MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By guy.brown Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:22 pm
OK, so I caved and bought an MPC Key 61

However, I think I may have a faulty unit.

One of the black keys always plays a full volume/full velocity. Seems like the key has way to much sensitivity compared to all the other keys.

All the settings for the keys affect all the keys and there doesn’t seem to be any option to change sensitivity or velocity for a single key.

Am I missing something?

PS. the Control option from the Menu is also missing. I thought the Key also had Ableton control
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:42 pm
guy.brown wrote:PS. the Control option from the Menu is also missing. I thought the Key also had Ableton control

Not sure about the key issues, sounds faulty though. But yes, it looks like Ableton control isn't there. They initially dropped it on the MPC One as well, but added it at a later date. Maybe it requires some agreement with Ableton first and that hasn't come through yet?
By Calcaire Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:21 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
guy.brown wrote:PS. the Control option from the Menu is also missing. I thought the Key also had Ableton control

Not sure about the key issues, sounds faulty though. But yes, it looks like Ableton control isn't there. They initially dropped it on the MPC One as well, but added it at a later date. Maybe it requires some agreement with Ableton first and that hasn't come through yet?

Did you try to check the program you are playing on this key ( some keygroups with velocity to amp turned to 0 ? )
By Paddle Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:05 pm
guy.brown wrote:OK, so I caved and bought an MPC Key 61

However, I think I may have a faulty unit.

One of the black keys always plays a full volume/full velocity. Seems like the key has way to much sensitivity compared to all the other keys.

Hi, I have the same issue with one white key, it's a faulty unit and my store will replace it.
By guy.brown Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:20 pm
Yeah, I contacted Akai support and they confirmed it is faulty and needs replacing. I contacted the online store and I have to send it back for a replacement. It's a bit of a pain as I'll need to wait for a good few days and I'm far to impatient :lol:
By Lampdog Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:50 pm
I don't think I've touched every single key, I'll have to check tonight.