MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Flow77 Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:39 pm
hello I downloaded the new firmware 2.11 but I have a message "new plugin instruments are available, you must first download and install their content files"

what else should i download and where should i put it??
By misfit Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:33 pm
In the inMusic portal, I see this under software downloads:
"MPC Synth Content Manager

Please first install MPC 2 Software if you are using Desktop Software. If you are using Standalone you may either install the content via this manager on your Desktop or on your Device. Use this software to manage the included instruments and content, as well as purchase exciting additional instruments for your MPC Software and Standalone."

maybe that has something todo with it?
By Flow77 Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:12 pm
yes I have the impression while wandering on the pages of the akaï site this evening that the instruments which are available on the new keyboard will perhaps be available on the MPC live or one (fabric xl, organ, stage piano ... .)
on the links below I even believe that you can already buy them (but it's very expensive)

https://www.thempcstore.com/mpc-plugin- ... ction.html
By fReAkThEzOiD Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:44 am
OK ?!

who the fuk is the head of IT at akai ???
This DUDE is "VERY SPECIAL" !!!

why does this feel like extorsion in the making ?
Starting to doubt and question the credibility of this company...
Like seriously WTF

*edit so i downloaded this inMusic software now and after downloading the 4 standalone instruments...
the "view" buttons appear....what concerns me now is that somebody had to program the fading blue color animation around the "view" button... as a software engineer i can tell that some person seems to be more interested in random vanity designs instead of user experience and feasibility of certain features ..... why the heck would you care about something such trivial ?

Can i please have his job and show you what actually matters to us consumers ?

*edit edit
so i tried to transfer the instruments which are downloaded as zip file which needs to be first unzipped then copied and while copying it asks to overwrite some stuff which makes no f-in sense..... and still the new plugin instruments popup appears telling me that i still have to download and install their content.

Please herr gott this is the dumbest experience of updating software i have ever experienced in my 35 years of computer experience .... wow just wooow, i have to post this on reddit.... "Russell Peters - Somebody Gonna Get Hurt Real Bad" ... :popcorn:

Am i the only who doesn't understand the reasoning for all this here?

*edit edit edit
ok sorry for the rant.. :hmmm: i guess i shouldn't take it so personal... i know everyone is just trying their best....
... Please just create a little SD card software to manage standalone updates.... we don't need to download zip files and mess with all this manual labor just to be updated... this only leaves a bad taste... Please come up with something idiot proof (no offence just translated from german :roll: ) and simple.

thank you nevertheless :Sigh:
By BostonGreen Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:40 am
fReAkThEzOiD wrote:OK ?!

who the fuk is the head of IT at akai ???
This DUDE is "VERY SPECIAL" !!!

why does this feel like extorsion in the making ?
Starting to doubt and question the credibility of this company...
Like seriously WTF

*edit so i downloaded this inMusic software now and after downloading the 4 standalone instruments...
the "view" buttons appear....what concerns me now is that somebody had to program the fading blue color animation around the "view" button... as a software engineer i can tell that some person seems to be more interested in random vanity designs instead of user experience and feasibility of certain features ..... why the heck would you care about something such trivial ?

Can i please have his job and show you what actually matters to us consumers ?

*edit edit
so i tried to transfer the instruments which are downloaded as zip file which needs to be first unzipped then copied and while copying it asks to overwrite some stuff which makes no f-in sense..... and still the new plugin instruments popup appears telling me that i still have to download and install their content.

Please herr gott this is the dumbest experience of updating software i have ever experienced in my 35 years of computer experience .... wow just wooow, i have to post this on reddit.... "Russell Peters - Somebody Gonna Get Hurt Real Bad" ... :popcorn:

Am i the only who doesn't understand the reasoning for all this here?

*edit edit edit
ok sorry for the rant.. :hmmm: i guess i shouldn't take it so personal... i know everyone is just trying their best....
... Please just create a little SD card software to manage standalone updates.... we don't need to download zip files and mess with all this manual labor just to be updated... this only leaves a bad taste... Please come up with something idiot proof (no offence just translated from german :roll: ) and simple.

thank you nevertheless :Sigh:

Chill
The popup about new instruments/plugins is reactivated in case people are upgrading from a fw older than 2.10, in which case they'd miss out on hype.
Another reason is to direct you to buy/trial the new instruments that come with the keys.

One click, 'dont show again' ..... simple
By misfit Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:09 pm
I'm not ignorant with computer stuff and software business models; I actually work in that field myself. What I annoyed by is the "customer journey" I had to endure after this update to understand how it worked and what choices I had to make. And the lack of actual information on their site about the new plugin instruments is nothing short of flabbergasting. I had to find 3rd party info myself on YT and in the forums here (thanks @everyone here!).

My choice for now now is indeed to "never show again" the Missing Synth Content dialog and not pay the premium for the new plugin instruments. I can manage fine with the sounds I already have collected over the years (mostly from outboard gear), and shudder at the though of the time I would need to invest in tailoring the presets that come with the new plugins to my taste (like stripping away 90% of the effects, as I do on all my digital instruments.... IMO the only way to truly evaluate and build up sounds.... the FX are for adding a bit of flavor to the overall sound at the end of the creative process for me - no pun intended)

Akai has every right to ask whatever they want for their software, as long as they don't force me to buy stuff to keep using the functionality I bought the MPC for in the first place, for the next few years.

(disclaimer: I'm a casual hobby musician, mostly guitar)
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:09 pm
misfit wrote:I'm not ignorant with computer stuff and software business models; I actually work in that field myself. What I annoyed by is the "customer journey" I had to endure after this update to understand how it worked and what choices I had to make.)

This was actually mentioned in Pete Goodliffe's Juce talk, about how they felt the initial 'getting started' process was overly complex. So you're actually experiencing the improved version :)

I include an appendix in the MPC Bible that tries to simplify the whole getting started process, but ultimately it is quite convoluted, especially if you have an older firmware in your MPC without the online update facility.

I seem to remember that Maschine plus was much better, you switched on the unit and it took you through all the processes step by step, right there in the UI.

Hopefully soon you'll just switch on the MPC first time and immediately it tells you to connect to the internet, you then log in to your inMusic account and the MPC auto-downloads and installs everything you need including firmware and synths.

Or on the first screen you can choose to opt out and handle it all manually, especially if you don't want an account or internet access on the MPC.