MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:02 pm
Cool cool, thanks! I just wasn't sure since there's extra content/synth stuff too with this one and don't want to brick it. I'm still very new to the new line of MPCs. The last one I used before the live is the 2k haha.

I messaged Akai about the bug too. Unless I'm missing something though, keygroups are totally unusable in mono mode now.

Could anyone give it a try to replicate it please?

-Load a sound to a keygroup (Sine wave would probably make it most obvious)
-Set to mono
-Play sound on pads = no clipping
-Play sequence of the sounds = random yet constant clipping
By jabberwalky Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:04 pm
kiddles wrote:Cool cool, thanks! I just wasn't sure since there's extra content/synth stuff too with this one and don't want to brick it. I'm still very new to the new line of MPCs. The last one I used before the live is the 2k haha.

I messaged Akai about the bug too. Unless I'm missing something though, keygroups are totally unusable in mono mode now.

Could anyone give it a try to replicate it please?

-Load a sound to a keygroup (Sine wave would probably make it most obvious)
-Set to mono
-Play sound on pads = no clipping
-Play sequence of the sounds = random yet constant clipping

Would be really hard to test this, you could just post your project somewhere for people to try. Your samples could be of various gain settings.
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:09 pm
It does it with any sample I load to a keygroup and play in mono, so should be super easy to replicate. But I can make a project with just a sine wave and a sequence to illustrate it if needed. Cheers
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:11 pm
On another note I see someone said on here there's a 2.11.2 but I can't seem to locate it. Maybe this fixes the issue, so would like to try that before a downgrade. Any idea where to find it? The one I just grabbed off the site is named 2.11.1
By 40Beatz Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:17 pm
I aint messin with that 2.11.2 just yet lol. I'm good on 2.11.1
By jabberwalky Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:18 pm
Track View: Having some plugin instruments going> Double tap plugin name to select a new plugin> Select Opx4> Doesn't change to OPx4. You can switch to any other plugin from here.

You can also go to main view on the track, and switch the plugin from there.

Just more odd behavior. These things reek of rushed software by inexperienced people.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:04 pm
kiddles wrote:It seems the new firmware update has broken keygroups. There is now a really loud clicking/popping sound which occurs randomly, no matter whether using note on or one shot mode in mono.

I did report a bug that sounds similar, programs set to 'mono' playback now click and pop whenever two notes overlap. I've compared it to 2.10.1 and the overlaps are smooth there. Actually it's in DRUM programs as well, it's just that it's not so obvious with drums, but switch to a mono bass tone in 16 levels and you'll hear it.

Basically makes mono programs unusable, can't find a workaround (tried mute groups on the off chance, didn't work).
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:08 pm
Yeah, however it also happens when I have it set to note on and have all the midi notes end before the next note so nothing ever overlaps. And like I say it actually happens AFTER the initial transient of the next triggered note. So it's a bit as though it's double triggering or something, similarly to what you would get trying to play a chord in Bassline as that's a mono synth... I wonder if there's overlap between these 2 problems.
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:10 pm
The thing is it only happens in sequence, when I play the pads it seems totally fine, it's VERY strange
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:17 pm
Yeah same but I wish I hadn't activated my OPX4 trial already, woops. Also kinda scared it will mess it up because that stuff is installed now? Did anyone try reverting after a similar new plugin etc was added? Dunno why, but I'm scared of bricking the machine hahaha
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:30 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You can go back to 2.10, it will just completely ignore those new synths.

Ah nice one, thanks :) I might mess around with OPX4 a bit first and then revert, as I do like that one from my initial thoughts. Do wish it was priced a little more sensibly than being as high or higher than the current available top of the line VSTs, which tbf I also think are a bit overpriced if I'm honest haha. For the others the price seems a little more accptable imo, since it's essentially like Kontakt libraries for your MPC...Anyhow, rambling now, sorry.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:42 pm
BostonGreen wrote:2.11 pad perform with baseline plugin bug.
Load baseline
Select pad perform
Pad 1 is automatically set to C2, to get it to go to lower than C0 you need to stab the octave+ button all the way up to C8, then back down again to get to C-2 (if you just try to go down without going up, it only goes down to C0, not C-1 or C-2)

Pad perform is initially defaulting to bank C. Set to bank A and you shouldn't need to use the octave+ button hack.