MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By The0N3 Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:31 pm
im on Macbook pro 2020 M1 osx11.0 big sur running 2.11.2 software

Ever since 2.10 i've experienced upwards of 200-300 crashes i lost count :( :roll: , sometimes I can’t even tap on a pad and without it crashing even without any plugins sometimes blank/new project won’t even load without the software crashing saying “report this problem to Apple and reopen/ignore”, I’m afraid to even update my Mac because I’m not sure if most of my plugins will work and I’ll have to shell out an arm and a leg for waves updates alone, it crashes when double tapping stop button, it crashes playing/tapping on and loading a single sample, my workflow is completely ruined/halted for reasons unknown to me, I even bought a brand new high quality usbC lightning hub thinking that was the issue with the connection or something, nope even projects saved on my desktop keep crashing constantly . stand-alone mode is the only option but I am very limited from all the plugins I love and use to create my signature sound, it would be a miracle if I was able to actually use controller mode and complete a song without it crashing once, I’ve looked online and nobody seems to have this issue at all. I’ve never treated any of my devices with as much care as my Mpc live I’ve never dropped it or anything like that.

what could possibly be causing this ? everyone but me seems to have none of these issues on mac m1 :WTF: :?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:27 am
Have you tried a complete uninstall? The uninstallers are in Library > Application Support > Akai, uninstall all the drivers plus the MPC application itself. Reboot and re-install.

Or, it might be a plugin that is causing the issue, or a corrupted preferences file. This is found in

User folder > Library > Application Support > MPC > MPC.settings

With the MPC Software closed, rename the MPC.settings file (e.g. ('MPC.settings.original') and relaunch the MPC, it will launch in trial mode and with no plugins, but you can test it to see if there's any problems. If it is trouble free you know if's either the settings.file itself, or a plugin. You can always return to the original settings by closing the MPC app, deleting the new settings file and renaming the original one back.

You could use tools > plugins manager to temporarily disable plugins - re-enable one at a time, test and continue until problems reoccur. Or if you can remove the relevant plugin entries in the settings file, but only if you are confident editing things like this (always keep a backup of the original). But it's just an XML text file, it's pretty obvious which bits relate to plugins.
By The0N3 Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:51 am
im starting to think this is my mpc lives problem because i bought a mpk mini 3 and the software never crashes using it!

MPC-Tutor wrote:Have you tried a complete uninstall? The uninstallers are in Library > Application Support > Akai, uninstall all the drivers plus the MPC application itself. Reboot and re-install.

Or, it might be a plugin that is causing the issue, or a corrupted preferences file. This is found in

With the MPC Software closed, rename the MPC.settings file (e.g. ('MPC.settings.original') and relaunch the MPC, it will launch in trial mode and with no plugins, but you can test it to see if there's any problems. If it is trouble free you know if's either the settings.file itself, or a plugin. You can always return to the original settings by closing the MPC app, deleting the new settings file and renaming the original one back.

You could use tools > plugins manager to temporarily disable plugins - re-enable one at a time, test and continue until problems reoccur. Or if you can remove the relevant plugin entries in the settings file, but only if you are confident editing things like this (always keep a backup of the original). But it's just an XML text file, it's pretty obvious which bits relate to plugins.
By thatruth313 Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:37 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Have you tried a complete uninstall? The uninstallers are in Library > Application Support > Akai, uninstall all the drivers plus the MPC application itself. Reboot and re-install.

Can you tell me how to find that MPC.Settings file in Windows?