MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Rocky Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:01 pm
Issue with # symbol in project name or containing folder name.

Correspondence with Technical support re: Issue [#inMusic-202078]:-

30 Mar - ME:
I just tried saving a new project on my MPC One, using a name with a # in it and got error message
"ERROR SAVING MPC PROJECT"
When I leave the # out of the name it is fine.
Weird that the system still allows you to use the # when typing the name..

31 Mar - Akai:
Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble.​
​I tested this and was able to confirm that projects with the # sign are coming back with the "Error saving project" error. I will look further into this and follow up with you.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know.

31 Mar - ME:
Thanks - I look forward to hearing your progress.
It is easily worked around obviously, but glad to know you take it seriously.

Apr 5 - Akai:
Thank you for your reply.
My pleasure. If this turns out to be a bug, it will be corrected in a future update. Have a nice day.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know.
By s0dyy Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:24 pm
dilingdong wrote:Hi,

Just got my mpc and learning how to use it. I was playing around with drum synth and when I get to the mixer tab, the qlink knobs are not assigned to the correct parameters. It all over the place there. Anyone got this error?
I'm on the latest firmware. 2.11.6

Hello,

Any news on that? Nobody uses these features of the Drumsynth plugin?

Qlinks are completely bugged on the last 3 tabs (mixer, fx and sends).

It's worrying, the bugs seem to be there for several weeks/months now (and these bugs don't seem complicated to fix) .
By Lancerben Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:06 pm
I just updated to 2.11.9 ... I don't see any reports on that when was it released ?
No news = good news or it just got released ?
By Kwerky Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:22 am
Your post was the first I heard about it.
Today came across this video urging everyone to update Now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGyWd5IBCxQ&t=23s

... um ... I'll wait and see.

EDIT: InMusic PDF on the update
https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/MPC%202.11.9%20Firmware%20Update.pdf
MPC 2.11.9 Firmware Update
Stability and reliability
MIDI Path
• The same MIDI note can now be played from more than one controller when the note
filter is enabled
Plugin Effects
• Vocal Harmonizer - Note parameter value increments made from control surface
hardware are now correct
Plugin Instruments
• OPx4 - LFO Delay and Fade parameters now respond correctly to different
modulation sources
Preferences
• Cancelling a software update via USB will no longer generate a popup that claims no
file was found
Sample Edit
• Performance has been improved when using the touchscreen to zoom into waveforms
in Track Edit and Sample Edit
• Converting slices to a drum track no longer creates multiple undo events
• Chopping a sample into a specific number of regions now makes those slices
accurately
Sampler/Looper
• Assigning a sample or a resample to pad has been repaired
Step Sequence
• When adding a new parameter, the correct pad focus will be shown
Wi-Fi/Ethernet
• Units will now shut down correctly when shut down immediately after establishing a
network connection

Known issues for this release
The following issues have been confirmed by Akai Professional to be present in this and
previous versions of MPC firmware. We are actively working on a resolution to these issues.
• In some cases, MIDI note-off messages can be sent to the wrong MIDI channel when
received from multiple sources simultaneously.
By Lancerben Tue May 02, 2023 5:46 am
I had parked this keyboard for months because I was too frustrated with it. I had ideas about settings it on fire and making a video of it. As much as I loved it I also hated it. Such a powerful synth with such buggy coding. Now I'm back hoping for better things.
I have not found any major bug in the standalone mode but I haven't used it too much. I have found tons of bugs in the Software mode. Lots of crashes sometimes when selecting a lot of data (many velocity points) at once. Also most of the time it can't do a an Audio Mixdown from the menu but it works when done from the keyboard. lots of visual artifacts after deleting stuff but it is better than it used to be. Changing Tempo doesn't affect the saves so they have to be modified manually which is annoying but workable. the crashes made me lose a decent amount of work because when you get in the flow you forget to save sometimes. It was again a frustrating experience and I really don't like the MPC software I wish this keyboard could work seamlessly with cubase instead which is way more powerful. That said I finished my song and it rocks and it's all done the MPC. It sounds amazing ! what a beast. I just hope they figure out most of the bugs soon. Also when it crashes you have to reboot the computer (the MPC audio interface doesn't restart properly)

p.s. I wish they let us edit known bugs It only took me a day to find a bunch of them.
By saxofonbrian Thu May 04, 2023 8:45 am
Hi all

When using 'MPC Key 61' in controller mode, with my 'MacBook Air M1' and MPC software, the midi timing is slightly off. It's a little random. When I play 'Soft Perk Rhodes' (Stage EP plugin) on top of a beat I've made, I can hear that it sounds different from what I play. As far as I can see it's better with a latency of 128, and worse using 256. It's often worst in the second bars ending.
Anybody else seeing something like this?

Kind regards
Brian
By ck4000 Fri May 05, 2023 9:18 am
ck4000 wrote:Here is the bug I reported for the MPC One - Anyone else experiencing this issue?

It's been like this since 2.11 update.

1. Open any sample in Sample Edit mode
2. Zoom in 100%
3. Select start or end value field
4. Turning the Data Dial now increases and decreases the selected value by 2 instead of 1
5. Pressing the + and - Buttons now increase and decrease the selected value by 2 instead of 1

This bug is still present in 2.11.9
By Lancerben Fri May 05, 2023 9:01 pm
i see a bug that is frequent but random where played notes are delayed (in MPC controller mode on MPC software). It happens on different instrument even if not many are loaded or playing at the same time)

Many crashes, when selecting many objects (say hihat velocity when many notes are selected).
Also crashes with other plug ins (any Roland plug in) which has ULTRA stable in Cubase. I do appreciate that do work when not crashing the procedure after this crash is a full restart and you lose your data if you didn't just save of course.

Lots of visual artifacts when deleting or moving notes, especially in track mode. This leads to errors in placement.

Lots more that I'm forgetting about. Stability is better than it used to be but has a long ways to go to improve workflow.
By Lancerben Fri May 05, 2023 9:21 pm
Well it's worst than I reported. Even adjusting velocity one at a time causes crashes. I was adjusting a single hihat velocity to create a groove and it just froze on me.
By HanHuman Sat May 06, 2023 1:33 am
Not sure if this is a bug or something never implemented, but when saving as an Ableton Live project with MIDI notes, ratchets are discarded. Bummer.
By Lancerben Sun May 07, 2023 8:40 pm
The plug in in Cubase is pretty much unusable which is a real pita. I have a lot of soft synths in Cubase and I love Cubase workflow. Integration with Cubase and other DAWs is paramount.
Also loading a project that works fine in the mpc 2 software crashes instantly when loading in plug in Mode
By Lancerben Tue May 09, 2023 10:28 pm
So 20+h on this new project many little bugs surfaced. And figured out a quicker way to reset and restart after a crash. At the same time we may have a idea what could be the problem if this message reaches someone at akai.

For the crashes that are random can happen anytime. During playback... When adjusting some points like velocity, volume etc.. When selecting points (more common with many points)
The software hangs the keyboard goes out of controller mode (looking for computer).
Going back in controller mode doesn't work no sound or it won't find the keyboard at all.

Solution for quick reset .. Eject ata/atapi bridge.
Go in standalone mode jujmp right back controller mode. Eject audio interface whichever you are using. Let it redetect.. In my case mbox studio pro on off button... Restart app. Takes about 30 second vs a few minutes with restart.

With how many times it crashes it saves time.

I save every 2 min it's borderline OCD now lol. I lost data a few times getting zoned in... Ruins the creative flow.

----
Other bugs sometimes mute unmute doesn't work or won't solo out... This is random.
By Lancerben Thu May 11, 2023 9:47 am
I'd have to draw a two page report...
I just finished the biggest music project of my life 50H plus straight on it... Amazing results I can't count how many crashes I had how many times I had to redo stuff. The more complicated the project is the more unstable it becomes.
Found tricks to increase stability too.. Less mouse more cursor next on the keyboard.

Adding vocal audio takes on the projet exponentially added freezes. Running a super low resources on the CPU side.
By Fletchnyc Fri May 12, 2023 4:21 am
The Expert Sleepers ES-9 audio interface suffers from distorted audio when in use on a project. It’s not constant, it comes in waves. Everything will be fine, and then suddenly the music is distorted.