MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DET1200 Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:05 am
Ave, Accurate, IamSight, Marlow, Gabe...etc..
These dudes have got to have experienced some shit surely?! Many got early access and have been using 2.11 for weeks.
I work a shit job 10 hours a day and jam out for a few hours in an evening and got more bugs than a Russian hotel room on my first run with 2.11 FFS.
Malo touched on the slice bug on his recent video but that's about all Ive seen in recent days. I get that a few might have signed a deal or something but if a few more names in the community spoke up, shit might get sorted quicker :roll:
By KaoticShock Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:43 am
DET1200 wrote:Ave, Accurate, IamSight, Marlow, Gabe...etc..
These dudes have got to have experienced some shit surely?! Many got early access and have been using 2.11 for weeks.
I work a shit job 10 hours a day and jam out for a few hours in an evening and got more bugs than a Russian hotel room on my first run with 2.11 FFS.
Malo touched on the slice bug on his recent video but that's about all Ive seen in recent days. I get that a few might have signed a deal or something but if a few more names in the community spoke up, shit might get sorted quicker :roll:

Can't speak for Gabe Miller, I specifically don't watch his channel (or BeatGoblin) either after that ridiculous video called "Don't buy the Original MPC Live in 2022". Dude also just uploaded a video called "What the HELL is Akai doing" because a well esatablished company decided to make a few optional plugin instruments and have customers pay for them if they want to.

Regardless, Bolo posted a video today about his X freezing:

Ghetto Styles also posted a video about bugs 2 days ago:

So far these are the only two I've come across.

In addition, I'm pretty selective about which MPC Youtubers I watch, a lot of them are just talking heads and influencers that don't really do anything for the community, they just post for the clicks and metadata. The thing is that most people that REALLY use the MPC don't make videos, there's a small number of people that actually do make videos, and those people aren't always the best for objective answers (like when I see MPC users testing piano presets for "sound" by using pad perform to A/B them). I've noticed that Youtubers are very quick to make videos complaining about things that they personally are affected by, not necessarily real issues like bugs or objective workflow enhancements.
By Lampdog Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:03 am
……X freezing:

This has just started happening to me, three times yesterday.
Once today. Stalls/pauses while saving for 1-2 minutes then continues with the save.
Stalls/pauses while loading a project, then continues after a 1-2 minutes.
Touch screen doesn’t respond 5% of the time for 1-2 minutes.

2.10 didn’t do this to me.

2.11x is on some bullshit.
By pedro_oliveira1993 Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:24 am
You expected them to? It's their job. They're mostly gonna avoid it and that's it.

The only one I saw being hard on AKAI when they lauched the Studio MK2 was IAMSIGHT. And it seems that criticism came with a loss of previleges.

It was the best controller in the world for 20 minutes. Then it vanished from their channels. And all of them avoided some key aspects of the thing.

It is what it is. They're youtubers. They want engagement and they get free stuff to push product. They're not interested in burning bridges.

EDIT: Saw that Roland released a new update for the SP404 MK2. I like how Ave Mcree releases a video with a thumbnail with a facepalm and the title "Roland Finally Listened". It's the sort of thing that makes me laugh.
By bobbybland Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:27 pm
I got an issue where MPC KEY won't connect using controller mode. I've updated firmware successfully,installed the drivers, I can get audio working,the SSD is connecting, but it fails to show the screen on the MPC KEY, just says Looking for Computer.

Anyone else experienced this yet, and have a fix?

Tried on both Windows 10 and Mac M1 Monterey, neither will work.
By Lampdog Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:21 pm
TT_Lab wrote:Don't watch any video that has a stupid face in the thumbnail

I’m gonna agree.

Attention whores doing naked handstands on the beach.
By mpc_fan_2022 Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:27 pm
As I said before, contacted most of these "influencers" who got a free MPC Key to ask them about bugs, multiple times. I didn't antagonised them, I just asked if they experienced some bugs, they could have said no.

None of them ever answered, on youtube, twitter, instagram, nowhere, zip, complete silence. I now know who I should never trust on youtube.
By Jawbrizza Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:58 pm
BeatWilson wrote:I agree with TT LAB and Lampdog. Any videos who has a wack ass face on the thumbnail are usually absolutely attention seeking sell out shit. I cant stand god damn mainstream sh*t

By Lampdog Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:12 pm
Don’t forget.

“It’s ya boi!”
“Like, subscribe, smash that like button”

Then 5 minutes later 20 seconds of content plays. The End.