MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:23 am
Might be a bug? Maybe I'm crazy??

Seems like Pad Perform is always on now? New track I started to check out 2.11 has a chopped up Amen drum program, and just a key group with a bass. When I made the key group the pads were the default color (that shit brown dim->velocity setting). I dont know if I hit something or what but for some reason Pad Perform turned on and either won't turn off or I cant remember how to shut it off. If I create a new keygroup, MIDI program or plugin program its on from the get go now. Its in Chromatic mode at least but it just won't turn off (I set it to chords and looked in the grid, this MF is always playing chords). I already trashed my preferences a couple times, and even just refreshed the update a little bit ago and right away, first keygroup I made, Pad Perform is on and the pads are all lit up for whatever scale is selected. Please tell me Im just braindead and forgot how to turn this shit off?
By BostonGreen Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:45 am
2.11 pad perform with baseline plugin bug.

Load baseline
Select pad perform
Pad 1 is automatically set to C2, to get it to go to lower than C0 you need to stab the octave+ button all the way up to C8, then back down again to get to C-2 (if you just try to go down without going up, it only goes down to C0, not C-1 or C-2)

This bug seems restricted to bassline plugin

Also, chords, progressions and chromatic chords play no sound whatsoever with bassline in pad perform.
This bug seems to be on Electric plugin as well as bassline
By Bradley Smith Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:06 am
BostonGreen wrote:2.11 pad perform with baseline plugin bug.

Load baseline
Select pad perform
Pad 1 is automatically set to C2, to get it to go to lower than C0 you need to stab the octave+ button all the way up to C8, then back down again to get to C-2 (if you just try to go down without going up, it only goes down to C0, not C-1 or C-2)

Also, chords, progressions and chromatic chords play no sound whatsoever with bassline in pad perform.

Cannot reproduce this one.
Clean project, Load bassline, pad perform. Pad 1 is C2 but I can scroll down to C2 immediately; no need to go up first.
By chrisroland Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:51 am
would have to reinstall 2.10 to determine if this is actually a bug in 2.11 but since upgrading, MPC appears to no longer receive MIDI note info on the first step of my Pyramid sequence. mapped a chopped loop to pads 1-8 and Pyramid is apparently receiving/transmitting with MPC correctly on the selected MIDI channel. but when I program a note on Pyramid to trigger pad A01's slice on the first step of a sequence, the slice doesn't play. but only the first step. if i program the note on the next available step, the slice will play. this was working fine last night with 2.10.
By pedro_oliveira1993 Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:06 am
I think Splice is also half broken. I can download the sounds but I only have the All Your Samples and Packs.

The Tag folder was the most useful to browse "effectively".
By BostonGreen Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:20 am
Bradley Smith wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:2.11 pad perform with baseline plugin bug.

Load baseline
Select pad perform

Cannot reproduce this one.
Clean project, Load bassline, pad perform. Pad 1 is C2 but I can scroll down to C2 immediately; no need to go up first.

Scrub the chord play, bassline is mono poly I'm guessing so only going to play a single note.

The pad/note allocation is weird though. I've just reloaded it in controller mode and it seems fine, load bassline, pad perform, pad 1 is c0 and hitting octave - twice takes it to C-2.

BUT

Switch to standalone and repeat the above ....

Open pad perform and pad 1 is c2. Hit octave - and it only goes as low as c0, to get c-1 or c-2 you have to hit octave + go to C8 then come back down again
By koralfx Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:33 am
Key Range Bug.
Of course they had to screw it up!

The key range in standard tracks view on sequences other than the first is incorrectly shown. Changing the key range value in sequences # 2, # 3 etc. - changes the value in sequence # 1.
Interestingly, setting the key range on new dedicated screen (which we enter through new Sound screen) works and shows correctly.

(MPC Live 1)
By Bradley Smith Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:02 am
Not a bug as such but when you go into the new Sounds page and select a keygroup etc. it loads that into a new slot and keeps doing that for every one you "preview". After a few minutes it hung when choosing a new item. I'm assuming because I had filled up the RAM, although the system said I hadn't. Anyway, once you've settled on a sound you have to AFAIK manually delete all the previous ones from the plugin program section.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:27 am
koralfx wrote:Key Range Bug.
Of course they had to screw it up!

The key range in standard tracks view on sequences other than the first is incorrectly shown. Changing the key range value in sequences # 2, # 3 etc. - changes the value in sequence # 1.
Interestingly, setting the key range on new dedicated screen (which we enter through new Sound screen) works and shows correctly.

(MPC Live 1)

I've just come across a buggy project that is causing issues in 'track view' with keyranges (setting them in the sounds > key range' page is fine), this is an older project from 2.8 days that has some custom MIDI input setting on it, I think it might be related.

But starting with a fresh project works fine in track edit so far, I think this bug needs other settings in place for it to be activated.

EDIT: Actually I'm getting it in fresh projects as well. The common thread seems 'copying sequences'. If I set up a single two track sequence and set keyranges, no problems. But if I set seq 1 with default key ranges, then copy seq 1 to seq 2, then try setting custom key ranges for seq 2 (via Sounds > keyranges), nothing doing (only visual splits, not audible). But, go back to seq 1 and the keyranges have been applied to that sequence instead!
By Dan Batts Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:34 am
I've got the pad perform bug too.
Going into pad perform where I have Notes/C/natural minor and Octave = 1 all selected, pad perform starts on C5, and yes I have to use the on screen octave +/- to go all the way up to octave 8 before the pads correspond to the chosen octave.
So I reset it all and then resaved my template, closed, reloaded template and whatdyaknow pad perform set to octave = 1 starts on C5. Cool bassline fun. (not really)
By BostonGreen Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:59 pm
Dan Batts wrote:I've got the pad perform bug too.
Going into pad perform where I have Notes/C/natural minor and Octave = 1 all selected, pad perform starts on C5, and yes I have to use the on screen octave +/- to go all the way up to octave 8 before the pads correspond to the chosen octave.
So I reset it all and then resaved my template, closed, reloaded template and whatdyaknow pad perform set to octave = 1 starts on C5. Cool bassline fun. (not really)

Yep, bug for sure. Controller mode seems fine though, so it's the new firmware at fault, rather than the MPC software
By Monotremata Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:28 pm
The octaves on Pad Perform here are kinda screwy too. So is anybody else seeing pad perform stay on all the time after you leave the screen? Any keygroup/MIDI track I make now automatically lights up all the pads for a C Major Scale (the default) and it does not go away. Even going in and changing the note mapping, pad color, etc, still stuck on Pad Perform. It was actually working fine the first time I fired it up after updating but something just went way wrong while working,
By Järtecken Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:53 pm
There used to be a folder icon in Main Mode top bar, next to the project name. Clicking this icon revealed options to Export and ALS Export. The folder icon is not visible anymore and I can't find these two options anymore either. I used this to export to stems, now I'm not sure how to do that anymore.

I'm I missing something obvious?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:23 pm
Järtecken wrote:There used to be a folder icon in Main Mode top bar, next to the project name. Clicking this icon revealed options to Export and ALS Export. The folder icon is not visible anymore and I can't find these two options anymore either. I used this to export to stems, now I'm not sure how to do that anymore.

I'm I missing something obvious?

Yes, MENU > PROJECT