MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DET1200 Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:35 pm
Since I can't find my backup 2.10 update file, I've had to stick with 2.11 for now and my main gripe has been the pops and clicks issue on 'one shot' drum programs/ mono Keygroups.
I'm mostly using MPC One Standalone, but have noticed the PC Software now has this problem too.
I have found a workaround that's probably obvious but since no one has posted it yet, I'll put it up.

Bang out your chops as usual, then go into the program and change all used pads from 'one Shot' to 'Note On'. Then go into the sequence and adjust the length of the notes (edit end). Since the pops and clicks issue occurs when sounds overlap, you can go right up to the next note and it should play fine, though you might have use no snap to back it off a little so it doesn't actually meet the next note. You could also just use 'note On' from the start but I find that kills the flow. You might feel differently.
It's a PITA but has revived a few of my unfinished beats made before the update.

Hopefully this will help until Akai patch this problem.
By 40Beatz Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm
Have you Reset your Preferences after Upgrading? Im not sure but that may help?
By Monotremata Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:59 pm
40Beatz wrote:Have you Reset your Preferences after Upgrading? Im not sure but that may help?

Nah doesnt help unfortunately haha.

You can also just set the keygroup to Poly and it will get rid of them. Or if using one shots, just make the envelopes as short as you can and you MIGHT not hear it. Gets worse the longer your release is though.
By DET1200 Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:20 pm
40Beatz wrote:Have you Reset your Preferences after Upgrading? Im not sure but that may help?

Yep, did it straight after 2.11 + 2.11.2
No difference unfortunately
By DET1200 Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:38 pm
Monotremata wrote:

Nah doesnt help unfortunately haha.

You can also just set the keygroup to Poly and it will get rid of them. Or if using one shots, just make the envelopes as short as you can and you MIGHT not hear it. Gets worse the longer your release is though.

It's bloody infuriating The clicks don't happen when playing live (although it does in Keygroups for some reason?!) Only once recorded to a sequence.
Yeah poly is good. Drums and short snappy samples I don't have a problem with, but I usually have to do editing to make chops sit well with poly. Long or lazy chopped samples/different tempo etc . Setting a shorter decay helps a little but man, once you hear it. Thought it might disappear once a track is exported or resampled but nope.... It's still in there so it's definitely audio and not some midi triggering internal noise or something.
By KaoticShock Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:29 pm
BeatWilson wrote:Can't believe we waited this long for a garbage update...

I can believe we waited this long for more bugs..... I'm so used to them now, I just anticipate more bugs with every update. :Sigh:
By BeatWilson Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:59 pm
KaoticShock wrote:
BeatWilson wrote:Can't believe we waited this long for a garbage update...

I can believe we waited this long for more bugs..... I'm so used to them now, I just anticipate more bugs with every update. :Sigh:

I hope not... God damn... I havent even updated to 2.11 and i feel like rolling back from 2.10 because it also introduced a handful of new bugs.... maybe in 2 more years we will get a select all and a proper erase button? Like wtf AKAI! Whose giving them feedback>?! I know a lot of beta testers are here and are gonna get hurt but this but I would be DRILLING them feedback about such basic omissions.....
Last edited by BeatWilson on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gemsmiff Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:59 pm
Thank you so much for This….i’ve been goin crazy all day…i was about to give up and downgrade back to 2.10…..i even tried (2.11.2) no fix.
Last edited by gemsmiff on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gemsmiff Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:01 pm
DET1200 wrote:Since I can't find my backup 2.10 update file, I've had to stick with 2.11 for now and my main gripe has been the pops and clicks issue on 'one shot' drum programs/ mono Keygroups.
I'm mostly using MPC One Standalone, but have noticed the PC Software now has this problem too.
I have found a workaround that's probably obvious but since no one has posted it yet, I'll put it up.

Bang out your chops as usual, then go into the program and change all used pads from 'one Shot' to 'Note On'. Then go into the sequence and adjust the length of the notes (edit end). Since the pops and clicks issue occurs when sounds overlap, you can go right up to the next note and it should play fine, though you might have use no snap to back it off a little so it doesn't actually meet the next note. You could also just use 'note On' from the start but I find that kills the flow. You might feel differently.
It's a PITA but has revived a few of my unfinished beats made before the update.

BIG UPS!!
By gemsmiff Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:02 pm
DET1200 wrote:Since I can't find my backup 2.10 update file, I've had to stick with 2.11 for now and my main gripe has been the pops and clicks issue on 'one shot' drum programs/ mono Keygroups.

Tip; when you go back to the notes you input on grid edit (sequence)
1.Highlight everynote
2.Go to T.C(Timing correct)
3.set “Type” to legato
4.Do It

This will draw out all notes to the very start of the next note and the click/pop is still absent.

Again thanx for this. :worthy:
By Lampdog Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:10 pm
BeatWilson wrote:….a garbage update...

By BeatWilson Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:04 am
Lampdog wrote:
BeatWilson wrote:….a garbage update...

I know I have a big mouth at times but I am happy some people agree.
Its like they Candy Coated there Mpc with Fluff...

I think I was happiest around 2.9 or something... Anyways I guess we are going to be in the dark again for another year hoping for some ACTUAL workflow updates rather than what's going on.
By Monotremata Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:06 am
gemsmiff wrote:Tip; when you go back to the notes you input on grid edit (sequence)
1.Highlight everynote
3.set “Type” to legato
4.Do It

This will draw out all notes to the very start of the next note and the click/pop is still absent.

Doesn't work here. All my bass tracks are mono and legato (you need to for modulated drum and bass stuff), and they sound like a box of rice krispies goin snap crackle pop. None of those notes overlap either so I don't think that makes a difference either. Same with my drum chops, I do all my work with the old classic breaks and those are all chopped into individual hits/phrases and never overlap as I just rearrange the break. Those don't seem to be too bad though, but I tend to clamp down on the envelopes to kill a lot of the extra noise after the drum hits if they don't need it.

Anybody got a lead on a good condition MPC4000 that wont require me to sell a kidney?? :smoker:
By gemsmiff Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:34 am
Monotremata wrote:
gemsmiff wrote:Tip; when you go back to the notes you input on grid edit (sequence)
1.Highlight everynote
3.set “Type” to legato
4.Do It

Doesn't work here. All my bass tracks are mono and legato (you need to for modulated drum and bass stuff), and they sound like a box of rice krispies goin snap crackle pop. None of those notes overlap either so I don't think that makes a difference either. Same with my drum chops, I do all my work with the old classic breaks and those are all chopped into individual hits/phrases and never overlap as I just rearrange the break. Those don't seem to be too bad though, but I tend to clamp down on the envelopes to kill a lot of the extra noise after the drum hits if they don't need it.

Anybody got a lead on a good condition MPC4000 that wont require me to sell a kidney?? :smoker:

Sorry to hear it didnt work for you

Did you switch from one shot to NOTE ON in program edit before editing to legato in TIMING CORRECT?