MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Kwerky Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:04 am
Bradley Smith wrote:
Kwerky wrote:Am I reading this right? Do you mean the bug where a note on one MIDI channel is turned off by the same note ending on another channel? Have they actually fixed this?

Was fixed in 2.11.7 :)
Jeffmhopkins wrote:Updated to 2.11.8, ....8< ....
The MIDI noteOff bug still exists for me while sequencing via external USB midi devices. In my case, a Keystep Pro outputting notes on ch1 and ch2, any noteOff messages will apply to all channels simultaneously, cutting off longer chords and bass lines.

I'm using an external MIDI keyboard & an external sequencer.
Sounds like the issue hasn't been properly addressed.
Not at all surprised.
By Bradley Smith Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:06 pm
Not at all surprised.

I'm using an MPK Mini Mk2 on CH2 and an Argon on CH1 and I can put the Argon in midi monitor mode and see (and hear) that my MPC One is only sending note off messages onto the correct channels. The problem is solved for me. I'm in standalone mode on version 2.11.8.
By Kwerky Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:30 am
Bradley Smith wrote:
Not at all surprised.

I'm using an MPK Mini Mk2 on CH2 and an Argon on CH1 and I can put the Argon in midi monitor mode and see (and hear) that my MPC One is only sending note off messages onto the correct channels. The problem is solved for me. I'm in standalone mode on version 2.11.8.

As I understand it:
If you're sequencing with the MPC & playing external gear with it, earlier posts state this was fixed.
But using external MIDI equipment to play the MPC is where it falls down.
By Bradley Smith Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:29 pm
Ok so if I setup my system so that my 2 midi keyboards play 2 different instruments on 2 different midi channels on the MPC we that will not work?
By Kwerky Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:49 am
Bradley Smith wrote:Ok so if I setup my system so that my 2 midi keyboards play 2 different instruments on 2 different midi channels on the MPC we that will not work?

They'll work right up until you play the same note on both at the same time. Which ever stops playing first will mute the same note on all channels. That's the original bug I've been waiting to be fixed ever since I got mine.
By Bradley Smith Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:43 am
Kwerky wrote:
Bradley Smith wrote:Ok so if I setup my system so that my 2 midi keyboards play 2 different instruments on 2 different midi channels on the MPC we that will not work?

They'll work right up until you play the same note on both at the same time. Which ever stops playing first will mute the same note on all channels. That's the original bug I've been waiting to be fixed ever since I got mine.

The above also works fine for me:
2 tracks, hype plugin on both, rich swell on track1, supersaw on track 2
midi in from mpk mini ch10 for track one
midi in from argon ch1 for track two
play note on mpk mini (c#2) and i hear rich swell sound
whilst keeping that key held, play exactly same note on argon (c#2) and i hear supersaw and rich swell together
release either and the other note continues to play
By wavejockey Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:15 am
i think the BUG is when driving external synths, not internal
By Bradley Smith Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:27 pm
wavejockey wrote:i think the BUG is when driving external synths, not internal

Well controlling external synths is what I do normally and that works as well. Honestly, prior to 2.11.7 I could reproduce this bug every single time but they said it was fixed in 2.11.7 and I tested it and it is. I can't understand how some people are still seeing it.
By Monotremata Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:34 pm

The bug IIRC, had to do with incoming MIDI playing instruments in the MPC (or coming into the MPC and filtering out to another device). Usually when people were trying to use external sequencers or their DAW to play the MPC like a sample module or something. This was when the notes were cutting one another off.

Over here, my MPC IS my sequencer and I had none of these issues playing multiple external synths from the MPC (all of my synths are set to MIDI channel 1 except for my EMU sampler). I ran 2.11.6 or 7 for awhile before I couldn't take the Pad Perform stuff anymore, never had anything cut anything else off once.
By Kwerky Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:46 pm
Bradley Smith wrote:
Kwerky wrote:They'll work right up until you play the same note on both at the same time. Which ever stops playing first will mute the same note on all channels. That's the original bug I've been waiting to be fixed ever since I got mine.

The above also works fine for me:
2 tracks, hype plugin on both, rich swell on track1, supersaw on track 2
midi in from mpk mini ch10 for track one
midi in from argon ch1 for track two
play note on mpk mini (c#2) and i hear rich swell sound
whilst keeping that key held, play exactly same note on argon (c#2) and i hear supersaw and rich swell together
release either and the other note continues to play

Sounds good to me. Because I don't have access to my MPC One, I can't test any of this. I'm just going by what's in this thread.
I use an external keyboard & MIDI sequencer to play all my hardware. So I'd be using those to play the MPC drum samples & synth engines, the MPC doesn't need to transmit anything for now.
If I can do that without notes being chopped off between channels, I'll be satisfied.
When I finally can use my MPC, I'll update it and give it a go.
By maxblack Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:26 pm
Can anyone share if they have this bug when the external controller is connect to the MPC via USB, Midi or a USB hub, USB hub seems to cause a lot of issues, (ideally you want a nicely powered USB Hub)
By EMP Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:25 pm
Monotremata wrote:

The bug IIRC, had to do with incoming MIDI playing instruments in the MPC (or coming into the MPC and filtering out to another device). Usually when people were trying to use external sequencers or their DAW to play the MPC like a sample module or something. This was when the notes were cutting one another off.

Over here, my MPC IS my sequencer and I had none of these issues playing multiple external synths from the MPC (all of my synths are set to MIDI channel 1 except for my EMU sampler). I ran 2.11.6 or 7 for awhile before I couldn't take the Pad Perform stuff anymore, never had anything cut anything else off once.

Yes, the bug is when trying to use EXTERNAL MIDI to sequence an MPC ( the One in my case). I can indeed confirm there is a bug. I’m using a Cirklon to sequence my One (or at least trying to). Crazy note drop outs. Messing with the polyphony settings of the Programs can sometimes squash it, but not always. I’m just glad that others have experienced it and I’m not losing my mind. :hmmm:
By chrisroland Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:27 am
yes still encountering the note overlap bug when sequencing multiple plugins from Hapax. workaround is to map key range for each plugin (and transpose as needed) to keep them from triggering the identical notes but obviously not ideal
By S1000RR Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:20 pm
Not to pile on, running 2.11.8 I've seen issues with 1) recording overlapping notes from external MIDI devices and 2) while recording multiple channels, a note-off on one channel (e.g. a C1 on channel 12) truncating the duration of the same note on a different channel (e.g C1 on channel 13). My workaround is to map the overlapping notes a couple of octaves down and then manually transpose the notes back up after recording. I ended up hacking up a program (based on portmidi) that sits between the MIDI source (a Motif XS rack) and the MPCX. Ugly, but it works.
By michel93 Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:49 am
My BUG:

With the version 2.11 up I have one problem its disgusting for me.

at the version 2.10 it works well.
So when im playing live an I want upload a new "kid, synth, what ever" while im playing every time the live play mode stops by itselfe =

So you can't play live (keep the beat running) and upload and other sample.
the problem is I use the Mpc with a external clock - so the whole process need stop/start that every thing is in the same clock again.

Is this a BUG ? some one has an idea pls !!