MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JBlongz Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:03 am
Welp, after getting my MPC Key 61 in the mail and spending hours of prep..finally got to the step of testing Ableton integration...NOT THERE?! I'm stunned. Are there only specific models with this feature? Looks like these keys are going back in a hurry. Whatever politics is holding this back, it hurts the customer.
By Lampdog Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:03 am
2.12.2, mpc keys61, there’s no “control” icon for Ableton on mine either.

Just checked MPC X, it’s there.
By JBlongz Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:03 am
Lampdog wrote:2.12.2, mpc keys61, there’s no “control” icon for Ableton on mine either.

Just checked MPC X, it’s there.

Mind blowing that keys model doesn’t have it. People were telling me that it was there and I was missing it, but they are Live and users.

So I basically need to find an older model for decent daw integration or wait on a future model. :Sigh:
By Lampdog Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:17 am
I don’t remember if CONTROL was there when in previous Keys61 firmware.
You’d have to reinstall each older Keys61 firmware and check if CONTROL icon is there or not. Not many have both keys61 and an MPC X/Live I’m guessing.
By jaffa Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:54 pm
Wouldn't bother, as far as I know it was never there. It also wasn't there on the MPC one originally but appeared in a firmware update. I think people thought it would be there in an update but hasn't happened as yet

Steve