MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By rgbeitor Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:15 pm
Hi everyone.
Two Odyssey problems found:

1)LFO sync not working until transport (play) is activated. Sound usually is very different with or without LFO synced, so if we play a preset without running the sequence at the same time, the sound won't be the same as when playing it (actually very different).

Howto reproduce:
-Create a new instrument track.
-Assing Odyssey.
-Search for Saw Wobble.
-Assign and play some notes with the transport stopped.
-Press play and hear the difference.

2)Preset based in LFO tempo sync: LFO only working for 32 bars. After this LFO "dissapears").
Howto reproduce:
-Create a sequence longer than 32 bars (duplicating a short one several times works also).
-Set preset to something with LFO tempo sync. Example: Saw Wobble?
-Run a long note in each bar up the 36 (for example).
-Loop bars 30 to 34 (to avoid waiting until there).
-Hear the change in the sound. LFO dissapears!

Checked the same sequence with other plugins (Tubesynth, Hype, etc) and keygroups with synced LFO and behaviour is ok. So... Odyssey related problem.

I don't know if those bugs are related to the last version (2.12.3). I detected them there, but may be they started in a previous firmware version.

Can someone please confirm?

Thanks.
By Lampdog Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:42 am
For #1. How can you sync with no clock somewhere running?
By rgbeitor Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:20 pm
Lampdog wrote:For #1. How can you sync with no clock somewhere running?

Hi.

Thanks for your response.

Yes, you are right. No tempo, no clock, no sync. But I was expecting that the plugin were able to use the current tempo value (sequence/global) to give you something more similar to the "final" sound after syncing...
By chrisroland Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:16 pm
i sequence my MPC from Deluge without sending clock out and FX/plugins' delay/LFO will sync to the MPC's global/sequence BPM, which i always set to match the Deluge's tempo. except Flex Beat Player. can't figure out why and Akai tech support hasn't been able to either
By jamos Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:41 pm
Re the LFO sync issue above: For what it's worth, the Arpeggiator continues to play after the sequencer is stopped (which is a maddening bug in itself), which indicates that, yes, the clock is still running.
By jamos Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:25 am
Found a bug in 2.13, I suspect it has been there all along.

When using the "Half-Speed Events" edit function, only notes are affected. Automation stays where it is and no longer syncs up with the notes.

Where is Akai's bug-reporting portal, again?
By JrTMoney2 Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:36 am
I think this has been reported before, but in 2.13 I'm still experiencing this.

You're making a sequence, you lay out each track, and as you build more and more tracks all of a sudden you realize something's missing. You realize one of the earlier tracks you laid is just no longer playing at all.

I checked the track and the events are still there and the PGM is still there, it's just not playing sound anymore. You can change the PGM on the same track and other PGM's will play the midi events, but when you go back to the PGM you recorded the track with, it's not outputting any audio.

Edit: Just noticed mute is turned on for the PGM, but when I go to turn it off, it will not turn off.

Another Edit: I went in and had to solo the track, which then played all tracks associated with that PGM, not just the track I had solo'd, then once I turned solo off, I was able to hit mute and turn mute off. Now it seems to work correctly.
By Kwerky Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:21 am
2.12.1 When in song mode, press Record, add tracks, press Stop. Now one of the tracks are muted in track view only. Go back into song mode, press Record, add another track, press Stop. Another track will be muted in track view. I think the track affected is the last track you interacted with or selected before going into song mode.
By Kwerky Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:51 am
Kwerky wrote:2.12.1 When in song mode, press Record, add tracks, press Stop. Now one of the tracks are muted in track view only. Go back into song mode, press Record, add another track, press Stop. Another track will be muted in track view. I think the track affected is the last track you interacted with or selected before going into song mode.

Obviously I meant, "add sequences" not tracks. But tracks get muted in "Track View" as a result.
(I couldn't edit my own post for some reason)
By Lampdog Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:04 am
While in song mode, whichever seq is highlighted is where the machine drops you off when you go back into main.

If you had mutes going on in that seq then that is in effect also right? Did you have mutes happening in the seq highlighted in song mode when you stopped and went back into main?
By Kwerky Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:54 am
Lampdog wrote:While in song mode, whichever seq is highlighted is where the machine drops you off when you go back into main.

If you had mutes going on in that seq then that is in effect also right? Did you have mutes happening in the seq highlighted in song mode when you stopped and went back into main?

I had 5 sequences, all using the same tracks/programs
Nothing muted.
The action of pressing REC in Song mode then stop, muted tracks in track view only.

The first time around, I was very confused as more and more tracks got muted until pressing play did nothing. I'm new to the MPC, it took me a long time to find out that Track View has completely independent mutes, and all the tracks had been muted due to repeated REC/STOP in Song mode. Once I figured out what was going on, I just had to visit Track View every time I finished editing in Song mode.
By Low3001 Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:29 am
I haven't updated my MPC One to the latest FW Update yet and haven't had any issues before. But today, suddenly, it seems that it takes much longer to boot. Strange...
Also I have read somewhere from other users that the top left of the touchscreen felt hot. I have never checked but feels warm, even though only 1-5% CPU usage.
Maybe I'm just hunting ghosts.lol... but at least I wanted y'all to know.
By mp3 Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:42 pm
Not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight. Just got a key 61, planning to gig with it. I want to trigger samples from the pads and control an external module from the keys by using local off. But when I activate local off and press keys, the pads change banks according to the pressed key. If I press keys corresponding to pad bank 1 (C1-Eb2), the pads switch to pad bank 1. If I press keys corresponding to pad bank 2 (E2-G#3), the pads switch to pad bank 2. And so on.

This defeats the entire purpose of local off, at least for my use case. I want to control which pad bank I’m on with the pad bank buttons.

Also I did some testing and it appears the same thing happens when the keyboard is set to ‘tracks’ mode and routed to a separate track internally. So it may not be a bug but rather an oversight. But either way, I can’t gig with it until they fix it.
By Rickon Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:43 am
Found a wifi bug and able to repeat/demo it on MPC One+ (reported to Akai)...

This happens on 5Ghz. Not sure if it also happens on 2.4Ghz but would assume it does.

It's to do with low signal connection failures and the error message displayed.

If you connect to an AP with about 25% or less signal strength you will get 'Incorrect password' even if your password is correct. I believe this is because the connection fails and the MPC is a bit lazy when it comes to reporting the real reason i.e. "all failures must be wrong password" :roll:

I tested this by first connecting to my distant 5GHz AP and got "incorrect password" despite checking it over and over.
Then I did an experiment with my phone hotspot. Right alongside the MPC it connects fine. So I decided to move it to far away enough to get the same signal level as my actual AP. Got "incorrect password" (without changing the password data).
Moved it back in range, again without changing password data... connected fine.

So weak signal will report "wrong password".
By groslaine Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:05 pm
Hi,
I am on the 2.13 firmware version and I go to "sample edit".
I change the starting point to make a X-fade. The X-fade doesn't work, no in preview and not when I extract it. Maybe because it's a stereo sample.