MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Darkprocess Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:48 pm
Hello

Just installed MPC software 2.11 and neither S1, Ableton or cubase are able to scan the updated MPC.vst plugin.

Have you this issue ?

Thanks
By JohnnyKlick Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:04 pm
Similar here! No VST!

Windows 10|
intel i5
Reaper 6.64

As a DAW, the software works wonderfully even after the update. I can integrate my Mpc One as a controller.
But I can not use it as a VST. What happened there? Does anyone know advice?
By Monotremata Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:14 am
Cubase and Live can scan and open it fine here, but there is no text in the plugin, or even the standalone application anywhere on macOS Ventura beta 2 hah. The weird part is, I just installed the 2.11.3.5 update, and even in the installer, there is no text in the boxes on screen after you select your MPC model heh.

Wonder what Akai is doing differently that no other developer seems to be doing that made all the fonts in both the installer and application disappear. Every other plugin and installer I've run on Ventura is perfectly normal as it should be.. What the hell is Akai smoking over there?

By Gorgon Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:04 am
Monotremata wrote:Cubase and Live can scan and open it fine here, but there is no text in the plugin, or even the standalone application anywhere on macOS Ventura beta 2 hah. The weird part is, I just installed the 2.11.3.5 update, and even in the installer, there is no text in the boxes on screen after you select your MPC model heh.

Wonder what Akai is doing differently that no other developer seems to be doing that made all the fonts in both the installer and application disappear. Every other plugin and installer I've run on Ventura is perfectly normal as it should be.. What the hell is Akai smoking over there?

You’re not really surprised it doesn’t work on a beta release of an apple OS are you?
By Certified Beatz Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:25 am
Strange I am having the same problem for awhile now with cubase 12 and maschine software.. I cannot load the vst it hangs I have to move it out of my plugin folder weird.... sorry windows 10 user
By Darkprocess Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:36 pm
Hello

I found the solution

0/Remove from blacklist in your DAW the MPC Plugin and close the DAW

1/Rename the Expansions folder and Content folder before the plugin scan of your DAW.
Folders are in :
MAC
/Library/Application Support/MPC/
~/Library/Application Support/ MPC
Windows
C:\ProgramData\Akai\MPC

2/Start the DAW and make the plugin Scan

3/Open the MPC Plugin

4/Close the DAW

5/Move back the Content and Expansion folders to their original name

6/ Restart your DAW and load the MPC Plugin

All is working as it should be.
By robleighton22 Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:22 am
I have a similar issue. The MPC 2.11 software is showing empty text as per your screenshot. Im just testing the software as we considering buying an MPC One again. This is putting me off - any ideas what causes the problem? Im trying open the MPC software on a MacBook Pro 14" M1Pro. I've tried deleting all the MPC software on my computer and re-installing, but same issue exists.

I don't yet have the MPC hardware and couldn't understand your steps regards getting it to work via Ableton. I am just trying to get the software to work standalone outside of a DAW.
By Monotremata Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:05 pm
robleighton22 wrote:I have a similar issue. The MPC 2.11 software is showing empty text as per your screenshot. Im just testing the software as we considering buying an MPC One again. This is putting me off - any ideas what causes the problem? Im trying open the MPC software on a MacBook Pro 14" M1Pro. I've tried deleting all the MPC software on my computer and re-installing, but same issue exists.

I don't yet have the MPC hardware and couldn't understand your steps regards getting it to work via Ableton. I am just trying to get the software to work standalone outside of a DAW.

Are you completely up to date with the software? They mentioned in one of the 2.11 releases they fixed the 'no text' bug in Ventura, despite not labelling Ventura as supported. I just opened it and it looks fine here on 13.1, says I last opened 2.11.5 for that must be when they fixed the bug.