MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mega B Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:12 pm
Mega B wrote:Duplicate and Duplicate to Track is broken when using plugin instruments.
check it out

choose any plugin instrument you like, any or your own preset.
tweak it
duplicate it

see what you get

it doesnt make like normaly before a 1:1 duplication as it does for example on keygroup programs
it just gives you a copy of the preset as it is saved
By MPC-Tutor Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:29 pm
Yes, confirmed and reported.

Mega B wrote:
Mega B wrote:Duplicate and Duplicate to Track is broken when using plugin instruments.
check it out

choose any plugin instrument you like, any or your own preset.
tweak it
duplicate it

see what you get

it doesnt make like normaly before a 1:1 duplication as it does for example on keygroup programs
it just gives you a copy of the preset as it is saved
By chrismayall Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:41 pm
Hello,

Got a MIDI themed bug. I've got a Nord Stage 3 which outputs MIDI on channels 1 and 2, either simultaneously or once at a time.

Running this through the MPC 2.11.3 via the midi input port.

Track 1 is set to MIDI input + output 1.
Track 2 is set to MIDI input + output 2.

...then running it out of the MPC midi output to a midi splitter, with synths set to receive channels 1 and 2.

It plays and monitors as it should when the nord sends channel 1 OR 2, but if both channels are sent in simultaneously, the MPC only processes channel 1.
Only the monitor on track 1 of the MPC is affected, and only the synth on channel 1 makes a noise.

The midi log is showing note on and note off for channels 1 and 2 simultaneously.

I've tried testing it with the nord directly to midi splitter - works fine.

Anyone else had this problem, or know of any workarounds?

Thanks
Chris

Any ideas?
By Mega B Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:05 am
Got another one.
a pretty nasty one

the vocal doubler causes complete audio freezing

here is a lill tutorial to reproduce:

(please put the limter on the main out bus)

*default kick drum plugin instrument (inside plugin, level at 100%)
* insert the default air limiter with -3DB ceiling on the 4th insert on the plugin track
* run a sequence one or two bars like 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 &
* put the vocal doubler in the plugintrack insert before the limiter
default preset, 8voices, full stereo spread, 0 timing
* ... give it a minute or so

its also doable without the limiter in the plugintrack insert, then one can see how the vocal doubler seem to shoot the transients through the roof. after a while it will completley shoot all up and freeze.

very interesting when considering this threads last page
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=211851
By giacecco Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:36 am
I believe this is not recorded yet: on my 2.11.3 MPC-X MIDI learn seems to be working only when connecting devices using Bluetooth. Doing the same with USB does nothing or causes unexpected behavior.

E.g. if you go to the MIDI Learn settings page, I see some of the faders of my Korg nanoKontrol Studio turning on a few of the lights corresponding to buttons on the MPC-X, such as

- the second fader from the left (CC 3?) activates NEXT SEQ
- the third (CC 4) activates TRACK MUTE
- the fifth (CC 6) activates PROG EDIT
... and more

If you exit MIDI Learn, the respective functionality is not activated (e.g., the third fader does not mute the current track).

Does it make any sense to you? It's a bug, right? Thanks!

G.
By giacecco Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:04 am
Another MIDI learn bug than the one I posted earlier today.

When connecting multiple Bluetooth MIDI controllers, the MPC seems to ignore the devices' MIDI channel number and always learns the message as associated to channel 1. This means that the controllers will "step on each other's feet", e.g. moving a fader on one controller may be seen as turning a knob on another if their CC is the same.

This has happened to me using a Korg nanoKEY Studio on channel 8 and a Korg nanoKontrol Studio on channel 9.
By BostonGreen Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:11 am
Is it me, or is the threshold option in chop mode is absolutely useless. It was bad before update, now it's unusable.

Threshold set to zero and get half a dozen chops.
By Monotremata Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:09 pm
BostonGreen wrote:Is it me, or is the threshold option in chop mode is absolutely useless. It was bad before update, now it's unusable.

Threshold set to zero and get half a dozen chops.

Yeah I think 2.10 (might have been 2.9) broke it? Over here, it does this thing where once you turn it up past about 50%, it starts removing slices and freaking out. Its almost like it works up to halfway and then starts wrapping back around and removing them. Totally forgot about that, when it first started here, I just went to manually chopping and got in the habit of that.
By BerryVery Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:41 pm
kb420ps wrote:
BerryVery wrote:Yup, I have the same thing. At first I thought I went nuts or it would be a hardware thing, but indeed since the 2.11 update, the datawheel jumps in steps of 2. Also, for example when auditioning samples.

This really impacts my workflow... :(

Thanks for responding. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one. So, it's definitely a bug. The crazy thing is, I don't even use "Controller Mode" much. I really just opened it to see if the new update would connect correctly. I can't believe Akai missed that. It's so obvious that there's no way that anyone tested the new update with the X in "Controller Mode".

I have an update.

Since the bug stayed present in 2.11.2 and 2.11.3 I contacted AKAI support about it. After some back-and-forth (try reinstall, etc, blabla) they confirmed today that they have been able to replicate the issue for 2.11.3 on their MPC X device (in controller mode) and that they will work on a solution.

I hope they will release a new patch that includes this solution soon.

For now, the workaround for me is to use the +/- buttons, which will get you where you want to, albeit a bit slower and with the risk you forget to do that, so you end up with unused tracks and sequences, messing up your workflow.
By Wul Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:37 pm
giacecco wrote:I believe this is not recorded yet: on my 2.11.3 MPC-X MIDI learn seems to be working only when connecting devices using Bluetooth. Doing the same with USB does nothing or causes unexpected behavior.

E.g. if you go to the MIDI Learn settings page, I see some of the faders of my Korg nanoKontrol Studio turning on a few of the lights corresponding to buttons on the MPC-X, such as

- the second fader from the left (CC 3?) activates NEXT SEQ
- the third (CC 4) activates TRACK MUTE
- the fifth (CC 6) activates PROG EDIT
... and more

If you exit MIDI Learn, the respective functionality is not activated (e.g., the third fader does not mute the current track).

Does it make any sense to you? It's a bug, right? Thanks!

G.

The problem with midi learn at the moment is caused by the random selection of a global midi template, I’ve posted about it before. You can see it doing it if you monitor the .config file.
I have got round it by deleting all the factory templates and leaving my own template which uses channel 16 .
Ssh enabled firmware or Hakai needed though
By researchintospeed Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:54 pm
Update/Solved: Behaviour seems related to other posts about Bank selection defaults etc. I changed the Pad Perform bank to A, saved the project, project now loads with Track Mute Bank A.

Also updated to 2.11.3 didn't change the behaviour.

Original post below for context.

Bank selection in Track Mute view defaults to Bank B:

On start up and load (and also when navigating away from Track Mute to any other view and back again) the Track Mute screen defaults to Bank B

Save project with last selected Track Mute being Bank A.

Cycle power, Load project (or stay power on and load from Browser)
Screen displays:
Sequence 01 - :)
Track Mute view - :)
Track Mute Bank B - :(

Set Track Mute view to Bank A
Press: Menu > Channel Mixer (or any other view option) > Menu > Track Mute... view is back to Bank B

Standalone / 2.11.2.

Guess I could try 2.11.3.
By kb420ps Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:44 am
BerryVery wrote:I have an update.

Since the bug stayed present in 2.11.2 and 2.11.3 I contacted AKAI support about it. After some back-and-forth (try reinstall, etc, blabla) they confirmed today that they have been able to replicate the issue for 2.11.3 on their MPC X device (in controller mode) and that they will work on a solution.

I hope they will release a new patch that includes this solution soon.

For now, the workaround for me is to use the +/- buttons, which will get you where you want to, albeit a bit slower and with the risk you forget to do that, so you end up with unused tracks and sequences, messing up your workflow.

Wow!!! Tech support actually responded to you??????????????

I put in a support ticket back on June 25th, which was actually two days after 2.11 was released, and they STILL have not responded to my tech support ticket. I just figured they simply had NO desire to fix the problem. Out of the current MPC line, the X is the oldest. The Live has been updated to version 2 and the MPC One is newer, and both of those seem to work and aren't having this issue.

To be honest, I've lost all faith in Akai Tech Support. It wouldn't matter if they responded now or not. Waiting two months for ANY feedback or correspondence is just ridiculous.
By kb420ps Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:32 pm
Software Version 2.11.4.10 and Firmware version 2.11.4 are now available for download. I installed them on my computer and MPC X, and the Controller Mode Data Dial bug on the MPC X is STILL there. The problem has still not been fixed, and tech support still has not responded to the ticket I created back on June 25th.
By enzyme Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:43 am
Not really a bug per se, but I'm finding it annoying that the new shortcuts tab on the left of the screen covers up the first little bit of any waveform I'm editing. Its relatively simple to work around but annoying having to do it.