MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:39 pm
BeatWilson wrote:Come hang out in the Graffiti Culture... :lol: :Sigh: Even more narcissistic, attention seeking and terrible.
These days everyone posts there graffiti pieces they did in the middle of nowhere and think there so good because its art. I say "Go get yourself a f'n coloring book." Nobody wants to pay dues anymore in anything. They all want instant gratification.

I dont even acknowledge mainstream anything. Been like this since I was a child. Grew up in a family where one of my family members put on Punkshows for over 12 years.

What happened to the good old days of having to use your belt to shimmy up a pole to hit a freeway sign??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Man they got razor wire blocking all that shit all down the 10 freeway nowadays. We ruined all that around 93/94 in the LA/OC/IE area hah. 16, sneaking out of the house at midnight to go walk down the block and hope no cops were out when you were haha. Too many other troublemakers out and about now. All the homeless folks have taken over all the good yards too. The IE still has plenty of train yards though!!

Did they put out 2.11.234653b yet?
By jpeg Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:37 pm
am happy with 2.10 I had no real interest in the features in this update; as am not a heavy user of the built in instruments.

but I do wonder at which point the os will become bloatware prone; I hope akai allow people to uninstall unused aspects such as factory content or instruments.

id rather a light os that runs snappy
By BeatWilson Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:53 pm
Monotremata wrote:
BeatWilson wrote:Come hang out in the Graffiti Culture... :lol: :Sigh: Even more narcissistic, attention seeking and terrible.
These days everyone posts there graffiti pieces they did in the middle of nowhere and think there so good because its art. I say "Go get yourself a f'n coloring book." Nobody wants to pay dues anymore in anything. They all want instant gratification.

I dont even acknowledge mainstream anything. Been like this since I was a child. Grew up in a family where one of my family members put on Punkshows for over 12 years.

What happened to the good old days of having to use your belt to shimmy up a pole to hit a freeway sign??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Man they got razor wire blocking all that shit all down the 10 freeway nowadays. We ruined all that around 93/94 in the LA/OC/IE area hah. 16, sneaking out of the house at midnight to go walk down the block and hope no cops were out when you were haha. Too many other troublemakers out and about now. All the homeless folks have taken over all the good yards too. The IE still has plenty of train yards though!!

Did they put out 2.11.234653b yet?

Belt Shimmy? Damn. People dont do that at all around my parts. That reminds me of ol Zeser. That guys crazy dope. Damn thats sick. 93/94 in California would be a prime time and location for graffiti. Creeping and painting is the shit. I could see that. We got a pretty bad homeless problem where I'm at. Out here we got all these kids that listen to trap, watch anime and toss the worst throw ups I even seen everywhere. Its like graffiti is edgy to them. We call them "flavors of the week", the longest they usually last is 5 years and give up. :lol:

I'm just gonna wait for that next 2.11.1243 update aswell.
By psoul Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:15 pm
i just discovered that mpc key has no track mute direct button anymore. they have switched to pad mute button
but u can still enter track mute with shift and pad mute button
i'd like akai spend their marketing money on some real mpc user, because this is nonsense level
there are crazy things but this is another level
By psoul Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:06 pm
ah ok makes sense. the manual say the opposite so they had to change in a way :D

in the manual at page 38 it reports that

26. Pad Mute / Track Mute: Press this button to view Pad Mute Mode where you can easily mute pads within a
program or set mute groups for each pad within a program.
Press and hold Shift and press this button to view Track Mute Mode where you can easily mute tracks within a
sequence or set mute groups for each track.
---------------------------------------
update
ah ok my faulti i read the below mpc studio, the manual make them all together, so yeah more logical now
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:15 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:They can make a video pointing out mistakes, but then they can probably say goodbye to getting new stuff before anyone else.

I dont think manufacturers have a problem with people making balanced, professional reviews which point out pros and cons, i.e. the type of review you'd expect from the likes of Sound on Sound or someone like Loopop. In fact I suspect they prefer those reviews, they come across more genuine and less about generating clicks.

But yeah, make a clickbaity video full of drama and OTT headlines entirely dedicated to their new product's failings, and unless you are a big cheese I seriously doubt you are ever going to hear back from them ever again.
By Bezo Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:56 pm
TT_Lab wrote:Don't watch any video that has a stupid face in the thumbnail

I thought I was the only one. Seems like it's the consensus here. I guess everyone else is watching.
By Yerbalist Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:47 pm
Thats not an UP-to-DATE release, thats big workflow DOWN-grade workflow and functionality wise. Pops and clicks? C'mon.. Thats just some bs additional twists and whistles nobody asked for anyway. If they want to add anything, then fix minor bugs first or you wont see me DL this next 2.11/.12/whatever. Just my two cents here.
And 2.10 is good enough imo, gotta apreciate what you have and roll with it, making music is and should be fun :mrgreen: right? peace
By EnochLight Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:53 pm
pedro_oliveira1993 wrote:I'm pretty sure there's a couple youtubers that still dry hump their Studio MK2 to this day.

It's not a sin if you keep your clothes on. At least, that's what my Mormon girlfriend tells me. :lol: