MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DefineConscious Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:23 pm
How well do the MPC Keys work with other DAW ?

Thinking of Trading in my Roland Fantom 8 for it.
By Lampdog Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:02 pm
Do you already have an mpc?

You have a capable kybd, if you have an mpc then it’s seriously redundant.
By KaoticShock Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:24 am
DefineConscious wrote:How well do the MPC Keys work with other DAW ?

Don't trade your Fantom 8, the sounds in the Fantom are lightyears ahead of the built-in plugins. Also, the MPC is missing a TON of General MIDI sounds. No ethnic Instruments, no woodwinds.

Fantom has the DAW control on lock, MPC Software only works as a VST plugin. I say stick with the Fantom, I still have my Fantom-X6 because the sounds are so unique and can't be found anywhere else.
By KaoticShock Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:25 am
Lampdog wrote:Do you already have an mpc?

Agreed, he's better off keeping the Fantom and just getting an MPD 218 to use with the software for full size pads. Or MPD226 if you want a little bit more control.
By Danoc Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:32 am
Man listen, keep your Fantom, lm already ahead of Akai with my setup. $1,800 for that and still no HDMI? It would of made it dope to connect any size screen to it. Smh :smoker:

By KaoticShock Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:42 am
Danoc wrote:Man listen, keep your Fantom, lm already ahead of Akai with my setup. $1,800 for that and still no HDMI? It would of made it dope to connect any size screen to it. Smh :smoker:

100! Roland, if y'all are listening, please make an AIRA updated version of the MV-8800 with HDMI out!!! If they did that and got the OS right...........woo! it would be a very competitive marketplace
By Certified Beatz Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:38 am
Danoc wrote:Man listen, keep your Fantom, lm already ahead of Akai with my setup. $1,800 for that and still no HDMI? It would of made it dope to connect any size screen to it. Smh :smoker:

Keyboard looks great but something looks the same oh it's the OS like everyone is saying if u own a MPC just get a Midi keyboard... pay $1899 for 2gb of extra ram and extra software.. I cannot say I have used any on board plugins so far... except for effects
By J.O.BEATS Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:57 am
Lampdog wrote:Do you already have an mpc?

Bingo!
By BostonGreen Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:46 am
I'm seeing lots of people wanting to run the keys next to the x .... which suggests to me the placing of the MPC stuff (screen, pads etc) is not ideal and I'm guessing having to hover over the keys to reach above for them is pissing peeps off .... I know it would me. I think I'd prefer the keyboard mounted above the MPC stuff
By Danoc Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:27 am
Word!
Let's take it a bit further.
Roland makes a MV-8823 keyboard. With a dope ley bed, semi-weighted like the Roland A-30 midi kb, full looking keys. HDMI.cam connect to amy size screen. Can sample. Minimum 64 gigs ram , optional up to 1 TB. 3 usb ports, one for a mouse. :mrgreen: Put all Roland sounds in it as you raise your ram. You'll be anle to bring in your drums. Etc.
Priice point for 61 keys, $1,499.
Roland would kill it.

----------------------
100! Roland, if y'all are listening, please make an AIRA updated version of the MV-8800 with HDMI out!!! If they did that and got the OS right...........woo! it would be a very competitive marketplace[/quote]
By Danoc Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:41 am
You're right.

I could see if you have nothing to get the Akai mpc kb.
I really don't need it. I bought a program called hihat tricks and l would never need a MPC of any kind to do hihats.

Im not giving up omnisphere 2.8, Korg Triton, Triton Extreme, Korg Wavestation, all of the Roland software sounds. Serum, And my list goes on for that thing. Hell no.

Certified Beatz wrote:Keyboard looks great but something looks the same oh it's the OS like everyone is saying if u own a MPC just get a Midi keyboard... pay $1899 for 2gb of extra ram and extra software.. I cannot say I have used any on board plugins so far... except for effects