MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kb420ps Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:03 pm
40Beatz wrote:We're the Beta Testers

Well, if that's the reality, then Akai could at least have a better way of reporting bugs.

I beta test for Ableton, and they have their own dedicated forum for it, and a specific "Bug Report" link. When you find a bug, you just report it, and you can post it on the forum to see if it is a "repeatable" bug and it can be verified by other users. Once it's verified, it gets ticketed, and fixed in the next update. I don't know if Akai has this at all. I reported this bug to tech support 4 or 5 days ago, and they haven't responded to me at ALL. I tried to contact them on Instagram and Facebook, and the Instagram account sent me a link to tech support. I mean, they could at least let me know that they have seen my report, but I got NOTHIN' from them so far.
By Monotremata Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:08 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, pad perform is now always 'on' for any melodic program, with a default of chromatic, this is not a bug. I'm not sure about the decision for chromatic instead of 'custom' as the default, although at least it starts you off on a more sensible octave on pad bank A. My assumption is that this seems to be catering for people who were struggling with the idea that a melodic program always started on C-2 on pad A01, i.e. unusable notes.

'Custom' at least retains any custom pad colors you might have pre-configured. Remember pad perform settings are saved in your project, so once configured for that project they will remain at your preferred setting. Set a project template with your preferred options as well.

With Pad Perform always on, even in custom mode, it ignores the pad color settings. If you have Pad Color set to anything that reacts by velocity, it throws everything out the window except whatever color is set for 127 velocity and that color stays lit all the time. When you start playing notes, no matter what color is set, it lights up green, and it also highlights every octave of the same note you're playing, on top of having to adjust the key mapping.. Its like the scale setting is still applying somewhat since it lights up the octaves. I had to turn the colors off altogether and now I just get the green LED's now when I play anything.

For a device that built its reputation on being quick with muscle memory, Akai basically just **** everything up for those of us that have gotten it down after a few years and now we have to remap everything to go back to what we know. The octave thing is really annoying because you cant tell which note is playing in your sequence since all the notes are lighting up when it plays. Guessing most of us aren't going to be touching the menu rearrangement too since a lot of that is now embedded into our brains after 3-4 years of working on these.
By BeatWilson Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:32 pm
Too many bugs for me to care to update... I'll wait for the next one at this point... I didnt buy my X to be Kontakt, I bought it to be a MPC. I knew if they added a ton of stuff they would possibly "break-it" at this point I'm over it. I got a SP404mk2 should be here in a couple days... At this point I can make music on anything but updating to re-learn workflow time and time again it annoying... Even on older updates if I was on Program edit and edited a parameter and just hit a pad, it would send the curser to a different parameter and now(since 2.10 or something) it does that making the editing pads experience worse.. Even copy and pasting pads has more of a lag/delay to it than before, probably because of the bloated crap they added. They still dont have a Select All in Grid mode... I dont understand how they miss this shit....
By fmq75 Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:55 pm
KaoticShock wrote:Anyone come across a bug in the Drum synth? When using the Multi, channel 6 doesn't correlate correctly to the selected instrument. The Instrument still shows Kick, even though I change it.

I can confirm this.Also,half the edit functions are gone (except for the ninety model) like“harm,click,noise“ etc and if i want to select another instrument on that channel,it opens a window („Mix“) with a weird long list percentage number.

Thats a nasty one…the drum multi is one of my favorites

edit:the channel shows“kick“ but in fact its the tom in a default set (in oneof my sets it should be the hihat but the sound is always the tom)
Last edited by fmq75 on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 40Beatz Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:04 pm
kb420ps wrote:Well, if that's the reality, then Akai could at least have a better way of reporting bugs.

I beta test for Ableton, and they have their own dedicated forum for it, and a specific "Bug Report" link. When you find a bug, you just report it, and you can post it on the forum to see if it is a "repeatable" bug and it can be verified by other users. Once it's verified, it gets ticketed, and fixed in the next update. I don't know if Akai has this at all. I reported this bug to tech support 4 or 5 days ago, and they haven't responded to me at ALL. I tried to contact them on Instagram and Facebook, and the Instagram account sent me a link to tech support. I mean, they could at least let me know that they have seen my report, but I got NOTHIN' from them so far.

There was an Independent Forum that Akai heavily Frequented couple years ago. It went from a Helping Community into a B*tchFest. These dudes got people fired over there at Akai.
Luckily, MPC-Forums is more Independent with more seasoned moderators. You have a better chance of Akai addressing any bugs, here in this Forum versus trying to contact Akai directly
By radzmar Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:14 pm
Hi, I'm facing a weird behavior with 2.11.1 . Here's my setup:
On MPC One there are 3 tracks. All of them receiving midi from a Digitone Keys connected via an USB-Hub (Overhub).
Track 1 receiving on channel 5 and sending it on channel 5 to a Hydrasynth.
Track 2 and 3 receiving on channel 7 and 8 and playing an individual instance of the Hype plugin.
The thing is, track 2 is only playing the Hype as long there is no incoming midi on track one. The moment the MPC receiving midi on channel 5, the playing of track 2 stops.
In the midi monitor I can see that midi messages are still received on channel 5, 7 and 8, so I guess the problem lays within the MPC.
Any ideas?
By DET1200 Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:14 pm
kb420ps wrote:I've come across a bug in Controller Mode.
I'm using a MPC X on a Windows 11 computer.
Firmware and Software Version 2.11.2

In Controller Mode when trying to switch sequences or tracks, the Data Dial on the MPC X will only work in increments of 2. In other words, if you are on Sequence 1, and attempt to switch to Sequence 2, you can't do it. The Data Dial will only allow you to got to Sequence 3, 5, etc. It does the same thing when trying to switch tracks. If you use the "-" or "+" buttons, you can still switch sequences/tracks in increments of 1, but the Data Dial will only work in increments of 2. Like I said earlier, this only happens in Controller Mode.

Standalone works like it is supposed to.
Have any of you run in to this bug?

Here is a short video demonstrating the bug.

I haven't noticed this one myself, but controller mode in general went a bit crazy on me. Like a ghost was changing stuff (the screen on the MPC went to random pages) and moments of unresponsiveness for the main jog wheel.
I wonder if it's a driver issue. When updating the software (after I'd updated the MPC One via USB) I noticed it downloaded a new driver, though I really haven't the confidence to try to roll back to the old driver (is that possible?) for fear of messing up even further.
By fmq75 Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:21 pm
Just to summarize the drumsynth multi bug.

MPC hardware 2.11.2
new empty project,one drmsynth multi loaded

Channel 6 is always the tom sound and it‘s not possible to change it to any other instrument.the instrument selction menu is now just a“mix“ window with a long list of % numbers

if you open a set where you changed the tom to something different: it will shows the name and graphics (i.e“kick“) but sound and edit functions is still the tom.

Easy to reproduce,I did sent this to akai as well.
By KaoticShock Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:20 pm
fmq75 wrote:
KaoticShock wrote:Anyone come across a bug in the Drum synth? When using the Multi, channel 6 doesn't correlate correctly to the selected instrument. The Instrument still shows Kick, even though I change it.

I can confirm this.Also,half the edit functions are gone (except for the ninety model) like“harm,click,noise“ etc and if i want to select another instrument on that channel,it opens a window („Mix“) with a weird long list percentage number.

Thats a nasty one…the drum multi is one of my favorites

edit:the channel shows“kick“ but in fact its the tom in a default set (in oneof my sets it should be the hihat but the sound is always the tom)

It's really a shame because I was excited about using the new mute groups addition!

Alas......
"The bugs got us Johnny"

Time to get my Raid! :Sigh: :WTF:
By Lefty de Vito Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:16 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:2.11 pad perform with baseline plugin bug.
Load baseline
Select pad perform
Pad 1 is automatically set to C2, to get it to go to lower than C0 you need to stab the octave+ button all the way up to C8, then back down again to get to C-2 (if you just try to go down without going up, it only goes down to C0, not C-1 or C-2)
Pad perform is initially defaulting to bank C. Set to bank A and you shouldn't need to use the octave+ button hack.
This is not optimal.

It is my decision to set the bank to "A" in a track.
I have then already adjusted the octave for pad perform in Bank A to my taste (why shouldn't I?) because 99% of the time I am in bank A.
I do not need the software that think it's smart and filed a bug report to revert this behavior back to pre-2.11.
By Jawbrizza Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:38 am
kb420ps wrote:
40Beatz wrote:We're the Beta Testers

Well, if that's the reality, then Akai could at least have a better way of reporting bugs.

lol I reported an obvious bug to akai via their website and the message I got back told me it was an intended behaviour but I’m free to feature request it here on this forum because their team are always active in here. Everyone here clearly says akai hasn’t been active in literally years.

the issue is this,while playing when you solo a track then change sequence, as soon as you set the next one to play it unsolos. The solo button stays on. The solo light on the X stays on. But it’s not solo’d. It doesn’t even do it when the actual sequence changes. It does it as soon as you line up another sequence :Sigh: they said they tried it and can replicated it. But it’s intentional. How the **** is that intentional? The button is on but it’s not on :hmmm:

dear akai team who I’ve been assured are active on this forum. Get your shit together :fku: :fku:
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:23 am
MPC Software only: filter 'type' in program edit is one step out of sync, after 'low 8'.

If you try to set an 'MPC' low pass filter type in the MPC Software GUI, it actually applies a HIGH 1 filter. Try to apply a HIGH 2 filter in the GUI and it actually applies a HIGH 4.

If you are using a controller to set parameters it's not an issue as the controller is still showing the correct filter types. This is purely a visual issue in the MPC Software.
By Elcausito Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:11 pm
I've found another bug that I didn't see reported anywhere yet:

When you are receiving a MIDI-CLOCK signal, any attempt to load anything through the browser OR saving the project, will stop the playback.

This was confirmed by another user on Reddit.
By 1-8-8-1 Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:44 pm
Monotremata wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, pad perform is now always 'on' for any melodic program, with a default of chromatic, this is not a bug. I'm not sure about the decision for chromatic instead of 'custom' as the default, although at least it starts you off on a more sensible octave on pad bank A. My assumption is that this seems to be catering for people who were struggling with the idea that a melodic program always started on C-2 on pad A01, i.e. unusable notes.

'Custom' at least retains any custom pad colors you might have pre-configured. Remember pad perform settings are saved in your project, so once configured for that project they will remain at your preferred setting. Set a project template with your preferred options as well.

With Pad Perform always on, even in custom mode, it ignores the pad color settings. If you have Pad Color set to anything that reacts by velocity, it throws everything out the window except whatever color is set for 127 velocity and that color stays lit all the time. When you start playing notes, no matter what color is set, it lights up green, and it also highlights every octave of the same note you're playing, on top of having to adjust the key mapping.. Its like the scale setting is still applying somewhat since it lights up the octaves. I had to turn the colors off altogether and now I just get the green LED's now when I play anything.

For a device that built its reputation on being quick with muscle memory, Akai basically just **** everything up for those of us that have gotten it down after a few years and now we have to remap everything to go back to what we know. The octave thing is really annoying because you cant tell which note is playing in your sequence since all the notes are lighting up when it plays. Guessing most of us aren't going to be touching the menu rearrangement too since a lot of that is now embedded into our brains after 3-4 years of working on these.

Downloaded the 2.11 today, same issue on my MPC Live with pad mode.
Does no one test this stuff? (I mean really test it, not just knock out a couple of beats on it).
I found this issue 10 seconds after switching on.

What Akai need to know about quality is that there is no point adding "delighter" features to a product until the critical-to-quality stuff is completely right.

Its really surprising to see this being done wrong by what is for the industry, a big company.