MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jabberwalky Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:26 am
I never noticed this in the previous version. I sometimes use mono keygroups just to keep things light on the system.

On 2.11.2, I'm not getting exactly the same behavior, because when I play notes in with the midi keyboard, they pop & click just the same as when recorded. So yeah, when any of it is set to mono, pops & clicks all over like some kinda jimmy jam track.

Went back to 2.10.1 to test it out, nothing remotely close to the pops from before. saved a project. 2.10.1 does not do it, 2.11.2 has it, same project, same sequence, same keygroup program. It's definitely something weird with the voice retriggering.

Look past the horrible riff/sequence! I was just loading the first thing I saw, and playing random notes in quick succession to make it do the pops/clicks.

http://www.sndup.net/7r2t

http://www.sndup.net/b32q
By Monotremata Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:57 am
gemsmiff wrote:
Sorry to hear it didnt work for you

Did you switch from one shot to NOTE ON in program edit before editing to legato in TIMING CORRECT?

It was note on when I made the program. You usually don't want to be using one shots for melodic instrument keygroups. :wink:
By DET1200 Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm
I contacted support 4 days ago about this issue. This morning I got an email saying my ticket status has been marked as "resolved". No other messages or acknowledgement.
So I guess the Akai fairy has come in and magically made my MPC One work properly?...or 2.11.3 is on its way?...or they've just brushed me off?
Keep using the support page folks. I hope they are taking this seriously.
By 40Beatz Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:24 pm
Have you tried adjusting the Attack/Release in Prog Edit to smooth out the Clicks? I Know its a lil Overkill :lol:
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:38 pm
Yes, this is exactly what I have found. Recorded sequences or play live with attached controllers, it can be 'Poly: mono' or even setting all pads/keygroups to the same mute group (I was hoping it would be a workaround). Switching back to 2.10.1 and the issue disappears completely.

The only workaround appears to be to set the program to polyphonic playback.

jabberwalky wrote:I never noticed this in the previous version. I sometimes use mono keygroups just to keep things light on the system.
On 2.11.2, I'm not getting exactly the same behavior, because when I play notes in with the midi keyboard, they pop & click just the same as when recorded. So yeah, when any of it is set to mono, pops & clicks all over like some kinda jimmy jam track.