MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Big Tick Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:36 pm
Rank31 wrote:Ok but that's part of the answer only.
What is "FM filter" for example ?

It's a filter in the FM feedback path that reduces the amount of noise. That's how you use a single oscillator with feedback to generate a saw and square wave, instead of noise. I've explained it here:
By fmq75 Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:28 pm
Big Tick wrote:
fmq75 wrote:
1.There is FX 1-3 and (2)global fx but i don‘t see the point why they are seperated and not just one fx block.You could think one section is for sends and the other for inserts but nope,it‘s totally mixed up.And since you can‘t route single operator or sample layer to fx 1-3 via submix (now THAT would be something) they are all“global“,aren‘t they?

Fx1 is for bus1 (after Flt1), Fx2 is for bus2 (after Fl2), Fx3 for bus3 (no filter). You can route individual operators and sample layer to the buses.

oh thats great…somehow.Thanks a lot.And bus 1 goes into filter 1 and bus 2 into filter 2…3+4 not filtered. it‘s interesting but SO unclear,i still can‘t believe they released it without a manual.I wrote the support couple of days ago but i got only a“check this video“ answer.I’m oldschool,I prefer to READ (and bookmark pages etc) instead of watching a video…

A signal flow diagram in the plugin would be helpful as well
By Lampdog Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:43 pm
Why am I always having to “fix” youtube video links so that forum members can see them and click right from the forums here without visiting youtube manually?
Yall don’t care?!
By Rank31 Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:43 pm
I’m a bit obsessed by that but… I made an init program without modulations, FX, etc… only operator 1. It’s supposed to be a sine wave. I sampled it and zoomed. In fact this is not really a sine wave but a kind of saw. It could explained why I’m obsessed since the beginning and why this FM synth doesn’t sound like the others. And maybe why it is close to Hype from which I never been able to issue a sine wave from.
By Big Tick Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:16 pm
The default waveform is not a perfect sine, but a slightly skewed one with (barely audible) higher harmonics. You can, however, get it very close to a pure sine by:
- adding a slight amount of feedback FM. Between 11 and 15% seems to do the trick
- and/or using the LP4 filter and modulating cutoff by the note position

The slightly impure sine is a side-effect of the many optimizations required to get opx-4 to run smoothly in MPC standalone.

Any similarity with Hype is a coincidence.

How do I know ? Well, you'll have to trust me on this.
By Orpheus Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:01 am
If I purchase OPX-4 on the MPC-X can I also use it on the desktop software ?
Just curious why they give you an option to buy standalone or desktop.
Please no, they cant surely charge you twice for the same plugin, can they ?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:10 pm
Orpheus wrote:If I purchase OPX-4 on the MPC-X can I also use it on the desktop software ?
Just curious why they give you an option to buy standalone or desktop.
Please no, they cant surely charge you twice for the same plugin, can they ?

You can use it in three different systems, for example MPC standalone and two different computer installs of the MPC Software, or two standalone, one MPC Software, etc.

I don't see any option to just purchase for desktop, just an option to purchase 'a' license.
By Orpheus Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:48 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
I don't see any option to just purchase for desktop, just an option to purchase 'a' license.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. From the synth content manager it has purchase on both options. But yeah I did think that was a little crazy, but thought it's better to ask. thanks again (",)
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10160360814170891&set=a.10150090225755891