MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By delta9THC Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:09 am
ssd hard drive error 2.11.4

Hello.
I updated my mpc live and my internal hd did not recognize me, what a scare!
has it happened to you?
Fortunately I was able to go back to 2.10 without problems, for now I'll wait to update again.
By giacecco Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:52 am
@Lampdog thank you for spending so much effort on this. I was wrong and apologise for wasting your time and others'. The cause of what I was describing was very obvious: MPC 1 was set as MIDI "master", meaning that "MIDI data from this port will always go to the currently selected program in your project" https://support.inmusicstore.com/en/sup ... di-control . For once, it wasn't Akai's fault :-/

I can't find a way to edit my original post and mark it as "SOLVED" or delete it. As you are a moderator, happy for you to delete as necessary to keep the thread clean. Thanks!
By Lampdog Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:01 am
No problem at all.

We can leave the original post, the whole journey ya dig, so anyone who had the same problem can see the whole thing from beginning to end. Glad you got it going. It’s lots of little switches, buttons and shit to configure and easy to miss something while menu diving.

Your button says MASTER?! While my MPC X says GLOBAL.
By fastgraph Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:22 pm
Searched to see if this was mentioned before but didn’t find anything.

When I reconnect my controllers or external audio interface the MPC One’s audio went completely dead, even when using the internal audio interface.
Going through the mixer pages I saw sound going out from the tracks to the sub mixes used but nothing coming out the mains. I have a limiter on my mains and by opening it I could see audio coming into the left channel of the limiter only but nothing coming out. Removing the limiter from the mains resulted into audio coming out the left output only.

After resetting the preferences and rebooting multiple times and loading demo projects (which gave left and right audio right away), then reloading my last project several times, the audio came back to both left and right output channels.

Anyone seen this?
By scd Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:07 pm
scd wrote:The bug is simply this: two or more MIDI notes with the same note number can not be processed at the same time by the MPC. In other words, when a MIDI Note On message with Note Number XX arrives at one of the MIDI IN ports of the MPC (or is generated by one of the MPC pads, as your report learns) , all other MIDI notes with Note Number XX entering the MPC will be killed by the MPC. Only when the Note Off message from the first Note On arrives at the MPC, a next MIDI note with the same note number will be processed by the MPC.
That's quite a serious bug. Because it makes the MPC sort of "monophonic" for incoming midi notes with the same note number.
Let's hope they will fix this asap.

Unbelievable. Still there in 2.11.4. I bought the Organ/Stage EP/Stage Piano bundle today, stupid me. You can not play with a sustain pedal attached to a controller keyboard because *that* freezes a pressed note as well. You can only play a note once, when the sustain pedal of my midi controller is hold. What a piece of #%^$...
By Kwerky Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:02 pm
algx wrote:MPC One was fine before 2.11 then:

So, where do I get the older firmware so I can resurrect my MPC? And where are the instructions to do this?
What's going on with Akai they seem intent on destroying what was until 2.11 a stable platform?

Go to Akai's official page for any of the standalone MPCs, scroll down to the bottom of the page where you'll find downloads for all the stable firmwares and current version.
e.g. https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-one
Downgrades are performed the same way as upgrades.

Can't help you with the other question. :wink:
By Dijf Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:43 pm
scd wrote:
scd wrote:The bug is simply this: two or more MIDI notes with the same note number can not be processed at the same time by the MPC. In other words, when a MIDI Note On message with Note Number XX arrives at one of the MIDI IN ports of the MPC (or is generated by one of the MPC pads, as your report learns) , all other MIDI notes with Note Number XX entering the MPC will be killed by the MPC. Only when the Note Off message from the first Note On arrives at the MPC, a next MIDI note with the same note number will be processed by the MPC.
That's quite a serious bug. Because it makes the MPC sort of "monophonic" for incoming midi notes with the same note number.
Let's hope they will fix this asap.

Unbelievable. Still there in 2.11.4. I bought the Organ/Stage EP/Stage Piano bundle today, stupid me. You can not play with a sustain pedal attached to a controller keyboard because *that* freezes a pressed note as well. You can only play a note once, when the sustain pedal of my midi controller is hold. What a piece of #%^$...

Yes, I can confirm this. It’s very annoying and renders this MPC useless for live use. I have to downgrade I guess.
Do these AKAI people read these forums??
By kb420ps Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:58 am
Just an update on the "MPC X Controller Mode Data Dial" bug.

I submitted a tech support ticket to Akai on June 25th. Today, October 3rd, Akai finally responded. They said that they are aware of the bug. They mentioned that the "+" or "-" button can be used as a workaround, which I already knew because I told them that in my support ticket. They also said that "there is no ETA for a fix or update at this time". Then, Akai closed my support ticket.
By Wul Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:43 pm
Not sure if this is a bug or not.
But you can’t launch clips as configured via midi or sending from another midi track, they just play one shot and stop.
Which is a shame, because if you created a chord progression of various clips (similar to a scene on the force) , you could create a midi track using that chord progression which is sent to the clip track which would launch the desired clips , you could record it , similar to arranger.
It partly works but the clips are just one shot , even if you hold the pads.
By LivePsy Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:02 pm
kb420ps wrote:Just an update on the "MPC X Controller Mode Data Dial" bug.

I submitted a tech support ticket to Akai on June 25th. Today, October 3rd, Akai finally responded. They said that they are aware of the bug. They mentioned that the "+" or "-" button can be used as a workaround, which I already knew because I told them that in my support ticket. They also said that "there is no ETA for a fix or update at this time". Then, Akai closed my support ticket.

Disgusting. I'd say this was the end of the MPC. Due to software, a control now doesn't work correctly and they have no committment to fix it. But we lived thru several clearly bugged OSes on older hardware all unacknowkedged and unfixed.
By Monotremata Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:27 am
LivePsy wrote:
Disgusting. I'd say this was the end of the MPC. Due to software, a control now doesn't work correctly and they have no committment to fix it. But we lived thru several clearly bugged OSes on older hardware all unacknowkedged and unfixed.

That is not anything remotely close to what the support person stated, where do you get any of that from? What he got was a stock answer from a support person that can't do anything more than admit 'We know its a bug, we're working on it, and we don't know when we'll be able to solve it'. Plain and simple. Nowhere did he say 'You're **** we're not bothering with it'. You really think the person answering that email is also the guy handling the sampler pitch shifting routines in the OS or something and has any clue about the timeline? That's not how any of that works. All these software development experts here...
By LivePsy Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:31 am
Monotremata wrote:
LivePsy wrote:

That is not anything remotely close to what the support person stated, where do you get any of that from? What he got was a stock answer from a support person that can't do anything more than admit 'We know its a bug, we're working on it, and we don't know when we'll be able to solve it'. Plain and simple. Nowhere did he say 'You're **** we're not bothering with it'. You really think the person answering that email is also the guy handling the sampler pitch shifting routines in the OS or something and has any clue about the timeline? That's not how any of that works. All these software development experts here...

Its such an obvious bug, it should never have even left alpha testing and now after these weeks it doesn't get on the schedule. They don't give a s__t
By kb420ps Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:27 pm
The 2.11.5 software/firmware update has been released. The "MPC X Controller Mode Data Dial" bug has now been fixed. In controller mode, the data dial on the MPC X is now behaving correctly.
By Lampdog Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:10 pm
kb420ps wrote:The 2.11.5 software/firmware update has been released. The "MPC X Controller Mode Data Dial" bug has now been fixed. In controller mode, the data dial on the MPC X is now behaving correctly.

Thanks for that. Actually info meat, no fat, no cholesterol.