MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:09 pm
Visconte Cobram wrote:HI all, is there a manual for OPx4?
Thanks!

Nope! Too bad, as it's really an extensive FM synth despite being only 4 op. The mod-matrix alone deserves a chapter! :lol:
By Visconte Cobram Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:47 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Visconte Cobram wrote:HI all, is there a manual for OPx4?
Thanks!

Nope! Too bad, as it's really an extensive FM synth despite being only 4 op. The mod-matrix alone deserves a chapter! :lol:

That is really strange.. FM synthesis is not the most straightforward one and a manual would be very welcome.. oh well another reason to wait until it's on sale to buy..

I mean, I don't buy many VI for my DAW (digital performer) but over the years of work I bought a TON of plugins and every single one, even the most simple, had some sort of manual..
By mrmarbury Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:59 pm
I don't even get that far. It is just hanging at the login screen with the loading spinner spinning. I have this since the feature came out and also an unanswered support case open. Sometimes I get the QR code and the browser then says activation successful the MPC just does not get a notification from the auth server. Poor buggy MPC OS :(
By hyena Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:05 am
Rank31 wrote:Ok thanks. I tried. For me the tweak is closer to 4 or 5%.

Maybe you are in AIR team :-D

remember that the tweak required to get a pure tone depends also on velocity. if you have velocity to level of op1 set up in the modulation slots, you'll notice that the harder you hit the note, the more feedback you have, because feedback is level dependent, so its velocity dependent too. if you want it very stable, turn off velocity to level of op1 , use an oscilloscope and fft and tweak feedback until you just have one clean fundamental frequency = one clean sine
By Rank31 Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:10 pm
hyena wrote:
Rank31 wrote:Ok thanks. I tried. For me the tweak is closer to 4 or 5%.

Maybe you are in AIR team :-D

remember that the tweak required to get a pure tone depends also on velocity. if you have velocity to level of op1 set up in the modulation slots, you'll notice that the harder you hit the note, the more feedback you have, because feedback is level dependent, so its velocity dependent too. if you want it very stable, turn off velocity to level of op1 , use an oscilloscope and fft and tweak feedback until you just have one clean fundamental frequency = one clean sine

Thanks. It could be so useful to have an oscillo and FFT in the FX pool of MPC. Or in an update of OPx4 itself
By SirAdrianFish Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:46 am
mrmarbury wrote:bought it, too .... if only inMusic activation login would work ...

I bought mine yesterday early in the evening and there musst have been an issue with the activating server. My serial was listed in my InMusicShop-account, but the activation on my MPC ONE direct via internet was not possible. The message was "Could not validate the licence from the server" An Activation via Content Manager failed equaly, allthough it was possible to activate the OPx-4-PlugIn on my Win-PC.

I tryed again late in the evening, and an activation on the MPC ONE via internet possible in secounds.
By fmq75 Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:01 am
Visconte Cobram wrote:
That is really strange.. FM synthesis is not the most straightforward one and a manual would be very welcome.. oh well another reason to wait until it's on sale to buy..

I mean, I don't buy many VI for my DAW (digital performer) but over the years of work I bought a TON of plugins and every single one, even the most simple, had some sort of manual..

Best thing is: i emailed the support about it maybe 2-3 months ago and 2 weeks later i got a“resolved“ robot answer.No more infos,just“hope you are satisfied with our support“ yada yada

super annoying that a not so cheapish FM synth doesn‘t even come with a manual.Especially because it makes many things different than the traditional (i.e DX) FM structure (which is great)
By lobit Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:00 pm
The effects section in this plugin is worth talking about.. can AIR please port these over as individual plugs for MPC ?

they delays etc are WAY better sounding than whats currently inside MPC

I like OPx and I bought it but I mostly want those effects to use on my sample programs!!
By Telefunky Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:15 pm
Don‘t be misguided by your ears... FM is a sucker for delay/reverb fx. :mrgreen:
In other words: even a real crappy delay may sound amazing with FM synthesis.
The exact same delay could be a lemon with vocals or a piano.
It‘s in the specific spectral content of FM.
By lobit Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:23 pm
an easy way to test out my theory.. use the synth tones with onboard vs built in plugs. I personally like them better with the exception of Akai 'analog delay' which I really like for what it is