MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Matt Gallister Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:02 pm
I tried to find some information here in the forum, but I couldn't find a similar question. So I want to ask for help / advice or pointing me on the right topic. Thanks.

Is it possible to play the Amp Envelope to the end (incl. Release) if using Instant Track Mute? If I try that with a synth sample (4 Bars incl. melody, using a single 4 bar long note and "Note On" Mode) in a drum program it will cut off the sound immediately if I Mute it in the middle of the sequence and also with Instant Track Mute Off at the End of the Sample, even if the sample is longer (with a audio Tail) and Poly Play is On. Or is there any other way to Mute Unmute a sample inbetween, keeping the Amp Envelope?
By Matt Gallister Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:04 pm
I want to share a kind of workaround with you, that I found out by trying different approaches. If you let the note end before the end of the sequence (a 16th works well), the envelope will be played to the end, if you mute the track exactly at the end of the sequence (with the help of the time division function). I guess, this is because the drum program receives a note off shortly before the mute and not at the same time, what cuts the envelope. But you have to use the standard mute function, not the instant mute function. This lets you at least play the sequence with live muting, but you are limited to mute at the end of the sequence and not inbetween. Not ideal, but better than nothing. Anyhow, to have an option to make muting possible at any point within the sequence without loosing the envelopes would be very nice as a future feature. So you can easyly use synth sample tracks for live playing as a backup, if you don't want to take all your gear with you.