MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:08 pm
Wul wrote:There’s a workaround for this, if you place the drumsynth content/ preset folders in the sdcard/synth folder the system picks these up instead of the bugged internal files.
You can also custom skin the drum synth with these files , and mess with the parameters and ranges too.
As it’s on the sd card you can’t break anything .

Yes it's possible to override the folders to these internal plugins (tubesynth, drum synth, electric etc) by creating a copy of their internal plugin folder on your SD card, however it isn't completely without issue, it's caused problems for me a couple of times with the MPC hanging for several minutes upon shutdown or on creation of a new project. Still investigating the exact cause.

No problems messing around with the folders for the synths that should be there on the SD card (solina, odyssey etc), only the ones that normally reside on the internal drive. Ultimately you are messing with the path to an internal resource, so the MPC probably doesn't have any failsafes when those paths suddenly disappear (e.g. ejecting the drive)
By Lampdog Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:23 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:MPC hanging for several minutes upon shutdown or on creation of a new project.

Since 2.11.x update this has happened alot on my mpc x. No content or anything out of the ordinary messed with, just outta the blue when shutting down or new project.
By LivePsy Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:55 pm
Kontaegis wrote:So I'm an unfortunate soul using the touch so I can't use the 2.10 down load trick I've heard about on here for the stand alone machines does anyone have a Mac version of the installer or know of a way I can get the 2.10 desktop version. I can't work with these clicks on my kicks in the drum programs totally kills any type of creativity. I swear ever since making the switch to software Akai has single handedly killed my hobby for me bout to just learn logic pro at this point FML ‍♂️

Go Logic Pro. It makes far more sense UI wise.
By twntyfive2life Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:53 pm
Kontaegis wrote:So I'm an unfortunate soul using the touch so I can't use the 2.10 down load trick I've heard about on here for the stand alone machines does anyone have a Mac version of the installer or know of a way I can get the 2.10 desktop version. I can't work with these clicks on my kicks in the drum programs totally kills any type of creativity. I swear ever since making the switch to software Akai has single handedly killed my hobby for me bout to just learn logic pro at this point FML ‍♂️

Check the wayback machine at archive.org, I got the 2.10 windows desktop software from there
By ancaja123 Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:57 pm
I apologize if this has been already stated, but since updating, when I sample something, and want to immediately assign it to a specified pad in a program, I will choose a pad assignment like normal it lights up. Then I go to the program and choose the pad and the sample is simply not there. Easy to assign from there, but it's a bit annoying.
By kb420ps Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:28 pm
The MPC X Data Dial {Controller Mode} bug is still there in 2.11.3.
By Adrien S Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:43 pm
Did anyone experience this with the new 2.11 update?

Each existing project that I open re-load the Akai & Air instruments plugins to default.
With the auto-save, that has completely wasted hours of work that I had spend on that project.

I cannot allow to waste any more projects.
I have just emailed Akai but I thought I'd also ask here just in case.

If no solution I will have to revert back to 2.10
By OriginalProducer Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:22 pm
when i turn on after update, it says that's there's new plug in available? where? does it talk about the payant?
By vwkountz Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:35 pm
2.11.3 update did not fix: in standalone when you load a project it does not load the purchased plugins. The work around is to load new projects >activate plugins >browse to project you wanted to open and it’s fine. Either add a activate plugins bottom to startup page or active them on start up. Some how my MPC X knew about the 2.11.3 update, but it cannot active my paid for plugins. :hmmm:
By Monotremata Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:55 pm
vwkountz wrote:2.11.3 update did not fix: in standalone when you load a project it does not load the purchased plugins. The work around is to load new projects >activate plugins >browse to project you wanted to open and it’s fine. Either add a activate plugins bottom to startup page or active them on start up. Some how my MPC X knew about the 2.11.3 update, but it cannot active my paid for plugins. :hmmm:

Wifi updates were introduced in 2,10, If you have wifi on, it will automatically search for updates at boot.
By guy.brown Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:53 pm
vwkountz wrote:2.11.3 update did not fix: in standalone when you load a project it does not load the purchased plugins. The work around is to load new projects >activate plugins >browse to project you wanted to open and it’s fine. Either add a activate plugins bottom to startup page or active them on start up. Some how my MPC X knew about the 2.11.3 update, but it cannot active my paid for plugins. :hmmm:

Yes, get this all the time. Very annoying!
By Soon Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:58 am
My Live 2 takes about 45 seconds to boot up after the 2.11 update. I had no issues on 2.10. I updated on Wi-Fi If that makes a difference. Today I updated to 2.11.3 still same issue.