MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Boosire Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:48 pm
Is everyone else still dealing with the clicks and pops appearing only when chops are played in the sequence and not when you jam on your pads ?

Any workaround has been found since ?
By Crumb$ Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:23 am
I don't update very often but just wanted to check... I'm on 2.11.8 using an MPC Live. Is there any good reason to update to 12?
By Domas Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:04 pm
Domas wrote:Just got an MPC Key 61. Software 2.12.1 Control surface 1.39.
When I play it sometimes doesn't notice keynote presses. It happens enough that it isn't really useful to me. Is this a known glitch?
Thanks,
Dom

UPDATE: I am sending it back :( It's either faulty or a bug that may never get fixed.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:42 pm
Domas wrote:
Domas wrote:Just got an MPC Key 61. Software 2.12.1 Control surface 1.39.
When I play it sometimes doesn't notice keynote presses. It happens enough that it isn't really useful to me. Is this a known glitch?
Thanks,
Dom

UPDATE: I am sending it back :( It's either faulty or a bug that may never get fixed.

If it's not consistent then it's absolutely a fault. If it's consistently not picking up very light touches then perhaps fixable via the sensitivity controls. But ultimately it the keys don't have the action you require then maybe consider a different MPC combined with a separate controller.
By Domas Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:50 pm
"If it's not consistent then it's absolutely a fault. If it's consistently not picking up very light touches" ...
Sadly they are full on not light :( It's my first MPC so is really off putting. Maybe it is just a hardware fault? They will send me a replacement I think.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:59 pm
Domas wrote:"If it's not consistent then it's absolutely a fault. If it's consistently not picking up very light touches" ...
Sadly they are full on not light :( It's my first MPC so is really off putting. Maybe it is just a hardware fault? They will send me a replacement I think.

Send it back to the retailer, don't bother with Akai support for any kind of 'dead on arrival' issues, it's the retailer's responsibility and most of them will refund or exchange without any hassle. What you don't want to do is accept a repair or 'investigation', just tell the retailer it's not working properly and you want a new one or a refund. Companies like Andertons will pick it up and refund the next day.
By Domas Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:30 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Send it back to the retailer, don't bother with Akai support for any kind of 'dead on arrival' issues...

Thank you. Appreciate the advice.
By Domas Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:49 pm
I had notes not playing when I hit them but seems okay now after I deleted the project and started again. I am new to the MPC Key 61 so no idea why. Was sending it back but find it quite awesome when it works well. The keybed isn't my favorite but maybe something to improve for the MKII :)
By Domas Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:19 pm
No further issues here and have to say this is the best workstation that I ever owned. I loved my Oasys but it wasn't fun to make songs on. The Akai is so much more immediate and user friendly. Just fantastic and so glad I stuck with it. So basically I have zero bug reports.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:20 pm
Domas wrote:No further issues here and have to say this is the best workstation that I ever owned. I loved my Oasys but it wasn't fun to make songs on. The Akai is so much more immediate and user friendly. Just fantastic and so glad I stuck with it. So basically I have zero bug reports.

Glad you got it all sorted. Don't worry, you'll find some bugs soon! :smoker:
By Boosire Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:40 am
Is everyone else still dealing with the clicks and pops appearing only when chops are played in the sequence and not when you jam on your pads ?

Any workaround has been found since ?
By EastDevil Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:14 pm
I have the MPC Live 2 with 2.12 (I have also tried the 2.11 with same results).

I noticed that when I play a drum beat with kick+snare, occasionally, one of the beat sound gets "distorted" as in it seems like it was not played completely (or as if as it choked on that note). It will be ok immediately after and then occasionally it happened again. Sometimes it takes longer before it happens and sometimes it happens more often for a short moment and it's okay for a while. Anybody know what happened?
By B-Wise Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:26 am
EastDevil wrote:I have the MPC Live 2 with 2.12 (I have also tried the 2.11 with same results).

I noticed that when I play a drum beat with kick+snare, occasionally, one of the beat sound gets "distorted" as in it seems like it was not played completely (or as if as it choked on that note). It will be ok immediately after and then occasionally it happened again. Sometimes it takes longer before it happens and sometimes it happens more often for a short moment and it's okay for a while. Anybody know what happened?

Something like this may only happen when the same exact sample is being played at the sametime. Maybe try using sample offset in the program editor by delaying one of them just little & see is that helps. But this shouldn't be happening. :hmmm: