MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Selahl Tapes Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:27 am
Anyone else experiencing a Sustain pedal bug? I’m on Keys 61, press and release sustain pedal notes stick when playing, unplug and plug it back in works as normal. Hold pedal to sustain. It’s a strange one
By Bradley Smith Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:38 pm
jamos wrote:Yeah. The solo/mute nonsense has hit me many times, most recently today. I solo'd a track, changed sequence, unsolo'd the track, and suddenly a program was muted.

So if I solo a track that has an MPC synth on it then it correctly solos the track. If I solo anythign that is triggering an external synth then instead of soloing that track it instead mutes everything. Is this a similar issue to what is being discussed here?
By Selahl Tapes Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:02 am
Selahl Tapes wrote:Anyone else experiencing a Sustain pedal bug? I’m on Keys 61, press and release sustain pedal notes stick when playing, unplug and plug it back in works as normal. Hold pedal to sustain. It’s a strange one

User error, polarity in keyboard control was set to auto instead of positive
By Wul Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:00 pm
2.12 a full point update with **** all in it , they are taking the **** piss cunts.
By Kwerky Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:01 am
Wul wrote:2.12 a full point update with **** all in it , they are taking the **** piss c**ts.

From the update notes, its only purpose is to provide the MPC One+ with whatever it requires to work.
By bad mind Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:15 am

MPC Key 61 hardware firmware update: everything is fine.

MPC Software: On my Windows 11 laptop, the program no longer opens. It just does nothing. I CAN get it to open if I right-click, "Run As Administrator," and it operates fine from there. Very odd issue, has never been one before this update. Anyone else?
By bobbybland Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:39 pm
Same thing happening here on my MPC X with MPC Software on Windows 11 Pro. It will not open correctly anymore. v 2.12.1 x64

Reverted back to previous release, the issues no longer there. So this latest version isn't opening properly on some windows devices.
By Eightysix69 Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:32 am
My Top left Qlink scribble strip does not illuminate at all. I've tried to troubleshoot it using mutliple program types, VST's, custom Qlink settings, etc. I think I got a faulty unit. Or am I just an idiot? Appreciate y'all.
By ck4000 Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:19 pm
ck4000 wrote:Here is the bug I reported for the MPC One - Anyone else experiencing this issue?

It's been like this since 2.11 update.

1. Open any sample in Sample Edit mode
2. Zoom in 100%
3. Select start or end value field
4. Turning the Data Dial now increases and decreases the selected value by 2 instead of 1
5. Pressing the + and - Buttons now increase and decrease the selected value by 2 instead of 1

This bug is still present in 2.12
By Smokeychuck Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:23 pm
Selahl Tapes wrote:Anyone else experiencing a Sustain pedal bug? I’m on Keys 61, press and release sustain pedal notes stick when playing, unplug and plug it back in works as normal. Hold pedal to sustain. It’s a strange one

That doesn't sound like a bug to me but I may be reading you wrong.

If you're using a "click" pedal then your pedal probably has an on/off state which is activated by pressing it down until it clicks.

A sustain pedal is not supposed to be a click pedal, it's supposed to be a pedal with tension that releases immediately when you release pressure on it. It sounds like you're using a pedal that doesn't rely on tension/pressure and instead is switched in an on/off state. In this case pressing the pedal once probably engages the sustain and pressing it a second time disengages the sustain.

Apologies if you're using an actual sustain pedal, it should not "click" at all and should look like a regular piano pedal.
By Smokeychuck Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:28 pm
Here's my bug report, I'm an MPC Live in controller mode user (I use an SSL big six as my audio interface, so coreaudio drivers on MacOS i9 with 64gb of ram and 8 cores, 1tb SSD):

Doing a hard stop (double click stop button) causes clicking as if the inserts are being stopped before the actual audio.
Pressing play after a hard stop induces clicking on first sounds.

Steps to reproduce: open any project, or create a new pattern in a new project.
Double click stop button while a sample with inserts is playing -- you will hear clicks/pops.
Press "play start" -- you will hear click pops.
Press stop and wait for samples to stop playing. You will not hear any clicks.
Press start, you will not hear any clicks.

I think they are trying to do some "smart" memory management by unloading the inserts when no audio is playing after a hard stop but this seems to cause playback issues.

Sample rate is 96000 hz with any buffer size
By magnusson Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:12 pm
DESCRIPTION: In standalone mode, when playing back a sequence with long samples non-destructively chopped into many regions, CPU usage gradually rises until it hits 100%, resulting in audio dropouts.

TO REPRODUCE: Export stems from a song that's a few minutes long (e.g. bass, drums, backing vocals, synths). Load the samples into the MPC. In sample edit mode, chop each sample to one region per measure. Press "Convert" and non-destructively create a new program for each sample, creating events. Now each pad triggers one measure of the corresponding stem audio.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: CPU usage will be low and stable.

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR: CPU usage gradually increases as the song plays back, reaching 100% as the sequence gets to 100 measures or so.

WORKAROUND: Trigger the samples as one-shots instead — but now the sequence must always be started from the beginning.
By enzyme Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:27 am
Audio cutting out randomly on Tascam Model 12. It’s not disconnecting, the audio from the MPC just completely cuts out until I reboot the mixer :(

Issues like this should be a thing of the past by now.
By marcuscrede Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:19 am
bad mind wrote:2.12.1.35

MPC Key 61 hardware firmware update: everything is fine.

MPC Software: On my Windows 11 laptop, the program no longer opens. It just does nothing. I CAN get it to open if I right-click, "Run As Administrator," and it operates fine from there. Very odd issue, has never been one before this update. Anyone else?

I have the same problem. Also I can not load any audio files, and I can not open any project files.
By fmq75 Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:33 am
One+ and latest FW

1. piano roll/key editor has massive performance issues when you have just a tiny bit more going on (i.e something thats longer than just very few bars but no automation).

Q-links often not responding on first touch. Very often it takes 2-3 seconda until something happen. Very annoying

3. Link via WiFi runs like shit at my place, thanks for killing the LAN port akai.