MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:26 pm
Seems like it doesn't name the Chopped Program with a "CH" on the end of it anymore. Which is good
By Monotremata Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:24 pm
40Beatz wrote:Seems like it doesn't name the Chopped Program with a "CH" on the end of it anymore. Which is good

Ooooh good catch! I didnt even think of that but when I made my chopped up Amen last night, you're right, it didnt add the ch at the end and just called it Amen 1 this time.
By Järtecken Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:10 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Järtecken wrote:There used to be a folder icon in Main Mode top bar, next to the project name. Clicking this icon revealed options to Export and ALS Export. The folder icon is not visible anymore and I can't find these two options anymore either. I used this to export to stems, now I'm not sure how to do that anymore.

I'm I missing something obvious?

Yes, MENU > PROJECT

Thank you for the reply, it does show the same content but it does not have the Export options available, at least not on the MPC X.

I eventually found that if I go to Menu > Save, they have updated that window to present the export options (the one I was looking for is called Audio Mixdown now) that used to be under the folder icon. I'm just so used to hitting SHIFT + BROWSE to save that I never had a reason to use the menu option.
Last edited by Järtecken on Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kevbr0wn Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:14 pm
I downloaded the day it came out just out of curiosity. I have the previous os backed up so I gave it a shot on the firmware... 1st thing I usually do is load up older beats to see if they still play correctly. Some beats played normal. Some not so much. Certain sounds programmed in my seq would drop out unexpectedly... After loading a few more beats just to make sure I'm not trippin I went back to 2.10.1 and everything plays normal again. I sincerely thought akai would do a 2.10.2 just for bug fixes. They used to do that. I guess I'm old now and those days are gone. Anyway I'm gonna stay with 2.10.1 which has a few bugs here and there... (that mute bug is annoying) but for the most part it's fine for what I'm doing. I wonder if the keyboard is just as buggy.
By WINTEC Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:47 pm
I am using MPC One. After loading a new project and you go to Pad perform in "note mode" the notes played are octaves above the "chromatic mode" and in order to get it fixed you have to go to "octaves" section and carry it to the maximum then turn it back down, when you do this it somehow fixes it self. Has anyone else experienced this problem (not a game changer but annoying)?
By BostonGreen Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:58 pm
WINTEC wrote:I am using MPC One. After loading a new project and you go to Pad perform in "note mode" the notes played are octaves above the "chromatic mode" and in order to get it fixed you have to go to "octaves" section and carry it to the maximum then turn it back down, when you do this it somehow fixes it self. Has anyone else experienced this problem (not a game changer but annoying)?

Yes, a few of us have mentioned this here
By mrmarbury Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 pm
MPC X - When I try to log in to the inMusic account in Standalone (Prefs -> Activate Plugins) it times out after 5 Minutes and tells me to connect to WiFi again (which I made sure I was prior to logging in) then when I go to WiFi to reconnect it forgot my networks and all of their passwords.
By giacecco Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:55 pm
Bug: MIDI notes are lost from external devices

Tested with firmware 2.11.2 on MPC X.

To reproduce:
1) Setup an external sequencer to send notes to at least two channels, say MIDI 1 and 2, and connect with either USB or MIDI DIN.
2) Play both tracks. The MPC will lose some of the notes from channel 2 (say 1 in 5)
3) Mute channel 1. The MPC will lose fewer notes from channel 2 (say, 1 in 10)
4) Do the same sending the notes to a DAW on a Mac, and no notes are lost.

If the DAW had the same issue, I would have thought that the problem was elsewhere.
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:18 pm
Is it ok to revert to the previous version?

Sorry for posting twice before my 1st post got approved but this is stressing me out haha...

It seems the new firmware update has broken keygroups. There is now a really loud clicking/popping sound which occurs randomly, no matter whether using note on or one shot mode in mono. However it is REALLY bad when in one shot mode. No amount of dialling in ADSR settings or changing the end points fixes this either. The clip/pop actually occurs after the transient of the next triggered sample, which is extra strange, and it is slightly different every time it triggers.

I loaded up a project from yesterday just to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid, and compared it to an export I thankfully did... project now has the clipping/popping, export does not.

I also think it has messed up looping samples, as the one I tried from yesterday sounded completely wrong today. It was the Akai S950 test tone, which yesterday looped perfectly and sounded great, today, looped incorrectly and sounded insanely distorted (not sure if things are loading in louder or that level issue was some kind of user error tbh, but super odd)...

To add to that... It just asked me if I wanted to install 2.11 when I booted it on, clicked yes (already have it installed of course so figured it may be a patch for bugs)... got a fatal error, tapped screen, rebooted, same question if I want to install... So strange.

Take me baaaaaack! lol :Sigh:
By Hanky Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:32 pm
Anyone notice in 2.11 that when using the looper, export to programme and specifying a pad doesn't seem to work anymore.
Bit of show stopper for the looper workflow...!
By Bradley Smith Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:51 pm
giacecco wrote:Bug: MIDI notes are lost from external devices

Tested with firmware 2.11.2 on MPC X.

To reproduce:
1) Setup an external sequencer to send notes to at least two channels, say MIDI 1 and 2, and connect with either USB or MIDI DIN.
2) Play both tracks. The MPC will lose some of the notes from channel 2 (say 1 in 5)
3) Mute channel 1. The MPC will lose fewer notes from channel 2 (say, 1 in 10)
4) Do the same sending the notes to a DAW on a Mac, and no notes are lost.

If the DAW had the same issue, I would have thought that the problem was elsewhere.

I fed 4 channels of midi in from Music-X on an Amiga over Midi Din. 525 midi events in total and it captured all of them. I will test further though because I don't trust the midi on this currently.