MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By re201 Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:19 pm
I only had time to do one quick test but it looks like the hardware MIDI OUT port assignment inconsistency problem is still there, which means if you save a project in the software with a MIDI track assigned to MIDI out "MPC A", then load it in standalone, the track will show a greyed out "MPC Live Port 1" and you have to manually re-select MPC A for the track to send MIDI data.

Not a huge bug but still kind of annoying for those who use both software and standalone. The port assignments used to be totally consistent until 2.8 and it's been broken since then.

(Tested on an MPC Live mk1)
By zangetsu01 Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:41 pm
No improvement on external audio interface support. Still getting pops and clicks on my Iconnectivity Audio4C. Guess it's to hard to add a few drop down menu's in the audio device settings menu to let us choose the buffer size. I've checked the default buffer size in the hw_params in the MPC that's given to the Audio4C. It's 256 and it needs to be reduced..!!
By Wul Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:51 pm
This is a good one
On Mpc one the first few step sequencer sliders will only go to max 98%
What kind of slack developing and testing let’s that slip through.
By Bradley Smith Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:20 pm
Best get this down again in the bugs thread then:

Requirements:
MPC
Standalone Midi Controller set to output on midi channel 1

Steps to reproduce:
1. New project
2. Track1 - Tubesynth-Rich swell, midi in channel 1, midi out none, Merge mode
3. Track 2, add plugin program, choose Atomic pluck, midi input none, midi output none, merge mode
4. Make track 2 active
5. Trigger a note with external midi controller and keep held down
6. Hit same note on MPC pad

Expected result: Both sounds can be heard
Actual result: Hitting pad on MPC produces no sound

Second test:
1. Hold pad on MPC
2. Play same note on external controller

Expected result: Both sounds can be heard
Actual result: Hitting key on external controller has no effect and produces no sound

This is the report I'll send to Akai

EDIT: Ticket raised.
By Wul Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:35 pm
Good news for a change , they appear to have cured the long standing .akp import crash.
By Monotremata Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:14 pm
Wul wrote:Good news for a change , they appear to have cured the long standing .akp import crash.

What was that?? I have a ton of my old sample cd's converted to AKP and use them all the time, even have a bunch of EMU ones that were converted with CDXtract. They dont always translate correctly and sometimes I have to go in and fix envelopes and whatnot, but never had a crash opening one. They just work like xpm's do here.
By jabberwalky Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:17 pm
Key zones/splits are welcome. Also great to see that visible on the track page!

Opx4 has some great sounds, and more features than I expected, but jeez is that UI just boring! Varying shades of greys with buttons & knobs that you can barely pick out from the backdrop.....why?

Guess we'll see how this one pans out. Glad they fixed that annoying autosampling + FX bug! Reporting bugs does work......eventually!
By Djktf Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:13 pm
Yoooooo fwiw, just tried to reload the first beat I made using 2.11 and got a project with no MIDI tracks (programs/plugins or MIDI sequences) audio tracks saved (not even the names I gave em; all "unused") BUT all the samples I used and the recorded audio are loaded in the project. Happen to anyone else yet? Using MPC One, updated firmware via standalone USB, data saved on 32GB SD card... Haven't tried to replicate yet, still mourning the loss of this fiiiiire beat. Haven't loaded any 2.10 beats yet either... eek
By Certified Beatz Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:22 pm
Just tried a random sample I chopped and wanted to make a key group.. it doesn't clip when the original chop is created but after creating a key group getting pops and clicks with just one sound loaded?
By kiddles Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:42 am
Also getting the clipping/popping sound, and it's random, ie it doesn't happen every time and is different every time it does happen/ the sequence repeats. It's happening after the transient too, rather than at the start of the sample which is super weird... I recorded the loop a few times and had a look at the audio.
By jabberwalky Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:13 am
When people that buy the MPC Key 61, a semi-weighted keyboard with AFTERTOUCH, realize that keygroup programs do not interact with aftertouch in any way... that should be fun. Unless they fixed it for those keys specifically.

Midi keyboards still do nothing with aftertouch in keygroup programs.