MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By johnnytravels Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:12 pm
Ok I asked this on Reddit but I really need to confirm this, because I cannot believe it:
Is there really no way to switch between programs when in program edit mode? This was possible on every MPC before the X/Live/One by just dialing between programs when highlighting their names. Is there really no other way now than to go back to Main, select a track with the program I want to edit, and reurn to program edit?
By 40Beatz Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:19 pm
Thats because the Current Program you're in, is attached the Current Track you're on. If you Change Programs while on a Certain Current Track, It'll Change the Program attached to that Current Track.

At least that's what i Imagine
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:32 pm
Yep, and that was the complaint from the old legacy way, you would edit a few programs in program edit and then you'd realise you've assigned a different program to the original track. It was a convenient way to quickly edit lots of programs, but ultimately I do think the new way is 'safer' from a track assignment perspective.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:40 pm
Currently safer to edit programs tied to tracks.

Legacy way caused playback changed to other programs too easily.
By phillipadsmith Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:21 am
johnnytravels wrote:Ok I asked this on Reddit but I really need to confirm this, because I cannot believe it:
Is there really no way to switch between programs when in program edit mode? This was possible on every MPC before the X/Live/One by just dialing between programs when highlighting their names. Is there really no other way now than to go back to Main, select a track with the program I want to edit, and reurn to program edit?

I've always just used the MAIN + PAD shortcut to jump to a different track from the Program Edit screen, i.e., If I'm on program edit for Track 1 and I want to jump to Program Edit on Track 2, I just hit MAIN + PAD A2 and that takes me to Track 2's Program Edit screen.

It's not quite the same as scrolling between Keygroups with the dial, but it's pretty close to it.
By 40Beatz Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:08 pm
Wow! I've never tried that before. :worthy:
By Lampdog Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:00 am
Elijah wrote:I found another button long-press shortcut. Press and hold the Copy button, tap the Pad1 > Pad2, and release the copy button. This will make copying faster!

This is in the manual.