MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Wul Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:23 pm
It would appear that they have left the (standalone) internal midi mapping folder full of presets, I haven’t any of the devices with me at the moment to check them. That folder has always been empty.
By T-Monk Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:10 am
Really? How can you see that folder?

That’s one of the reasons I’m holding out on updating is that I have 2.10 ssh installed with a custom controller mapped to global midi (standalone).
By Calcaire Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:20 am
T-Monk wrote:Really? How can you see that folder?

That’s one of the reasons I’m holding out on updating is that I have 2.10 ssh installed with a custom controller mapped to global midi (standalone).

exactly the same for me. But the unability to save Midi lEarns and Qlinks for returns/ submixes/ master inserts fx parameters is very annoying.

These "new" mappings are in /usr/share/Akai/sme , for a lot of generic controllers. But seem unusable as non documented.
By Wul Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:00 am
Reason why I looked in that folder is because when midi mapping is enabled, at some point one of them must be getting enabled because on midi channel one I’ve been able to control some of the Mpc ones buttons with midi notes , and mute tracks, also the rest of the keyboard notes are completely remapped. Can’t work out what’s triggering it though. Or which preset is active. But I’ve also noticed that all these preset folders are getting modified continuously according to the file date info, the are also renamed copy of………..
By Wul Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:07 pm
Finally found what triggers the external controller. If you end a project and let’s say you enable and map a couple of controllers and then when you’ve finished working on the project either swapping to another or shutting down, next time you startup on let’s say a new project assign a plugin to track one you will have engaged external control by a randomly (I think) controller. Maybe starting at C1 16 notes will trigger the pads , or maybe A#5 will trigger play , it depends which of these controllers is picked.
It’s not much use and is quite annoying if your not expecting it. It’s actually y only on midi channel 1 , so you can just change your transmitting channel and carry on, or restart.
Would like someone to confirm what I’m saying please.
It’s the shutting down with midi controller mode enabled that causes it.