MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BostonGreen Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm
I've had a quick play with the expansion builder but all it produces is a folder with a-z of the samples (not surprising as it was only samples in the folder ....

My question is how do we create a fully fledged expansion? So in the MPC the expansion has

>Programs
>Samples
>Sequences
>Projects

I'm guessing I'd first have to create all the sequences, programs and projects ... but how to proceed from there?

Is it a case of creating folders for each and the expansion builder will see them and add them, including files structure?
By BostonGreen Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:54 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-expansion-packs-complete-guide/

Ahh I did skim through this the other day but missed the bit where there's Bible examples, so I'll have a further read later.

Thanks dude
By Flow77 Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:29 am
hi did you make it?? because I can't do it... I manage to generate the .xpn file, I put it in the expansion folder of my mpc but when I leave standalone mode, I can't find it in my expansion...
By BostonGreen Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:55 am
Flow77 wrote:hi did you make it?? because I can't do it... I manage to generate the .xpn file, I put it in the expansion folder of my mpc but when I leave standalone mode, I can't find it in my expansion...

Re read the instructions that mpc-tutor linked you to in your own post as you are not following them correctly....
By Wul Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:23 am
Flow77 wrote:hi did you make it?? because I can't do it... I manage to generate the .xpn file, I put it in the expansion folder of my mpc but when I leave standalone mode, I can't find it in my expansion...

You have than import it into the desktop software , then export it from the software for standalone. And it’s that you put in the expansions folder on sd card or ssd.