they were all working prior to the last update...

Lets how this can get fixed. If anyone has a workaround please let me know.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:30 pm
You haven’t changed anything else, like computer os version or changed hardware to apple silicon?

Are your vst plugin paths still checked in preferences > plugins?

Jayson Wonder wrote:MPC Software does not see any of my Air, Sonixvox or 3rd Party Plugins, only the MPC Plugins such as Hype, Fabric, Hybrid, Mellotron, etc.

Strangely all of them (Silk Road Percs, Session Drums, Orchestral Companion, etc...) work in my other DAWs so I know it is an MPC things and not a user error that I can find. Plus they were all working prior to the last update...

Lets how this can get fixed. If anyone has a workaround please let me know.
By isshman Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:04 am
Aren't all plugin instrument banks supposed to have notes? I'm in MPC Live 2 Retro 2.11.7 and currently in chapter 10-11 of MPC Bible, when I select TubeSynth(tutorial says to press pads F7,F12 and F15 for arp I believe) but I can't select those banks at all. I can select bank E, but it only has notes on pads E1-4 and the rest are empty. Is this a bug? Also, Pad Perform seems messed up as well. Anybody?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:48 am
isshman wrote:Aren't all plugin instrument banks supposed to have notes? I'm in MPC Live 2 Retro 2.11.7 and currently in chapter 10-11 of MPC Bible, when I select TubeSynth(tutorial says to press pads F7,F12 and F15 for arp I believe) but I can't select those banks at all. I can select bank E, but it only has notes on pads E1-4 and the rest are empty. Is this a bug? Also, Pad Perform seems messed up as well. Anybody?

Pad perform is definitely problematic ATM, especially since they removed the 'octave' display. Basically the available pad banks depend on what octave you have selected under 'scale & octave' (you have to double tap to see the octave). If you are above a certain octave and/or have selected anything other than 'custom' then you will not have all pad banks available as ultimately the MPC (or any MIDI device) can only go as high as midi note G8 (and that note might currently reside in bank D or similar). It's a mess and very hard to cover in a tutorial, especially as there seems to be some element of randomness in what is initially selected by default.

I keep assuming they are going to fix this, but it looks like they are actually happy with the current implementation. Basically they broke something that was working fine for most people, we're not sure why they thought it needed 'fixing', I assume it was in some way related to the MPC Key release, basically most of the issues we have now date back to around that time.
By isshman Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:16 pm
:worthy: Thanks for explaining.
MPC-Tutor wrote:
isshman wrote:Aren't all plugin instrument banks supposed to have notes? I'm in MPC Live 2 Retro 2.11.7 and currently in chapter 10-11 of MPC Bible, when I select TubeSynth(tutorial says to press pads F7,F12 and F15 for arp I believe) but I can't select those banks at all. I can select bank E, but it only has notes on pads E1-4 and the rest are empty. Is this a bug? Also, Pad Perform seems messed up as well. Anybody?

Pad perform is definitely problematic ATM, especially since they removed the 'octave' display. Basically the available pad banks depend on what octave you have selected under 'scale & octave' (you have to double tap to see the octave). If you are above a certain octave and/or have selected anything other than 'custom' then you will not have all pad banks available as ultimately the MPC (or any MIDI device) can only go as high as midi note G8 (and that note might currently reside in bank D or similar). It's a mess and very hard to cover in a tutorial, especially as there seems to be some element of randomness in what is initially selected by default.

I keep assuming they are going to fix this, but it looks like they are actually happy with the current implementation. Basically they broke something that was working fine for most people, we're not sure why they thought it needed 'fixing', I assume it was in some way related to the MPC Key release, basically most of the issues we have now date back to around that time.
By Vinegar Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:18 pm
Can someone give a quick description of the MIDI bug and the current status of it on the latest OS? I’ve found years of discussion online about it but most people don’t seem to understand it well enough to explain it. I’m encountering some weird dropped notes while sequencing different simultaneous parts on a sound module and I’m trying to figure out if it’s the MPC One that’s causing this.
By PRAYTHEPO Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:22 pm
- X-Fade is not working
- Clicks at looping even with 0 snap and precise, surgical zoom-in and manual correction
- New loaded sample sometimes auto-assigns into place of already assigned sample in the last chosen drum program