MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Yerbalist Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:44 pm
Pls tell me, anyone :!: - on 2.11.7 if the midi cc control mapping is repaired. The values on 2.11 are jumping, there is no way to assign external colntroller to any plugin (my MPC almost crashed today !!! when I forgot about that and mapped some knobs). Thanks
By HanHuman Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:52 pm
HanHuman wrote:I get a LOT of random clicks and pops when recording through a Scarlett OctoPre connected via ADAT to a Clarett 8pre as an audio interface for the MPC X. I though it was a good idea to plug them directly to the X instead of feeding sound through the internal inputs, but it starts to seem like a bad move. Recording more than a few seconds without any clicks is almost impossible atm.
Turns out clicks don't come from either the X or the sound card, so not AKAI's fault on this one. Oh wait, they do come from an AKAI sampler I'm trying to record (30+ years old though).

Edit: Plugging the sampler directly to the MPC without anything else in between removed all clicking sound, probably some sync issue with the audio interface then. I have been a potty mouth on this one, not on AKAI's end, even with the ancient gear!
By Lancerben Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:41 am
Bug happened a few times where I can't load an effects... Solution changing the fx rack then reload same fx and then I can load my custom effect.
Minor annoyance.
By Lancerben Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:28 pm
Another day another. Got myself a nice MX keyboard from Logitech... Bluetooth. Keyboards see it... But won't connect of course... I wasn't even surprised by now. The Logitech connects flawlessly to all my other devices. This is a super nice fancy keyboard with multi device capabilities.
By Lancerben Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:02 am
Workaround on the Logitech MX keyboard is using USB port with the adapter and that works.
By MPC_Maschinist Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:51 am
Hi, BTW: How fast is Akai / inMusic usually in providing bugfixes? I come from a different platform where it usually takes several month to get a small update.
By HanHuman Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:48 am
MPC_Maschinist wrote:Hi, BTW: How fast is Akai / inMusic usually in providing bugfixes? I come from a different platform where it usually takes several month to get a small update.

Same with AKAI, except they tend to break stuff rather than fix them.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:06 am
MENU, PROJECT, PURGE, UNUSED SAMPLES.
Samples that weren't used in any program were purged from the project and aren't in ram anymore.
Tested on MPC Keys61, 2.11.7. works as expected.

Samples that weren't used in any program were purged from the project and aren't in ram anymore.
Tested on MPC X 2.11.5. works as expected.

Tested on MPC X, 2.11.7. works as expected.
By Monotremata Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:54 am
HanHuman wrote:
MPC_Maschinist wrote:Hi, BTW: How fast is Akai / inMusic usually in providing bugfixes? I come from a different platform where it usually takes several month to get a small update.

Same with AKAI, except they tend to break stuff rather than fix them.

But they'll have an awesome new plugin for you to buy with it (that will probably unauthorize itself the next day).
By MPC_Maschinist Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:17 am
Lampdog wrote:MENU, PROJECT, PURGE, UNUSED SAMPLES.
Tested on MPC Keys61, 2.11.7. works as expected.

Tested on MPC X 2.11.5. works as expected.

Tested on MPC X, 2.11.7. works as expected.

THX! I'll try it again and report back.
By MPC_Maschinist Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:32 am
User error: I had saved the project and afterwards I purged the unused samples. => I had to delete the files in the project folder manually.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:49 am
MPC_Maschinist wrote:User error: I had saved the project and afterwards I purged the unused samples. => I had to delete the files in the project folder manually.

Purge only refers to purging memory, not disk storage. If you've previously saved the project with those samples they'll remain in the original project folder on your disk. The workaround is to re-save the purged project under a new name ('save > Save as' ) and then you can delete the original project folder. Personally I like the idea that the projectData folder is an 'archive' of all the sounds I worked on in the history of that project, and that's come in very handy many times when I've needed to revisit an old version of a sample or program.

I guess Akai could try to build a feature that also purges the files on disk, but TBH I wouldn't trust it to not accidentally delete a bunch of other stuff as well, especially given their recent flakiness.
By HanHuman Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:04 pm
Monotremata wrote:But they'll have an awesome new plugin for you to buy with it (that will probably unauthorize itself the next day).
And boy do I know this all too well… Felt for it. :Sigh:

MPC-Tutor wrote:I guess Akai could try to build a feature that also purges the files on disk, but TBH I wouldn't trust it to not accidentally delete a bunch of other stuff as well, especially given their recent flakiness.
Says a lot about AKAI these days, rather not having a feature improved just because of the risk for the update to break the whole thing apart. To which I completely agree, new features feel like a danger rather than a good thing now.
Last edited by HanHuman on Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.