MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By IWFizz Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:56 pm
Hi, I'm trying to activate plugins with the new 2.11 update. I've plugged in an ethernet cable straight from the back of my router. It says it's connected and shows all the IP address info etc. But when tapping Activate Plugins I'm presented with an 'attempting to connect' spinning wheel. Just doesn't seem to work despite being connected to the network.

Anyone have any ideas on how to rectify this?

THANKS
By ehmsii Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:51 pm
For anyone who tried the above and still couldn't get it working, try changing the DNS to the default google DNS of 8.8.8.8

This instantly fixed the issue for me
By subjude101 Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:43 pm
I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix this issue for MONTHS!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!
The DNS was the issue. You have no idea how you've made my day!!!! I can now access my Splice account again.
Peace & blessings to all my fellow MPC users.
By NewAkaiUser Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:40 pm
When your router is far away, you can connect android phone via usb cable and enable usb hotspot.
Your phone share wifi and data plan with MPC :wink:
That way you can update your device or download/activate plugins without ethernet connection.
By marctronixx Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:07 pm
did not want to start a new thread.

have any MPC ONE users tried this and got it to work? i changed the DNS to Google's 8.8.8.8 and no success. I put a ticket in to inmusic but those jokers never responded after a few follow ups to them. ive had this issue for months and its spawned across multiple firmware updates.
By marctronixx Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:04 am
never have been able to update/connect at all from ethernet. i normally do usb updates but since i got the 61 key when it launched, i had access to these plugins and they need to be validated -- this is why i finally found out the issue.

inmusic FINALLY responded today (which is why i came back here to follow up) and they feel its a warranty issue, so i'm sending it in for repair.
By Ultros Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:36 pm
marctronixx wrote:never have been able to update/connect at all from ethernet. i normally do usb updates but since i got the 61 key when it launched, i had access to these plugins and they need to be validated -- this is why i finally found out the issue.

inmusic FINALLY responded today (which is why i came back here to follow up) and they feel its a warranty issue, so i'm sending it in for repair.

You are on the right track. it a dns resolving problem. add your mpc to the DMZ and then set your addressing to auto.

Or if you are like me and cant be bothered to mess around, plug your cellphone in via usb and enable usb tethering on the phone and then automatic addressing on the MPC. May take a few enables / disables for it to set up the proper addressing.
By Oraakkeli2000 Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:14 pm
Just to confirm: Usb tethering from the phone works. ALL the other methods I have tried to get the MPC ONE to connect seem to fail. I tried ethernet cable from router, from pc, with ethernet to usb adapater both ways and so on. No luck. But then ONLY usb from the phone works... I think this is just crazy. It is kinda hard as well to determine what the problem is when the MPC shows that there is in fact a connection, and the account name is shown in the plugin activation screen. Everything is just grayed out.

But anyway, now I got my synths to play with so all good... I think Akai and InMusic and whatever companies involved in this should really get their shit together though. I also didn't receive any acknowledgement to the ticket even though this seems to be a common problem. So everybody needs to figure their problems on their own I guess..

Peace
By purple4N$ Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:40 am
STOP!!! BEWARE!!!!

Shortly after running the upgrade my device become stuck on a loop of the flare MPC screen and the “shutting down” screen.
The solution was provided by Akai support.

HOLD OFF ON RUNNING THE STEPS I GAVE HERE !!
I will follow up once I hear back and find the solution.

purple4N$ wrote:Peace

Alright, so by now some of us got the fix others still looking. IF YOU ARE STILL SEARCHING HERE as I was yesterday (01/15/24) then check it out:

Downgrade to 2.10 via the Akai site; MPC / downloads pages to find the versions.
I then ran the newest version MPC 2.12.3 and Ethernet is back as well as my plugins being able to activate.

My thoughts; version 2.10 set WiFi for X, Live, etc. which messed up the Ethernet for us One users.

It worked like a charm tho. Give it a shot. Call it fixed for now.

Be well.
By purple4N$ Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:33 pm
Peace

Okay here’s what I learned - you cannot “brick” a device with an update. Phew.

I had to enter update mode manually / check akai for device specific combos
IF you are stuck in the shutting down loop (MPC ONE)
Hold: Browse + C/G + Full Level while powering on
Send the 2.10 update via USB cable and you’re good to go again.

My device maxes out at 2.11.9 anything beyond that I see the same error return.

USB drive/ usb cable methods produce same error
Ethernet onboard update method returns an error that says “Corrupt Update”. Go figure.

So what solve do I suggest?
Downgrade to 2.10 the up to 2.11.9

And the Ethernet ports? aye, it works again, I won’t be trying any new plugins or updates until I know for certain this time wasting issue is fully resolved.
By purple4N$ Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:50 pm
Couldn’t just leave it alone. went back in and did an online update via prefs / info > update and it worked this time

Ethernet port working still. Plugins activated.
Been too long.

Peace