MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:59 am
MPC 2.11.1
FORCE 3.1.1.3

Doesn't work with live 2 as far as I know that carried over since I've not changed or modified the midi library in the rom. Should work on X, Live 1, One. (haven't met anyone courageous enough to install it on their mpc key yet)

Make sure to join the "hakai" group on facebook if you are unfamiliar with how to use this rom. I personally dont hold hands but there are kind people everywhere.

https://github.com/RedHate/MPC-CFW-June2022
By Ultros Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:12 am
Let down by a recent turn of events regarding mpc plugins? Hakai finally got the latest force software and mpc software rolled into one rom. So despite not getting the plugins I wanted, I did get us all the newest force software which seems super reliable!

By c-real Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:05 am
Hi Ultros,

What do you mean by "rolled into one rom"? Is there a title screen that let the user choose between one of both firmware at startup, or do the Force features (like arranger, DS, macros, etc.) are merged into the MPC firmware to form a unique firmware with all the Akai features line for both MPC and Force?

What about the new plugins? If we bought them, or they still accessible?

Is there a list of known issues? Is it very reliable?

Finally, is it possible to roll back to an official firmware if we notice something broken?

I consider using your rom for playing live with my MPC Live 1, especially thanks to DS and macros.

Thanks a lot for your job, it seems huge.
By Ultros Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:14 pm
c-real wrote:Hi Ultros,

What do you mean by "rolled into one rom"? Is there a title screen that let the user choose between one of both firmware at startup, or do the Force features (like arranger, DS, macros, etc.) are merged into the MPC firmware to form a unique firmware with all the Akai features line for both MPC and Force?

What about the new plugins? If we bought them, or they still accessible?

Is there a list of known issues? Is it very reliable?

Finally, is it possible to roll back to an official firmware if we notice something broken?

I consider using your rom for playing live with my MPC Live 1, especially thanks to DS and macros.

Thanks a lot for your job, it seems huge.

Known issues: control surface doesnt work properly in force mode on MPC LIVE II.

Yes you can use all your plugins.

Yes it is all in one rom. MPC / Force in one rom.

In order to switch to force mode you have to name your memory card "FORCE" and have it inserted while either powering on the unit or before clicking "new project".

And YES its absolutely possible to return to a stock rom if you decide you dont like it. It will not harm your MPC in any way. All I did was modify the boot script to load either MPC or FORCE and then added the force related files to the linux environment and repacked the rom.

It's 100% safe to try. I am a "white hat" or convoluted "gray hat" but i pride myself on not effing over the people around me. I wouldnt publicly tell people to do anything that will chance their investments. I cant say the same for others I dont know their intentions, but mine are legit. Some "hackers" do things for reputation and pride, i enjoy neither of those. I just like seeing peoples face light up with smiles like "holy shit it works! LOL WUT?!"
By c-real Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:05 pm
Thank you very much Ultros for your answer and reactivity. So I just have to buy an SD card and here we go. It's a very good news for me.

Now I am facing some housing issues for a few weeks but as soon as I move on and unpack all of my musical gear, I will give a try to this hacked solution. I already thought about selling my unit because it can't be used for gigging (for my needs, at least), but now I consider waiting a few months to give a last chance.

Three final questions, please:
1) Are Force projects can be opened with MPC firmware and vice-versa? I guess I have to separate my projects folder in two: one for MPC projects and another one for Force projects. It will be safer.
2) How to replace physical buttons of the Force on the MPC? All of them can be replaces by the TUI or...?
3) Are you thinking about enhancing the current firmware with some additional features (see my sig or the sticky relevant post)?

Thanks again,

creal.

PS: I sent a request for joining the FB group.
By Ultros Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:13 pm
c-real wrote:Thank you very much Ultros for your answer and reactivity. So I just have to buy an SD card and here we go. It's a very good news for me.

Now I am facing some housing issues for a few weeks but as soon as I move on and unpack all of my musical gear, I will give a try to this hacked solution. I already thought about selling my unit because it can't be used for gigging (for my needs, at least), but now I consider waiting a few months to give a last chance.

1) Are Force projects can be opened with MPC firmware and vice-versa? I guess I have to separate my projects folder in two: one for MPC projects and another one for Force projects. It will be safer.
2) How to replace physical buttons of the Force on the MPC? All of them can be replaces by the TUI or...?
3) Are you thinking about enhancing the current firmware with some additional features (see my sig or the sticky relevant post)?

Thanks again,

creal.

The firmware has been taken about as far as I want to take it. I have been adding things like fx chains and other little content type items to the rom. Nothing vast.

The buttons for the force stuff are hardcoded via a program library i wrote. The facebook group has detailed instructions on how to use the force stuff and what buttons do what.

Force / MPC projects dont load on the opposites software mode. (some might) but generally not. It's better to keep the projects seperated.
By c-real Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:32 pm
Ultros wrote:
c-real wrote:Thank you very much Ultros for your answer and reactivity. So I just have to buy an SD card and here we go. It's a very good news for me.

Thanks again,

creal.

The firmware has been taken about as far as I want to take it. I have been adding things like fx chains and other little content type items to the rom. Nothing vast.

The buttons for the force stuff are hardcoded via a program library i wrote. The facebook group has detailed instructions on how to use the force stuff and what buttons do what.

Force / MPC projects dont load on the opposites software mode. (some might) but generally not. It's better to keep the projects seperated.

Excellent, thanks. I keep on the adventure on the FB group.
By Zack Zerox Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:42 pm
Just wondering, is there anywhere else with more info/support about setting up & using this other than Facebook, or is that really the only place?

Ta

Stew
By Ultros Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:07 pm
lol yeah facebook is the main place. it has a larger audience there.. I personally dont like writing documents. (or commenting code lol) jay ray-one writes all the documentation and stuff.

it's pretty easy though, download the parts from here https://github.com/RedHate/MPC-CFW-August-13-2022 then extract the image and put it on a usb or sdcard and install it from the settings menu on the mpc.

to get it into force mode you must name your sdcard or usb card FORCE in capitals from a pc. once you have that ready stick it into the MPC and hit new project or reboot the machine.

for a matrix controller i highly suggest you use an APC mini.

also still doesnt work on MPC LIVE II and is untested on MPC Key.
By Zack Zerox Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:54 pm
Ultros wrote:lol yeah facebook is the main place. it has a larger audience there.. I personally dont like writing documents. (or commenting code lol) jay ray-one writes all the documentation and stuff.

it's pretty easy though, download the parts from here https://github.com/RedHate/MPC-CFW-August-13-2022 then extract the image and put it on a usb or sdcard and install it from the settings menu on the mpc.

to get it into force mode you must name your sdcard or usb card FORCE in capitals from a pc. once you have that ready stick it into the MPC and hit new project or reboot the machine.

for a matrix controller i highly suggest you use an APC mini.

also still doesnt work on MPC LIVE II and is untested on MPC Key.

Thanks for this. I'm just waiting on a USB/ethernet adapter because my Live wifi is kaput, then once I've got the SSH thing going I'll take a look.
By Zack Zerox Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:41 pm
All going good so far. I've bitten the bullet and set up a Facebook account purely to join the group. Once I'd figured out how to find info there I downloaded and installed the 2.11.3/Force firmware & it seems to work fine.

I assume I still need to re-enable SSH to modify standalone midi mapping? (This took a bit of figuring out with the Kikgen fw I installed first - until I realised the username in WinSCP is 'root', no password.)

I've got Launchpad gathering dust so will probably use that for Force stuff.

Obviously I'll trawl the FB group, but if anyone has any tips (buttons etc) for Live 1 and Launchpad Pro mk3 I'd appreciate a steer.
By Ultros Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:30 pm
Edit the midi.cfg that resides in your memory card.